[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>From the publisher that drove Tales from the Crypt, Vault of Horror, Haunt of Fear, and many more into the depraved hearts of an unsuspecting world, the immortal EC COMICS returns with its first BOLD AND BLOODY NEW series in nearly 70 years! In partnership with William M. Gaines Agent, Inc., Oni Press is proud to reveal the complete line-up of "all-killer" writers, artists, and cover artists behind EPITAPHS FROM THE ABYSS #1 – a 40-page testament to terror ushering in the full-scale resurrection of comics' most infamous and influential publishing house…

>In our first extra-sized, 40-page dose of fear, witness shocking tales of torment and tension in the immortal EC tradition—as wrenched from the grave by the vile intentions of acclaimed writers Brian Azzarello (Batman: Damned, 100 Bullets), Chris Condon (That Texas Blood, Night People), J. Holtham (Night Thrasher, Hulu's The Handmaid's Tale), and Stephanie Phillips (Harley Quinn, Grim) and realized into bloody reality by "all-slaughter" artists Jorge Fornes (Rorschach, Danger Street), Phil Hester (Family Tree), Peter Krause (Irredeemable), and Vlad Legostaev (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).
>>
Bump if you're reading.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>144655837
ill give it a read seems Oni and EC and doing a big big right now considering what they have recently annonced
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>144655862
>Stephanie Phillips
>Brian azarello
No thanks
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>144655871
I'm guessing they only have the rights to EC Comics, not any of the characters actually created by the original company
>>
Fuck, I was gonna do this. And make a bunch of horror puns in the intro post.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>144656107

No, they have all the old horror hosts, too. They just wanna do something new.
>>
>>
>>
>>144656011
read the first two then and skip the later ones
>>
>>
>>144656166

The fuck? Family Values is the best story here.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And that's it. If you liked this, support your LCS or whatever.
>>
A solid enough start. And certainly better than that Papercutz version from years ago.

But seriously OP, fuck you for beating me to this.
>>
It was ok, I like the Grave Digger himself but the stories were mid.
>>
>>144656177
but the anon hated Stepphihe Phillips so he complained about it
>>
>>144656259

We're also getting two other hosts, the Grim Inquisitor and the Tormentor.

>>144656292

Well, that whats nice about not knowing who any of these people are. I can judge the stories on their own.
>>
File: ec.png (1.08 MB, 1024x576)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>144656308
>>
Some of these seem really fast paced.
>>
>>144656236
sowwy
I'll do it again
>>
>>144656481

The fuck you will. I call dibs on Cruel Universe.
>>
>>144656491
okay but make sure you put "EC Comics" in the subject field
>>
>>144656553

Fine.
>>
This was pretty fucking lame
>>
>>144655854
I'm reading.
>>
Is 4 stories too much/too fast paced? Cut it down to 3 per issue?
Also, were they usually this political in the classic issues?
>>
>>144658404

Its only this many stores because its issue 1. The normal count for the next 11 will be 3 stories.

And yes they were. They always touched on topical issues.
>>
These were pretty weak, some had a decent setup, but they all lacked a strong impactful ending.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.