[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

She was honestly an asshole
>>
People love assholes.
>>
>>144636947
>She was honestly an asshole
Because she was frank, honest, and authentic
And character development kicked in and she got just a tiny bit nicer
>>
>>144636947
Because she could dance The Swim, and look good doing it.
>La la la la la...
>>
>>144636960
She was sparky at people even when they weren't nasty to her. She acted like she was better than everyoje
>>
>>144636958
I don't. Scared?
>>
>>144636947
She was a spinoff of Beavis and Butt-Head.
And the only character with common sense on the show, becoming the fan favorite.
So spinning her off to her own show was inevitable.
>>
>>144637809
I meant in her own show, not on Beavis and Butthead
>>
>>144637017
>She was sparky at people even when they weren't nasty to her
she was sardonic at worst, she was only truly biting to actual jerks

>She acted like she was better than everyoje
she was mostly venting her frustration at a society that didnt value intellectualism
this isnt always portrayed as a good thing but it is quite understandable
>>
>>144637875
She was a judgemental asshole. Even her parents called her out on it
>I have low self esteem for everyone else
>>
>>144638510
>being sarcastic makes her judgemental
She was telling that because helen was up in arms, her dad was clueless, and quinn was being a jerk herself
And because she thought the whole self-esteem test was a load of hooey to begin with, and proven right not long after when mr o neil is the one in charge of her special class

Her sarcasm is a means of coping with teenage life
>>
>>144636947
the whole point of the series is that she and most of the other main characters grow as people
she becomes less cynical, quinn becomes less selfish, even brittany and kevin get character arcs
>>
>>144636947
>Why was she so beloved
Because millennials are also "i'm so much smarter than everyone" cynical, moronic assholes like her
>>
>>144636947
Yes. It was funny.
>>
Idk, she was kinda like the cartoon Amy Lee: unsexy yet strangely still alluring in almost every other way.
>>
Everyone is an asshole at that age. You grow out of it, hopefully.
>>
>>144639225
>>144639338
It's just bullshit because there's a character I like from a book that's kind of similar to Daria, but she really only snacks when people are nasty to her, yet all the reviews I read of the book call her whiny and annoying who thinks she's better than everyone. Yet Daria gets a free pass?
>>
>>144639465
The reviews on the book and the opinions on Daria were written by different people, I think.
>>
>>144639498
I saw someone on LiveJournal sporking the book I was referring to with the same complaints about the MC, yet praising Daria in it despite the latter coming off as worse imo
>>
excuse me
>>
>>144639507
What the fuck are you doing reading LiveJournal in the year of our lord 2024?
>>
>>144636947
She's just a typical, tunnel visioned, selfish teenager. She's not 25, her frontal cortex hasn't matured yet, she has trouble seeing beyond herself, and being able to think ahead about how her actions will affect others. Half of the show's plot points are about her accidentally hurting other people.
>>
>>144636947
because those people didn't understand that they weren't supposed to idolize her.
>>
>>144639656
Because I enjoy getting angry on the internet like Peter Parker

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.