[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000107955.jpg (243 KB, 1200x600)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>Crawling in my skin
>These wounds, they will not heal
>Fear is how I fall
>Confusing what is real
Are you excited for the return of Edgy DC?
>>
File: kingdom come magog.png (410 KB, 600x338)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>144635304
is armageddon upon us?
>>
>>144635304
You have that disorder that makes you think there are insects under your skin?
>>
>>144635304
The possibility of stuff that's edgy but still at least badass in some way or another, is vastly preferable to what they've been doing since rebirth. Personally I want consistent artists and good action more than anything.
>>
>>144635304
>Jason Aaron
I'd rather have my eyes gouged out with an ice cream scoop.
>>
>>144635304
I actually like those Batman and Superman designs, WW looks like shit tho
>>
>>144635304
I'm looking forward to each character having a moment where they lament the parts missing from their new backstories (eg Batman saying "I wish I was a rich guy" or Superman saying "I wish I wasn't so alien")
>>
>>144635304

Not gonna lie, I'm not looking forward to these three based on what we've seen. I think they're the wrong thing at the wrong time.
Earth One Superman failed specifically because they tried to make Superman dark and brooding. They're repeating a mistake.
Big Batman is way too weird and different. He seems more like a Spawn or Spiderman clone than Batman in the brief preview we got.
WW is doomed because it's WW, and also because Kelly Thompson has never written a good comic in her life. Having her among the three big AbsU entries makes me think DC simply doesn't have any interested writers.
>>
I had faith, and it's gone.
>>
>>144635304
Can somebody tell me what’s going on with Supes? I saw in another thread his fortress is gone?
>>
>>144636510
He's an alien raised by wolves or something
>>
File: 1721542767992649.webm (225 KB, 700x418)
225 KB
225 KB WEBM
>>144635304
I like some edge, but the problem here is that these won't be the fun kind of edgy. They'll just exist in a "bad world" that'll be another heavy-handed allegory for
>[current day]
while the characters themselves will just be annoying brats angry with the state of the world. They won't be the Y2K kind of edge that worked, they'll just be mouthpieces with "important speeches" set against whatever the writers have an axe to grind with. Look at Superman. He'll be coming to Earth in his 20s and it'll be written by Aaron. What do you think will happen? He'll come from Aaron's version of Utopia on Krypton, and then take to being angry with Earth due to whatever grievances Aaron himself has, which will give us an extended arc of an immigrant allegory of a materially superior specimen being hounded by the inferior, which will be represented by Aaron's boogeymen. And of course he'll slowly learn to see the good and blablabla. It's predictable. It's boring. There's nothing there that's appealing. It'll be too broody for wholesomefags, but at the same time it won't be genuinely edgy for the edgefags who grew up with original Ultimate Marvel, NuMetal and all that. WW will just be a dyke and the book will be an America-level SoP, while
>BIGGER BATMAN
will just be more Snyderslop.

What am I even supposed to be intrigued by? A "more alien Superman" I would've given a shot at, but it's written by Aaron, and the guy cannot tell a story that doesn't repeat the same beats to save his life.
>>
>>144636510
>Writer Jason Aaron and artist Rafa Sandoval join forces to present a new Man of Steel with the launch of Absolute Superman #1. This Superman has no family, no Fortress of Solitude, and no home. Will he still stand for truth, justice, and a better tomorrow in this new universe?
>>
>>144636521
Lmfao are you serious anon? What in the fuck is going on at dc (and marvel) I am completely out of the loop. This has got to be one of the worst eras for comic books
>>
>>144636538
>They'll just exist in a "bad world" that'll be another heavy-handed allegory for
>>[current day]
Fuck, they are gonna make Darkseid a Trump allegory aren't they?
>>
>>144636550
Man what in the stupid shit. This is the mainline status quo? Fuck you
>>
>>144636585
It's the Absolute Universe, which is apparently NOTHING like the Ultimate Universe nope not the same
>>
>>144635304
Shill thread with shill responses.
>>
>>144636888
Who am I shilling for? DC, or properties against DC?
>>
My emo middle school nephew is already interested in these.
>>
>>144635304
Realistically how long does this Absolute universe last? They've already hinted they'll do a crossover event with the regular universe in the future
>>
>>144635304
If DC wanted their comics to be "edgy", why not use and push Red Hood? He is edgy and have a lot younger fans who DC themselves are desperate to win over.
>>
>>144636042
Alcoholism?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBN0G52FegA
>>
>>144636961
Flash isn't even going to follow the formula of the other two
Neither will Green Lantern
>>
>>144636991
That would require DC to be smart and actually care about red hood.
>>
>>144637008
*other three
>>
>>144636961

