[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Now that sine time has passed was it a justified critique?
>>
>>144637860
No, both are bad
>>
>>144637890
YOU THINK THAT'S BAD? Remember the time I sang in the opera with George Clooney?
>>
>>144637860
I've never seen any person say anything positive about post cancelation FG unless they were baiting for attention or were shrouded into post-millenial irony, just like Shrek became some years before, at some point talking about Family Guy became in itself a bigger joke than anything in Family Guy

South Park, on the other side, has pedophiles who only keep watching became of some weird mass psychosis where they hallucinate idealized versions of what they think the infant characters should be
>>
>>144637988
Yes seth, I remember
>>
Family Guy's ADD joke writing sucks, no discussion, bu the South Parkvguys have been coasting for decades on naughty libertarian "have you considered BOTH SIDES are bad?" doggerel. They'll cock up one, maybe two "jokes," more often jusy clumsy analogies, and then just harp on them endlessly for an entire episode, if not an entire season. You could tell they were mad at Family Guy's popularity, jealous they were making it on network TV and not basic cable, and probably mad that McFarlane is a more talented and versatile voice actor too
>>
>>144638950
People will call me a pseud, but I enjoyed more the first two seasons of south park. One of the reasons being that it wasn't a show about morality, and just stupidity
>>
File: Rolf huh.jpg (11 KB, 215x202)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>144638991
...why would people call you a pseud for enjoying abject stupidity for stupidity's sake? That's like the exact inverse of being a pseud. You're like a duesp.
>>
It was a justified critique, but South Park is the show that feels the most like an AI wrote it these days.
>>
File: OIP-2.jpg (66 KB, 474x711)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>144637988
I remember alotta things :D
>>
>The critique is right but South Park went to shit later!
Ok? That doesn't impact the critique at all. The fact that South Park is a shadow of its former self is irrelevant and the critique was made in a time when the show was still largely seen as good regardless.
>>
>>144638950
also every time Trey and Matt have the slightest inconvenience in their lives, they're big piss-babies about it and put it in South Park.

Roger Ebert didn't like their movie? title an episode "Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods". Phil Collins got "their" Oscar? Put him in an episode carrying around the Oscar being a jerk. Isaac Hayes leaves the show? Use old soundclips to make him look like a pdf and then kill off his character.

episode 200 was like "we're going to challenge our corporate daddies because we're PRINCIPLED and fighting CENSORSHIP" and then episode 201 was like "let's have s shark literally rape the down's-syndrome kid at summer camp."

man i gave that show so many fucking chances
>>
>>144639134
It's incredible how fucking whiny and petty Matt and Trey are.
>>
>>144639126
What was their critique? That the FG guys used cutaways too much so that their main plot couldn't tell a story (not true) ? So what? It's their format. It's like watching Beavis and Butthead is whining because the main plot gets interrupted by them reacting to music videos.

Matt and Trey were just being salty and taking aim at a rising star, same with the Simpsons, ultimately they just kind of served to legitimize FG and Seth by doing so. Like imagine them shitting on that newly announced Skibidi show, you'd think it would be beneath them, but they'll do it and grant it a shred of legitimacy.
>>
>>144639512
>Matt and Trey were just being salty and taking aim at a rising star, same with the Simpsons, ultimately they just kind of served to legitimize FG and Seth by doing so.
Anon Family Guy's popularity was on a rapid decline at that point and didn't actually rebound until a few years later.
>>
Nah. The worst Family Guy jokes are better than anything South Park has ever done. Trey and Matt are two of the unfunniest people to ever live.
>>
>>144639512
>So what? It's their format.
Why would a format be beyond critique? Are you daft?
>>
>>144639832
>t. Tom Cruise
>>
>>144640010
Imagine defending the South Park hacks
>>
>>144640062
Okay, fudge packer.
>>
From season 1 to 4? no. from season 4 to 14. yes. Family guy is also a mix bag. a lot of it isbad but a lot of it also really good.

I think the real critique is that a lot of times FG does their edginess for the sake of shock value while SP tried to have a underlining message to justify and they thought they had the moral high ground to say anything because of it. Drawn together even criticizes their mentality of thinking they were superior because of it.
>>
>>144640108
But enough about you

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.