[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm starting to think that you guys don't like this book. Maybe you guys hate Panthers or something....
>>
>>
Feel free to bump if you're reading. Or don't, you Panther hating bigot
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>Connection error
damn
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>another connection error
this place REALLY doesn't want Black Panther
>>
>>
>>144644317
it fine just feels like a generic milquetoast Black panther book which is a problem when your universe is meant to swinging for the fences
>>
>>
Support your local LCS I guess. The guy at mine was telling me how he almost died because his doc gave him bad meds but he couldn't sue because he didn't lose a limb or die lmao
>>
this art sucks ass
>>
>>144644350
wish Hill could be bothered to specify more than just "west africa" that is a rather broad area of planet earth
>>
>>144644368
cool design for Moon Knight/Khonshu
>>
It's just not interesting compared to the others.
What would make it better?
>>
you know i think the problem with this book is that literally most of it could probably just happen in 616 compared to everything else
>>
>>144644467
feel like Hill flipped the personalities on these two between issues
>>
>>144644812
Probably not starting with Wakanda as an existing entity
>>
>>144644601
don't Ra, and Khonshu control all of Africa bar Wakanda? wouldn't they have allowed this refinery to exist in the first place?
>>
>>144644812
wakanda exists but it's under a completely different state of ruling and t'challa becomes black panther to try and reclaim the throne on a tight budget
>>
>>144644621
jfc the FIRST ISSUE already ended with T'Challa declaring war.
This book sucks, with the sales much lower than the other Ultimate titles and the meh reception, wouldn't be surprised if this is the first series to get cancelled.
>>
>>144644636
Doesn't it seem a little too early to do the "Tangled in the Christmas lights" gimmick?
>>
>>144644368
>I am many things Tchalla. Here I am God
>>
>>144644617
That's a valid point to have.
>>
>>144644897
>to try and reclaim the throne on a tight budget
He's not reclaiming the throne though. He is the active king in the story.
>>
>>144644636
I feel like they could have explored more about the green orb

Given it a name, shown off its power in a more impressive way

That would have really helped move the plot a long
>>
>>144644812
>Less wakanda/africa shit
>more FF/Illuminati shit
>killmonger needs a full heel turn
>storm needs to fuck off completely
>much much better art every issue
>faster pacing
>>
>>144645787
I still think storm is going to be the one who turns
>>
>>144644398
Meme?
>>
>>144644944
>jfc the FIRST ISSUE already ended with T'Challa declaring war.
I went back and read the previous issues. Wakanda IS at war with Ra and Konshu, but it was later mentioned that they've gone silent I wanna say it's in #4. Given the dialogue at the end of this issue the war continues but this time "for real". Well even more so now they they have a piece of the Green Orb.
>>144645850
At this point it's anyone. Especially with the lack of hints and clues. If there are, then I completely missed them.
>>
>>144646306
I'm tripping. Of course with the Konshu knowing the location of the area that the "smallest circle" only knows it would only point to at least 1 person. Who all wasn't in the room. But then it becomes an obvious guess.
>>
>>144644812
A good writer, a good artist
>>
>>144644812
Give it to a writer with an idea and not Tolkien Black

Of all the books this is the safest one, to the tune of this could have been part of the original Ultimate line with barely any changes

I'm not saying Tchalla needs to fuck his sister but let's get some game of theones shit up in here
>>
>>144646926
And a good character and setting.
>>
>>144644317
Bump for Anon
>>
>>144644424
For a second there I thought that was Shuri
>>
>>144644337
Bump because I'm reading.
>>
>>144644416
They changed artist, I swear, he looked more like a aftican american before. Here he looks more like from the continent.
>>
File: large-2954399.jpg (143 KB, 600x911)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
next issues and variant covers
Main Cover
Ultimate Black Panther #6 Felipe Massafera Variant
Ultimate Black Panther #6 Kode 'BossLogic' Abdo Ultimate Special Variant
Ultimate Black Panther #6 1:25 David Mack Variant
>>
File: large-6733265.jpg (207 KB, 600x912)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>RELEASES AUG 7TH, 2024
Ultimate Black Panther #7
Ultimate Black Panther #7 Juan Ferreyra Variant
Ultimate Black Panther #7 Mahmud Asrar Variant
"WAR OF THE KINGDOMS" STARTS HERE! While T'Challa has sought to grow his power, so too have the forces of Moon Knight… And with access to a unique new resource, Ra and Khonshu are stronger than ever! How will Wakanda stand in its resistance against the kings of the Upper and Lower K
>>
>>144644432
So I guess the cobflict between BP and Killmoger will be Royalty getting tired of being a isolatinost poch while Killmonger embrace more and more of the comfortable life?
>>
File: large-4675306.jpg (140 KB, 600x912)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
RELEASES SEP 11TH, 2024
Ultimate Black Panther #8
Ultimate Black Panther #8 Russell Dauterman VariantRussell Dauterman Variant
Ultimate Black Panther #8 Wes Craig Connecting VariantWes Craig Connecting Variant
Ultimate Black Panther #8 1:25 TBA Artist Variant1:25 TBA Artist Variant
Ultimate Black Panther #8 1:100 Wes Craig Connecting Virgin Variant
Black Panther and Storm take the fight to Moon Knight! Enough planning — time for a guerrilla counterstrike against Khonshu and Ra! Meanwhile, Killmonger and Okoye seek allies to aid their cause outside of Wakan
>>
File: large-8416787.jpg (140 KB, 600x911)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
RELEASES OCT 2ND, 2024
Ultimate Black Panther #9