I think they'll give it a year at least but if it doesn't get a following in that time, it'll be blown up in the next Must-See Event That Changes Everything.
>>
>>144636888

I don't think you know what shill means. Shill is someone trying to sell you something. Everyone in this thread including OP is mocking this shit.
>>
>>144635304
What in the fuck is going on with Batman? He looks like the fat Asian Batman from the Chinese Superman book
>>
>>144636991
Jason's problem that he has no fanboys in the industry and fanboys are in charge of DC. Looks at how much push Dick is getting because Waid and Taylor are huge fans of his or Damian with Williamson.
>>
>>144636991
Red Hood would definitely be the perfect character for the AP line, but of course they won't use this opportunity to push him.
>>
>>144637031
Which will unironically make people interested in checking it out.
>>
>>144637113
1. Only a retard believes all publicity is good publicity.
2. If literally any mention of any comic is shilling then what the fuck are we supposed to talk about in here?
>>
>>144637034
This is swole venison Batman now
>>
>>144636991
Jason is lame as shit and should never have been resurrected.

Only way he would work as a big name was in a "90's characters only" universe which now that I said it would be pretty neat.
>>
>>144637201
And yet he is more popular than 90% of DC heroes.
>>
>>144637531
>citation needed
>>
>>144637689
Just look anywhere at social media. He get more attention than most DC characters do.
>>
>>144637760
Where? On fucking twitter? You realize that's not real life right?
>>
>>144637897
I pretty sure that I said everywhere, but I have no doubt that you will continue to deny it.
>>
File: Raven103.jpg (283 KB, 919x1368)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>144635304
Wonder Woman going through a rebellious phase. Does she have a tramp stamp, too?
>>
>>144637897
>Boon: No other DC character got such a huge reaction like Jason did (talking about Injustice)
Red Hood is extremely popular and it's seriously embarrassing how DC failed completely to attract his fans.
>>
>>144636447
Superman's still viewed as a lameass by most. As he is now, he'll never be cool.
>>
>>144636521
I would've just had Krypton be Far Future Earth like in Red Son. Have Supes be a literal Man of Tomorrow.
>>
>>144637038
Because the fanboys love their Saturday morning superheroes and hate gun toting vigilantes and anti-heroes. Plus, the guys they seethe about and clowned on them enjoy the latter over the former.
>>
>>144637965
>Red Hood is extremely popular
WHERE
>>
File: IMG_3148.gif (92 KB, 220x164)
92 KB
92 KB GIF
>>144635304
Ethan, I’m sorry DC won’t hire you anymore. It bums me out too I really liked your art. But you’ve posted this same exact thread every day since this cover was revealed. The first time maybe would’ve gotten a sensible chuckle but a week later it’s just sad. A better use of your time would probably to be working on your comics, from what I understand you’re several years late on your promises. I promise DC isn’t on this board to see your epic takedowns that you’re devoting so much time to…if you really want revenge show them that you don’t need them to be successful. But in order to do that you need to actually put out material which means you need to not spend every moment on /co/ waiting for someone to mention DC so you can camp the thread to shit all over them.
>>
>>144637201
Jason is the least lame of all DC characters. He's got wide as fuck mass appeal. Dude can easily be marketed to people who don't like that superhero shit. The audience is there.
>>
>>144635304
I'd ask if they brought Rob Liefeld in for that Batman but the linework is too clean.
>>
Should've made it a world without heroes. Gray and black morality. Like the MAX universe.
>>
>>144638070
>that superhero shit
What aspect of Jason do you think is exept from the cliches of modern cape writing? He's got costumes, gadgets, a reading backlog, moralizing, which also means soap opera-tier drama within his foster family, hundreds of events appearances, his best friends are Speedy and Bizarro, which means people have to care about Speedy and Bizarro.
>>
>>144637897
Martinbrough (Red Hood current writer) earlier this year went to Tunisia to promote one of his children books and was surprised to see many Red Hood fans coming to greet him. IN TUNISIA.
In China, they actually made a birthday event for him where fans gathered to celebrate him.
In Japan, they once made a Keychain merch for the batfamily. If you buy the entire box, you will get unmasked Jason as a bounce (he already has another with his mask). The box sold out quickly because of that.
He is only the Robin who actually got a huge and expensive status.

