[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 455.jpg (113 KB, 736x1062)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Twenty years can be an eternity in the comics business, especially for an independent player navigating between the twin titans of Disney-owned Marvel Comics and Warner Bros. Discovery’s DC Entertainment. But Dynamite has thrived by maximizing the opportunities available: scoring a coup by snatching up controversial creator-owned series The Boys when DC’s Wildstorm imprint cut it loose, breathing new life into vintage properties like Space Ghost and Red Sonja, and playing the licensing game so well that the company is able to announce deals for Disney’s Duck Tales and Warner Discovery’s Thundarr the Barbarian at the same time to highlight its San Diego Comic-Con news.

“Our 20th year may end up being our best to date,” said Dynamite founder and CEO Nick Barrucci. “A lot of projects we’ve been working on for years are coming to fruition. Things we started at a licensing show in 2023 will be hitting stores during 2025 and 2026.”

According to the company, Dynamite will be expanding its existing partnership with Disney (Darkwing Duck) to include the fan-favorite Duck Tales, the core Duck title featuring Huey, Dewie and Louie, Uncle Scrooge and the rest of the cast. The title will launch before the end of the year, with the first issue featuring a cover by legendary Disney illustrator Ivan Bigarella. Stories in the duck mythos were the keystone of Disney’s iconic, best-selling comics from the 1940s through the early 1970s, and Dynamite says it hopes to extend the legacy of creators like Carl Barks and Don Rosa in the upcoming series.
>>
File: clean.jpg (852 KB, 1821x2800)
852 KB
852 KB JPG
>>144651692
So, Marvel is not interested in more Scrooge.
>>
>>144651902
tbf outside of that random one-shot the only idea Marvel seems to have for Duck characters is random what-ifs were they are Marvel characters
>>
>>144651692
>the core Duck title featuring Huey, Dewie and Louie, Uncle Scrooge and the rest of the cast
Where is Donald?
>>
>>144652102
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_57AxfDKbg
>>
File: 3dbc1e34_540.jpg (108 KB, 540x405)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>DuckTales
>Not Uncle Scrooge
Hopefully most of the creative team is European at least
>>
>>144651692
I'll give it a shot. I read Darkwing Duck #1 and I didn't like how it was trying to be modern and doing commentary on cell phones or whatever. But I'll give DuckTales a chance.
>>
ok
>>
Fuck off.
>>
Huh... wonder if it'll be reprints or new stories. desu I'm more intrgued by the news of new Thundarr comics.
>>
>>144655444
I'm pretty sure this will be new. Fantagraphics republishes the old stuff.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.