[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712276781436923.png (156 KB, 285x450)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>Its a Beatlemania parody episode where the main characters are Beatles stand-ins and satirizes the lifespan of the band
>>
Name one time where this happened outside of Angry Beavers and The Simpsons. No Powerpuff Girls doesn't count because those were the villains that were Beatles stand-ins, not the main characters.
>>
More like The Wife Beatles, amirite?
>>
>>144641145
When are we getting a Beach Boys career parody episode
>>
>>144641198
Can someone explain to me why the Beatles beating their wives became a meme in the last 5 years or so? It was known since the 60s and they even mentioned it in their song Getting Better. Seems like an odd thing to fixate on something that was common public knowledge for over 50 years.
>>
>>144641242
I'm not sure myself, a few friends of mine joked about it so I followed suit.
>>
>>144641230
That'd just be depressing, the Beatles at least had a lot of fun moments along the way and the stuff leading up to their breakup is fun to explore.
>>
>>144641230
Beach Boys >>> Beatles
>>
>>144641230
It's not as fun because it involves the brains of the operation having a mental breakdown.
>>
>>144641242
Zoomers that didn't actually know much about the Beatles thought that Boomers worshipped them because they were some squeaky-clean boyband, and upon learning that information ran with it even though the Beatles never had a squeaky-clean image at all.
>>
>>144641145
My favorite kind of episode. :)

Also name one other time besides PPG.
>>
>>144641310
Mr. Boss having a mental breakdown was funny, perhaps it can be funny here too.
>>
>>144641338
Not really something you wanna put in a kids cartoon, though, which is what most of the aforementioned Beatles parodies are.
>>
>>144641312
>even though the Beatles never had a squeaky-clean image at all.
Yes they did, when they began. The Who and Rolling Stones were seen as the bad boy versions of the Beatles.

Imagine listening to the music of this Tavistock manufactured boy band who used to party with Jimmy Saville
>>
>>144641357
Never stopped R&S from having psychotic moments, but I see your point.
>>
>>144641374
They had a clean-er image but it was never entirely clean, hell their escapades in Germany were well-known, and by the middle of their career that was dropped entirely as John Lennon was incapable of keeping his cuntishness to himself
>>
>>144641179
Yes, PowerPuff Girls counts. It wasn't the "main" cast, but they were significant characters

Also CatDog, Pinky & The Brain, Amphibia,
>>
>>144641299
I agree and disagree. The Beatles get in and get out in like 7 years. The Beach Boys have higher highs (Pet Sounds is the greatest album ever made) but they also stick around so long that they have a lot of trash. The highest highs of the Beatles are comparable but they do not have the lows that the Beach Boys were experience after Smile falls apart.
>>
>>144641374
Allan Sherman wrote an entire song about giving the Beatles a haircut.

https://youtu.be/O_wDWh661iM?si=PbxNBlhLXOYcpyEW
>>
>>144641479
>CatDog
They had "The Beetles" show up, the episode itself wasn't a parody of their career.
>Pinky & The Brain
That was overtly just a straight up parody band of the Beatles that were only in that episode.
>Amphibia
Battle of the Bands doesn't resemble the Beatles' career at all.
>>
>>144641605
In Doug, the Beets are a 90s version of the Beatles
>>
>>144641685
Yes, and no main character acts as a stand-in, nor does the show parody the Beatles' actual career trajectory. Did you even read the OP or are you just spitting out any kind of Beatles reference?
>>
File: Beetles.jpg (98 KB, 620x1000)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
Even the fucking Wonder Pets did it.
>>
File: realization.jpg (27 KB, 348x227)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>it's a Buddy Holly parody episode
>>
>>144641374
>Imagine listening to the music of this Tavistock manufactured boy band

No, they had the opposite trajectory of a boy band. They started as a legit regular rock band touring and partying but later devised the clean Fab Four image under the direction of manager Brian Epstein which allowed them to become megastars. But they always were a legit band which is why they soon grew frustrated with stardom and abandoned touring at the height of their popularity in favor of studio work.
>>
>>144641408
>hell their escapades in Germany were well-known

No it wasn't, not the general population. The vast majority of the world first knew them as the cuddly Fab Four. It was only later that awareness of their earlier days spread.
>>
File: Yawn!.jpg (47 KB, 400x300)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>144641374
>Imagine listening to the music of this Tavistock manufactured boy band
"The Beatles are just a boy band" was a press criticism against them as part of the overall attempt to paint them as a fad from 1963 - 1964. The press itself had abandoned it by 1965 as their music became increasingly complex, their image more dirty, and it was becoming apparent that their style of music wasn't going much of anywhere. People saying that they were "just a boy band" are parroting 50+ year old press fuckery that the press itself gave up on 50+ years ago.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.