[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: backyardigansreanimated.jpg (1.27 MB, 3456x3888)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
Do people not know how to make children's cartoon characters look halfway decent anymore?
>>
>>144649145
Tyrone looks high as fuck in the top pick.
>>
what the fuckk is the pink thing I ahte it
>>
>>144649145
the algorithm and focus groups heavily favour designs that are cute, simplistic and neotenous, such as chibi, and so they redesign shit so as to make them tick all the boxes, and make those 40 year old moms wanna buy all the merch,
>>
>>144649145
To be fair both aren’t good looking but top definitely has more soul in movement even though it’s clearly mocap
>>
>>144649145
I honestly never liked this show. I never understood why anyone would want to watch this show back in the day when LazyTown was way better. LazyTown actually had humor, Backyardigans was dull
>>
>>144649145
easier to make merchendise. the new designs look like they were made to be toys.
>>
>>144649145
My nigga Pablo didn't deserve this ...
>>
>>144649145
I don’t know how they managed butchered up one of their main popular songs too, sounds very, blank... and the designs just topple on with that. But whatever makes money now I guess.
>>
File: 1333994876269.jpg (4 KB, 160x130)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
This shit was lame, soulless tripe when it was new.

The only thing that changed is that they used to look like poorly animated CGI plush toys, and now they look like poorly animated CGI funkopops.
It's amazing how a show about "uSiNg Ur ImAgInAtIoN!1!" manages to be so fucking dull and boring.
>>
>>144649225
This, >>144649145
what is that aborted fetus demon thing?
>>
>>144649432
Backyardrigans had better songs but the CG is really rough so I can see how visually Lazy Town would be better because it’s mainly puppets with three central non-puppets

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.