[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GTTwbipWoAAyxNn.jpg (958 KB, 4096x2304)
958 KB
958 KB JPG
Would it be like a better version of 2003?
>>
File: xnfk14urtmab1.jpg (264 KB, 3360x1892)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
Why didn't Naruto call the Turtles for help? Is he stupid?
>>
Once again I feel compelled to remind you guys of the red sky seasons.
>>
>>144651675
Naruto's thing is frogs. He should've had a crossover with the Battletoads.
>>
>>144651666
Nick should take a page from DC and try producing 2 Turtle shows at once; a Mirage-based show or movie line for older fans, and an '87-inspired show for the kids.
>>
>>144651699
The red sky seasons are still set in the 80's universe and besides some visuals don't pull from the comics.
>>
>>144651736
I get that this thread is just another thinly veiled example of 03 fags begging to be taken seriously but just stop with the pretense. pulling form the comics is irrelevant. the question op posed was "what if a tmnt show came out right after batman tas". The red sky seasons are a direct response to the popularity of batman tas. that's your answer.
>>
>>144651666
If it had BTAS production values, and told some of the comic stories more faithfully, yeah.
>>
https://youtu.be/Y_wQ8Xt8GN0?feature=shared
https://youtu.be/EM76I2_4mK8?si=VXU54-WbFenePM6Q
>>
>>144651666
You forget the only reason why Batman TAS was able to get away with half the shit they did was because they were BATMAN in the middle of a massive wave of movie popularity and toy sales, and even then all the grit of TAS got sandpapered off for TNBA and JL/U. Phantom 2040 is pretty much the only cartoon I can think of that actually tried to do the same thing BTAS did, and it got fucked sideways with executive bullshit because they weren't Batman. Most execs just saw the popularity of Batman and went "okay, kids want more superhero shows that aren't Superfriends camp, got it" with no further thought put into it.
The red sky seasons are a perfect example, because all they did was "the same show but edgier, but not too edgy because we still have execs to please" instead of actually emulating what made BTAS notable from the ground up.
>>
>>144651666
Probably, or at the very least we wouldn't have embarrassing characters like Bebop and Rocksteady.
>>
>>144651754
>>144651966
The Marvel cartoons were super censored, they were still based on the comics unlike red sky seasons.
>>
>>144651720
What if TMNT had gotten two shows with different tones at the same time like Sonic?
>>
>>144651962
Kino.
>>
2003 TMNT was already great, and I say that as someone who loves the first two seasons of the original 1987 cartoon
>>
>>144651666
That’s what the red skies season was about, you fucking zoomer.
>>
>>144651736
The Red Skies seasons are exactly what you'd get though. Just coming after BTAS doesn't mean it'd be the same level of quality
David Wise even wrote for BTAS.
BTAS was closer to the comics, but it was effectively a Burton movie tie-in when it got sold. And there just plain wasn't that much in terms of comic material to adapt that would work with the kid's cartoon format AND mesh with the movies.
Even 03 started adapting material from post Volume 1 comics by like Season 3, because there really isn't that much story content in TMNT Vol 1 or Tales Vol 1.
>>
>>144651966
>all the grit of TAS got sandpapered off for TNBA
TNBA added a lot more grit. Batman bled more often, he got shot once, Joker killed people. They just kept getting lucky with their timing.
Gargoyles was Disney's response to Batman and it was great until The Goliath Chronicles.
>>
>>144653217
>seasons
No one cares, old fuck.
>>
>>144653217
>>144653357
Red sky seasons are full of random ocs and the like, if it got a show when 87 didn't exist I doubt they do that and Batman TAS still pretty directly based on the comics.
>>
I'd go for a live action show. Give me the 1990 movie but as a series. No kiddy shit. No pulling punches. We going full Mirage.
>>
>>144653451
BTAS has an OC from the jump (Red Claw) and reworks others to basically be OCs. There's maybe a handful of episodes that are straight comic adaptations despite having 60 years of comics by then. TMNT would have had like 8 years of comics by then, and in terms of story content it wasn't that much.
>>
>>144653486
We also got that. It was The Next Mutation and terrible.
>>
>>144653534
Like I said, no kiddy shit and no pulling punches. Full Mirage. Next Mutation was Power Rangers with a Turtles skin. Kiddy shit.
>>
>UPN

Why do you want it to die so quickly?
>>
>>144653602
There was a massively negative reaction from parents to the dark Mirage elements in the first movie which was why the 2nd and 3rd went full slapstick. The only way you'd get a Mirage-faithful cartoon is if it aired on HBO like Spawn did and that got three five-episodes seasons before it was cancelled for being too expensive.
>>
>>144653623
Who gives a shit bout what parents think? This show wouldn't be for kids.
>>
>>144651675
Naruto is extremely stupid. That's about 70% of his character.
>>
>>144653694
You had your 90s TMNT comics for adults, but no one was going to fund a show like that.
>>
>>144651666
Red Skies seasons tried to ape BTAS and they were still shit, so no.
>>
>>144653602
People who think Mirage isn't full of goofy shit on it's own haven't read Mirage. There's a few dark moments but both Eastman and Laird liked having goofy shit like a superhero rockman who got petrified in the 70's and is stuff in a disco outfit, or Casey going on a mission to find a store's stolen mascot because there's much less crime in Massachusets than NYC.
I rarely see people able to really nail what Mirage's tone is. It's not dark, but it's not parody or straight up humor either. But the go to is saying that it was either-or.
>>
>>144653817
>but no one was going to fund a show like that.
Because they're stupid and out of touch.
>>
>>144653916
Everyone is so used to hearing other idiots parrot that Mirage was dirty and gritty and violent and badass, and it's clear that none of them have ever actually read even just the first few issues, which are maybe the closest thing to that imagined "mature" version of the turtles, but are still nowhere near as deadpan serious and violent and bloody as people imagine they were.
>>
>>144653978
Shades of Gray/City at War were pretty bleak desu. Didn't have any of the ridiculousness or fun of the previous issues.
>>
We really need the IP counter back.
>>
>>144653451
>Batman TAS still pretty directly based on the comics.
lol what?
Batman TAS made up MOST of the stuff we remember about it. Mr Freeze was goofy as shit before TAS; that whole origin with the sick wife was a show original thing.
>>
>>144651666
It most likely be a short lived cult classic show that people barely remember.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.