The Ultimate Sorcerer Supreme? Magic, mysticism and metal clash! But the source of this magic is not what it appears to be, due to the Maker’s reshaping of the world... Black Panther wrestles with this new anti-vibranium — and deals with the devastating consequences! What is the price of such life-bringing power? And what is the price of trying to master it?
>>
>>144651086
T'Challa if he spider-man.
>>
File: large-6663571.jpg (100 KB, 600x833)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>
I guess the Maker stopped Khonshu from going after Wakanada because reasons? I still don't understand why it exists as the lone place on earth untouched by the Maker's vision.
>>
I feel like this book is what Xfags want UXM to be
>>
>>144651730
Hm interesting. Now what makes you say that? I would assume the familiar setting that's not a complete departure from what we know
>>144651236
Isn't that the question of the day
>>
The biggest critique of this run is that fuck all happens. Yet by the end of each issue something has happened
#1: T'Challa declares war
#2: Black Panther is saved by Killmonger and Storm
#3: We find out what Ra and Konshu are looking for, the green Orb
#4: A new circle of trust is formed
#5: Ra and Konshu acquired the green orb
#6: Konshu has declared war on Wakanda (seems a bit redundant but ok)
Now it's still a valid criticism but something is happening in these books.
>>
>>144651778
I mean it in regards to how little it differentiates itself from the 616 BP. UXM is very different, and a large portion of the X-Fans dislike it for that reason.
>>
>>144644617
Also it feels weird for them to have Storm here, and yet the X-Men book is all about Japanese schoolgirls being the new versions of previously-established mutants. Like Cyclops is dead, but they have a girl called Natsu (Summer lol) with the same powers as him. Also don't they already have a Storm-inspired mutant in that book anyway? Feels weird for the maker to get rid of other big name mutants but not Ororo.
>>
>>144651886
>Feels weird for the maker to get rid of other big name mutants but not Ororo
Well. The writer for UBP wanted to use storm for the story so he got her before Peach did. She also wanted to use Storm in her story. So he made a new character to fill storms spot
>>
>>144651886
This is why I feel like Storm is a spy/traitor
>>
>>144651897
Peach already made the design last year for some alt covers
>>
>>144651907
I know
>>
>>144651903
I feel you on that, at the same time, not enough evidence has shown that she. Outside of Shuri saying that she doesn't trust her. Like I just wished more clues were dropped
>>
I feel UBP would be more interesting if Shuri was Black Panther. Now, not the geeky Shuri from the movies, but the mystical Shuri that was conservative back in the day.
>>
>>144651939
And honestly it feels like the plot point was dropped after #4 when I think Ra Or Konshu was like "no more spies and assassins" but then again who leaked the location to get for Konshu to get retrieve the orb? If the Storm theory is true how come she didn't give up the info for the orb when it was just her and Killmonger that knew the location. The spie seems to know the walls of wakanda very well
>>
>>144651939
It would be a massive oversight by the maker if she wasn't. It's one thing to not be proactive with Armor or Shadow king, or not knowing about Maystorm at all, but Storm is a massive problem for him if she's good
>>
The traitors obviously Killmonger.
>>
>>144652001
>It would be a massive oversight by the maker if she wasn't.
If that whole subplot is taken off ice and it's revealed that it is her. I wanna see how they execute it because nothing is adding up
>>
>>144652001
I'm assuming that maybe the Maker only was doing his whole purge of superheroes a set amount of time before moving on to the next phase of his plan or he let others do what he should have done himself. Also Storm could have been born later than she should have been or in a different place. Storm's history shows that she does really need to be a mutant to have powers since she is descended from weather witches in Kenya and her ancestor being some powerful Egyptian sorceress.
>>
>>144652235
She could have slipped through the cracks like Cap, it just feels like something that they should've hunted at in something like Ultimate Universe #1
>>
>>144652509
True. Like issue 8 hints at Dr Strange appearing who's been MIA. So who knows
>>
>>144652844
They didn't say "Doctor Strange", they said "Sorcerer Supreme". It could been black Mordo or Brother Voodoo
>>
>>144653109
I mean yeah, but he still appeared on the makers chart. So who knows
>>
>>144652509
I don't think Maker has been hunting down mutants specifically the way he targeted other heroes at the point of their super powered origins

He seems to have focused more on controlling governments and suppressing mutants with legislation, and putting certain mutants in key positions of his organization because they are useful

>>144651886
Where did we see that Cyclops is dead?
>>
>>144654310
I think we assume so since we know Wolverine is dead and it wouldn't make sense for the heavy hitters to be alive if they weren't under Maker's thumb
>>
>>144654310
>Cyclops is dead?
No he's now a Japanese school girl?
>>
File: 20240719_082940.jpg (2.58 MB, 1561x2400)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
>>144654531
I love that Mori looks like a retard
>>
>>144654745
Our comic relief of this series fr
>>
>>144644337
I just hate bad writing you libturd inner city catamite.
>>
>>144654745
Need her to strangle Maker with her hat while everyone stares in shock
>>
>>144656248
>MEAT DOESN'T GO ON GRILLED CHEESE! THATS A MELT!
>>
>>144656248
That sounds funny
>>
>>144653109
They also hints that magic is super different in Ultimate Marvel. The sorcerer supreme could be Nick Fury for all we know.
>>
>>144657291
>Shooting guns is a form of casting magic
>>
>>144657338
>Nick Fury, but he use relics instead of gadgets
>Dum Dum Dugan in the role of Wong.
Heh

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.