[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 35.jpg (3.16 MB, 1988x3056)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB JPG
>Brutal Iron Man
Tony's been angry before, but this is the first time I've seen him described as "brutal". I don't have much hope for the new run being great, but I am intrigued at the very least to see how such a Tony will be written, and whether he'll be OOC.
>>
>>144634750
I guess he'll somehow be more "ruthless"
>>
So what's he gonna do, murder the board?
>>
File: forever-iron-template.png (163 KB, 3000x800)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
The writer spoke about the announcement on his newsletter

>NOW THAT IT'S OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED, I can finally reveal the mysterious project I keep talking about taking up my time. In October, Marvel Comics will publish its next Iron Man ongoing series. The immensely talented Brazilian artist Julius Ohta is drawing it. I'm writing it.

>Back when the first Iron Man movie came out in 2008, I indulged myself for the length of an essay about how Iron Man comics have over the years critiqued and satirized U.S. foreign policy and the military-industrial complex. The piece has some lines I cringe at 15-ish years later. It unfortunately suggests that such critiques were consistent features of the comics, something I can see is wrong now that I've read a lot more Iron Man issues. But looking back on it after all these years, I think it's generally right. And after my run on Iron Man, well—the piece will be more right than it was before.

>But this comic book is not a political-science paper, a piece of journalism or a deconstruction of Tony Stark. The assignment is big, high-stakes superhero action, and, without saying more about stories I can't wait for you to read, we deliver. Longtime Iron Man readers will recognize some characters we haven't seen in a very long time, and some not often seen in an Iron Man book, if at all. New Iron Man readers will not be dropped into impenetrable continuity.

[Insert the Marvel article of the announcement here]
>>
>>144635237
>Everyone is going to be impressed by the artwork of Julius Ohta. When I learned he had signed onto the book, I went to Bulletproof Comics on Nostrand Avenue in Brooklyn and picked up the Alien series he drew. This guy's compositions and storytelling are incredible. By the first time we properly spoke, I had already drawn up a scene-by-scene breakdown of the first arc. But I asked Julius what he loves drawing and what he hates drawing. That ended up changing our plans in favor of better ones. This is his book, too. (And wow, that Yasmine Putri cover!) You can also see some of Julius' designs at AIPT. What's… what's that on Iron Man's back…?

>For all this and more, I'm grateful to Iron Man editor Sarah Brunstad, as well as to everyone in the Avengers office, including writers whose work I love enough to have made a recent dinner with them weird. One of them in particular I need to thank: Gerry Duggan. I "knew" Gerry as the tremendous writer he is. Now I've gotten to know Gerry as the generous person he is. I've been buying his Invincible Iron Man in floppies, so I already knew he was going to leave me Tony Stark in excellent condition—so excellent that I feel the pressure to live up to the standards his run has set. Gerry has taken the time from his busy schedule to answer my deranged questions and save me from continuity mistakes. Subscribe to his newsletter and buy his comics and photography. And what was that tease on his last page of Invincible Iron Man #20 about, anyway…?

The rest is him offering stickers to his readers that pre-order the series and show him receipts (since he really wants this to do well and tell his story) and that he will share behind the scenes material whenever he can on his newsletter.

https://www.forever-wars.com/iron-man-x-forever-wars-and-a-special-offer-for-you/
>>
>>144634750
Tony again?
>>
>>144635237
least he has become more well-read on Iron Man since that 2008 essay
>>
>>144634750
Let's see if this will work.
>>
This guy sucks
>>
>>144634750
>>144635237
>>144635239
This will not be good.
>>
>>144637320
so par for the course for modern Iron Man writers

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.