[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: b4f.jpg (25 KB, 569x428)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Toy Story 1 is cartoonier and goes off-model more often than most traditional animation being made today.
>>
It was always necessary to make TS1 in a certain way. In the 1980s, the idea of CG animation was still generally pretty basic in most senses. When Pixar came along, they purposefully infused Disney ideas like squash/stretch and anticipation. The early Pixar shorts were experiments that sought to create a real sense of intrigue and personality, and they used classic era animation as a basis for this. Old CGI was about rendering milestones and novelty, but Pixar was about animation too, and this is what drove them. When it was time to do Toy Story, they applied everything from Disney into the film, and this is pretty obvious since Pixar has always had extremely strong ties to Disney. One thing that I still find impressive about the animation in Toy Story is the variety of what they created. Every toy sort of has their own weight, and way of moving, and mannerisms. And this is especially interesting considering so many of them are uniquely designed, like the soldiers, or anything with wheels, or any of Sid's frankenstein toys. Toy Story definitely earns its place as a rightful classic and not a jumped up gimmick. Though saying that the rendering was advanced for the time is completely false.
>>
>>144647697
I meant to say the rendering /was/ advanced, but I think you probably got that.
>>
>>144647498
Any examples? I don’t remember any off-model scenes in TS1.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.