[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why didn't The Simpsons or Family Guy catch on in Nippon like South Park did?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUFujWurpkE
>>
>>144636924
Fujos.
>>
Because these shows don't have dozens of bratty little boys doing retarded things together.
>>
>>144636924
Because South Park has character designs that are very appealing to the Japanese, and also the general weirdness of the first seven seasons are also appealing. The Simpsons and Family Guy rely too much on references a lot of Japanese watchers wouldn't get
>>
>>144637097
I wonder what they thought of the Chinpokomon episode?
>>
>>144637111
That episode never aired there because the Japanese translators were probably worried it would offend the Japanese, but Japanese fans subbed the episode. I also think all of the episodes that have Sadam Hussein were never aired there as well.

Fun Fact: Kyle is voiced by the guy who plays Ranma and Inuyasha in the most well known version of the dub
>>
File: City-wok-guy.png (520 KB, 502x1053)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
>>144636924
Herro. Welcome to City Wok may I take your order prease?
>>
>>144636924
Family Guy is actually catching on thru jap compilation vids.
afaik The Simpsons were just a 90's american novelty in Japan and they lost interest after the movie.
>>
File: kllt3q59reb71.jpg (407 KB, 1050x1050)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
Simpsons jokes don't translate well into Japanese
>>
>>144637309
Simpsons merchandise and the arcade game were both popular in Japan in the early 90s, with the show itself being virtually unknown. It got a dubbed broadcast there but only on a premium satellite channel that specialized in foreign shows.
>>
>>144637145

It never aired because Nintendo of Japan made a fuss and the Japanese government in general hated the Pearl Harbor jokes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.