[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What runs and storylines would you consider to be essential DC? I'm trying to explore more of the universe and its history. I'm coming in as someone pretty new.
>>
>>144647616
STOP making this THREAD PLEASE
>>
>>144647746
My first time making this thread
>>
>>144647746
>Ask question
>AAAAHHHHH! DONT DISCUSSS COMICS!!! YOU COULD HAVE BUMPED OFF A TWITTER THREAD!!!
>>
>>144647616
Batman Year One
All-Star Superman
Perez Wonder Woman
Wolf man Teen Titans
Batman Death in the Family
The Death, World Without, and Return of Superman
Infinite Crisis on Infinite Earths
>>
File: new teen titans.jpg (88 KB, 450x677)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>144648347
>Wolf man Teen Titans
Is this the one you're talking about?
>>
>>144647616
It depends a lot on where you want to go with this. If you are interested in understanding DC better generally, you can see if you library has things like Superman in the 1950s or the Golden Age volumes of Batman, Superman, and Silver Age volumes of Justice League, Flash, Green Lantern, Legion, Supergirl, etc. And then go on to things like >>144648347

Since you're saying ESSENTIAL, I assume you want to understand more and personally, >>144648366 which ran for a number of years and ended up being collected as like 5-8 books, isn't per se essential - and if it, it makes little sense to me to read it and not read the Silver Age Teen Titans.

Likewise, All Star Superman gets recommended a lot but some of it makes little sense without SOME context - like why is Jimmy the way he is, who the fuck some of the people are, etc.

I'm not a huge batman fan but would say that Death in the family and Year One would tell you less about Batman than reading one of the GA volumes and say any one of the Tales of the Batman books - depending on what art you like.
>>
>>144647616
DC sucks, stop reading superheroes and pick up something else, I am not kidding.
>>
>>144649813
you're not wrong, but he's obvs in the mood for capeshit. Let the man have his fast food slop.
>>
File: 1721709038342529.png (104 KB, 1196x624)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>144647616
>>
>>144649813
>>144650563
>more whineslop
>>
>Moore Swamp Thing (anything Moore really)
>Ostrander Suicide Squad
>Batman Year One
>Crisis on Infinite Earths
>Justice League International
>Wolfman and Perez's New Teen Titans
>Morrison's Doom Patrol and Animal Man
>Perez's Wonder Woman
>LOSH's Great Darkness Saga
>O'Neil's Question
>Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters

Honestly you don't need to read DC past the 80s. Pretty much all the fundamental DC works are from this era.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.