[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: joker.jpg (12 KB, 300x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
is it just me or has capeshit like dc universe gotten more edgier over the years? You have movies like the joker, but even a lot of stuff related to that universe, including animated stuff has a lot more open gore and violence nowadays. I remember when all of the animated adaptions were aimed at kids, but now in movies that have released in the past decade, there's a lot more blood, knife stabbing, guns with blood, cursing, etc. It feels like normal capeshit like it used to be back in the 90's and early 2000's and more like Mortal Kombat nowadays
>>
>>144648562
it feels less like normal capeshit*
>>
>>144648562
It's been Dark and Edgy for years, Vigilante straight up had a pedophile ring plot where they didn't really get brought to justice or killed, only the actual kidnapper if i rememeber.
>>
>>144648562
DC is dumb and juvenile.
>>
File: file.png (1.66 MB, 1900x900)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>joker literally cut his face off
Edgy for no reason? Lol where did you get that idea?
>>
File: file.png (698 KB, 820x469)
698 KB
698 KB PNG
>>144650202
Samefag here. Yeah canon DC is edgy, but to be fair I don't think they ever reached the levels of edgy of the Marvel MAX series.

I mean the Punisher getting his family's corpses dug up and literally pissed on is a pretty tough bar of edgy to beat.
>>
>>144648562
That's because DC and Marvel were catering to children. Now these children are grown adults that want something more "mature" and the big two are giving them that while neglecting their original target audience.
>>
File: 1572036256248.jpg (115 KB, 787x656)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
Why is Joker so relatable to us /co/? He's just like one of us.
>>
>>144648562

Unless you're talking about a very long timeframe (50 years), not really. But it has become more mopey and vapid, focusing more on navelgazing and pointless relationship drama instead of actual stories.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.