[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Reed does science because he wants to learn everything
>Tony does science for practical reasons, to change the world around him and make it better
>Pym does science because... uh, he, like, wants to take it to magic even though actual magic is a thing because... uh... he's curious or whatever
>Doom does science because he's autistic and wants to feel superior and make even bigger UNLIMITED POOOOOWAAAAAAHHHHH grabs
Trying to make Pym relevant will never stop being hilarious to me. He's a chemist who somehow turns into a physicist who then turns into the leading AI authority and then he's got confidence issues because of Iron Man's cool armour and dick. He's a useless nothing character. Tony taking over the engineering/computer/AI stuff, Reed taking over all the weird science and Banner falling into supernatural territory, with Doom being the guy who is crazy enough to do everything at once (and half-ass it because he's too scatterbrained) is a perfect balance. Pym has literally 0 use to anything. The MCU did one thing right, and that was making Tony Ultron's creator. Pym is an utterly useless character, period.
>>
>>144649991
I mean, tbf engineering and computer/AI stuff are way different, I don't think Tony should represent the latter.
>>
Infinity is being polite. He's the "FUCK YOU" scientist.
He got his start because he went "idk, I think maybe one day we'll be able to shrink things," another scientist went "that's retarded" and Pym went "FUCK YOU!" and invented shrinking tech

Then he meets a woman that's the spitting image of his dead wife, so he goes FUCK YOU to fate and this time around gives her the ability to shrink, and does bio-graft shit so she has wings she can grow and shrink at will and is able to shoot bioelectricity. This time around the gal he likes is never going to be unarmed and helpless.

People said he wasn't doing much science after becoming a superhero, so he went "FUCK YOU" and invented the most powerful AI of all time (in hindsight not his best move)

And presumably someone's going "wtf, he just invents shrinking and growing shit, AND powerful AIs, AND hoverbike shit, AND he can do bio-tech nonsense to give someone the ability to grow living wings at will and shoot bio-energy blasts? That's too diverse a science portfolio for one scientist!"

To which he goes FUCK YOU.
>>
>>144649991
>The MCU did one thing right, and that was making Tony Ultron's creator
And they fucked up greatly because at his core, Ultron IS part of Pym and that's how it will always be. Sorry that Iron Man will never have a villain as cool as Ultron but that's how things are.
>>
>>144650064
Wasn't this just Loki in disguise, or so they retcon'd later? Not Infinity at all?
>>
Reed and Stark do science in more sensible ways, building on what came before and taking the next obvious steps. Pym starts with a goofy concept like "I want my girlfriend to be able to fly and shoot lasers out of her fingers" and works backwards from there. But he pulls it off.
In that sense he's sort of "the mage." It's forced, but I can see where it comes from.
>>
>>144650022
to be an engineer in the modern age you pretty much need to be a programmer.
>>
>>144650079
I dunno, The Mandarin has a few solid stories. Haunted was excellent, with him embracing his "let the strongest inherit the world (incidentally I acknowledge that I'm not one of them)" ideology that he'd only paid lip service to in the past.

They should maybe adapt The Mandarin for an Iron Man movie. Just a thought.
>>
>>144650064
>>144650107
Sounds like Pym is a dreamer, he does things for the sheer joy it brings him to materialize whatever his creative mind is imagining at the moment, practical use be damned. It's almost like a childlike-wonder to create.
>>
>>144650147
Pym basically is an idea guy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.