[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mandark.png (106 KB, 480x360)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
I personally just can't get invested in live action as much. I can't help but see actors playing make believe. Animation just feels so much more alive.
>>
>>144644205
Because I’m autistic
>>
More artistic merits and more often than not more loyal adaptations to the source material.

Animation in general is often just more interesting to look at and criticize/enjoy on a visual medium. Even the crappiest of movies would benefit from just having mediocre looking animation.

Think of any flop from 2024/2023 and think how much interesting they would be if they were on the medium.
>>
>>144644205
I don't.
For one, I find cheap and/or ugly animation to be an eyesore. The little, repetitive animation shortcuts are tiresome. Cartoon voice acting is largely auditory AIDS.
I prefer comics/manga and live-action.
>>
>>144644205
Meh, at this point, I've grown so tired of getting burned by animation (both east and west) promising everything and giving me nothing that I just stick with live-action.
>>
>>144644468
There's also a lack of things like presence, microexpressions, natural time and timing, etc., things that are difficult or costly to reproduce in animation.
>>
>>144644403
There's truth to this. Even if it's a bad film in general, the fact there were interesting decisions made throughout the film regarding character design, background art, movement etc makes it more interesting and enjoyable to watch than just normal people doing normal things.
>>
I mean hey, I myself animated (the same way a cicada lives, though) so I can't help but admire the craft.
>>
>>144644205
same reason except the make believe part I jut prefer the freedom animation allows for storytelling and the exaggeration of emotions
>>
>>144644205
Basically this >>144644239
I cannot read emotions from real life faces unless they "overact" in the exaggerating way (and even in this case it is not "natural", but just a logical convertation of explained/written knowledge about what this expression means into my own emotions. Animation has it way more expressive and simple, so i can logically convert faces into proper emotions. Live actions with their subtle things, that normal people, as i understand, can percept through "hardware", are just more boring faces for me. Bland colors of most live movies doesn't help either.
>>
>>144644205
I get you OP, I like art and animation is just cooler and has a lot more going for it. Also probably because I’m childish in general, since I often find it harder to get into live action stuff unless they’re executed in a similarly unique/low-stakes way

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.