Do you want me go on?
>>
>>144638301
Abosutely none of that means nothing if these were a limited amount of people for limited events.
>>
>>144638301
>He is only the Robin who actually got a huge and expensive status
The one that was based on Dexter art, right? He also got a pretty good samurai figure with four different looks
>>
>>144638336
Yep. They made a Samurai Batfamily status. Jason is the only one who got four different styles.
>>
Apparenly someone read the ashcan for Absolute Batman and that it's not Bruce.
>>
>>144638301
I remember that Rebirth Rhato was one of few books that got translated to Arabic by fans in ME. They so seem to like him there.
>>
>>144635304
IF I GO CRAZY WILL STILL CALL ME SUPERMAN?!
>>
>>144635304
Yes
>>
>>144636550
I just realized, a lot of people don't know hat superman originally grew up in an orphanage
>>
>>144636550
>This Superman has no family, no Fortress of Solitude, and no home
So where the fuck did he come from? He just arrived on earth?
>>
>>144638301
Just to add that once they added an exclusive merchandise for Red Hood in SDCC and it was announced that it sold out in 2 minutes. He made it to YJ because there was so much demands (and cheer whenever his name was dropped in one of these panels) for him.
>>
>>144635304
Maybe this rumor was true?

>Batman in this timeline isn't Bruce Wayne‚ it's Bane. After the death of his parents he sought out vengeance only to end up in Arkham. In a unjust Gotham‚ it birthed an Absolute Batman. Aaron's Superman is going to be heavily sci-fi/ silver age inspired. Thompson's Wonder Woman is going to be a reimagining of the 70's powerless spy version of Diana. Ewing is doing New Gods
>>
>>144635304
Why does Batman have Liefeld proportions? Why does his emblem not look like a bat? How mad am I going to be that all these books will outsell the regular books regardless of quality?
>>
>>144638548
All interesting ideas that DC's staff can't handle
>>
>>144638589
Rumor is that he is on venom, the logo is just because DC faggots are retarded
>>
DC still trying to get rid of Bruce Wayne hahahaha
>>
>>144638621
white billionaire bad
poor mexican good
>>
File: tarzan supes.jpg (294 KB, 782x595)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>144636521
We've already seen that though.
Twice.
>>
>>144638698
But they're right though.
>>
>>144635304
Is it going to be edgy DC or DC with extra pulp? Working class batman, thats a detective fiction staple. Aloof but moral guardian superman, reminds me of solomon kane. Wonder woman is the exciting one to me because she's bursting with pulp in this; busty barbarian babe with a broadsword and omnicompetent archaeological adventurer displaced from time? Thats badass.

I think theyre trying (rightfully if so) to claw away some of overly capey stale tropes that barnacled onto these characters and get them back to their genre roots. I am actually a bit excited for it.

Also if they make joker a spoiled trustfund baby who stays out of arkham using daddy's money ill bust
>>
>>144638760
>omnicompetent archaeological adventurer
The writer already debunked this as a lie.
>>
>>144638752
yeah, that's why DC is losing market share
>>
>>144638327
What do you think popularity means, smarty? If people consistently talk about a character, people from different parts of the world knows about them and likes them (which is impressive in Jason's case since he barely has anything), make countless fan works of them and buy their merchandise, it pretty much means that they are quite popular.

>>144638548
I didn't expect the rumor to be true. Is DC serious? They think people will care about Bane?
>>
>>144636447
Batman is the worst design. Superman and wonder woman are looking fresh here and honestly very hot. Batman is just too fucking big. Thats not even what strongmen look like. Superman should have improbable bodybuilder muscles, batman should just look solid and mobile like a soccer player. If hes working class i wouldnt even mind him being a little scrawny or fat, both very detective friendly builds. The cape also bothers me. Hes got the most good and bad ideas stuffed together imho.
>>
>>144638787
They have been dying decades ago and is hitting their lowest point in history. Without or without that, DC comics were already dogshit ages ago hence how they got hijacked in the first place. No one with talent works there anymore nor cares about it.
>>
>>144638778
Oh really? Can i get a source on what theyre going for then? Because i honestly thought it was a banger.
>>
>>144638813
Yeah, when your top talent is Jason Aaron and Tom Taylor its over, but the unpaid shills here can't help but jerk themselves to mediocre shit that nobody will remember in two years just like Future State
>>
>>144638548
Why not just do Bane's regular story then? But instead of hating bats, he becomes one.
>>
>>144639028
Because they want Bruce Wayne removed.
>>
>>144639058
Why?
>>
Finally, the Snyder verse in book form
>>
>>144639084
Because he's a rich white guy.
>>
>>144638548
That's a huge risk DC is taking. If Batman flopped, the rest don't have a chance.
>>
You won't be reading this, right?
>>
>>144635304
they all look awful
>>
>>144641055
Right...
>>
It honestly baffles me just how divisive this book is.
>>
>>144643852
You have to be a moron to even consider it in the first place.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.