[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Cyclops Vs..gif (6 KB, 184x219)
6 KB
6 KB GIF
Is Cyclops redeem to the masses now thanks to X-Men '97 or does he still need a great live action.
>>
>>144645765
I hate ESLs.
>>
>>144645765
>Needs an adaption to validate liking a character
kill yourself
>>
>>144645839
>>144645839
I don't, people seem to.
>>
>>144645765
>diaperclops

>>>/d/
>>
One day I hope we get an I WANT THIS THING OFF MY LAWN and a WHAT OTHER LIES HAVE YOU TOLD?!?! ---- BEHOLD!!!!! moment in live action.
Or rightclops running around with Magneto and Magik being fucking awesome.
>>
>>144645765
Obviously more casuals are going to respond to a live-action adaptation that hits the mark, but '97 definitely got a foot in the door to putting Scott back in the public consciousness in a positive light.
>>
>>144645765
>Is Cyclops redeem
>redeem
You can't make this shit up.
>>
File: GQe99MhXkAA3EQS.jpg (797 KB, 1338x2048)
797 KB
797 KB JPG
>>144645765
I never bought into the "casuals and normalfags hate Cyclops" rhetoric. Him being done dirty in the movies is like the most consistent complaint about them besides the leather costumes. Inhumans hate started because of Marvel killing off Cyke and painting him the bad guy to make them look good. Lots of creators self insert or wank him whenever they get the chance to use him, like Whedon, Benis, even Tom Brevoort likes him. Whenever MCU X-men is mention, everyone says Cyclops should be the main character.

He was always generally liked and most people who know X-men know he is/should be a big part of it. He just was overlooked in the past because guys like Wolverine and Gambit seemed so much cooler, but years of Scott getting done dirty made everyone appreciate him more and recognize that he was always cool in his own way.
>>
>>144646680
Most Cyclops hate comes from other characterfags. Aka, like every other notably popular character.
>>
>>144646598
>the public consciousness
It actually had less viewers than the What If? cartoon did, it just dominated discussion on comics corners of the internet that were already full of X-Men fans. The normie audience, to the extent it existed, would be mostly people old enough to have watched the original cartoon in the 90s, and as soon as it ended they stopped thinking about it and moved on to consume next product.
>>
>>144645765
What exactly makes him the BEST?
>>
>>144645765
don't you have a dog that you need to watch for? Shoosh

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.