[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Lee X-Men.jpg (995 KB, 2033x1517)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
I stopped reading X-Men comics decades ago.

What the fuck happened to these comics? I don't understand. I really don't. I used to watch the old 90s show on reruns, Evolution and I read the comics from the late 90s and early 00s. But now it looks like a totally different comic.
>>
>>144656033
That's because it is and it has been for 2 decades now
>>
>>144656033
>. But now it looks like a totally different comic.
This is how X-men looked like 24 years before the image in your OP, are you amazed that it looks different 34 years later?
>>
>>144656033
The X-Men have never been more iconic then then.
And I just realized that Lee low key wanted Jubilee to be smoking in that pic.
>>
>>144656033
Because it’s been 20 years dumbass.
Did X-Men 1995 comics look the same as 1975 comics? Of course not.
>>
>>144656163
>This is how X-men looked like 24 years before the image in your OP,
Untrue, that picture is from the 1994 Marvel Handbook so that's actually later than the OP pic. You couldn't find an actual silver age picture ?
>>
>>144656033
go back to sleep grandpa, you're too old to browse 4chan
>>
>>144656033
Jim Lee X-Men were peak. Current X-men suck ass, just a bunch of sad sacks crying.
>>
>>144656294
Look at Beast's hand. They're all designed to be smoking. It was the 1990s, smoking was still how you showed a character was cool. It's weird because in the 2020s, smoking just says you're a smelly trash person who doesn't deserve love because you don't even love yourself. But Zyns are OK. Does any hero pop Zyns?
>>
>>144656589
The average user of this board are in their 40s. It gets worse on other boards. Haven't you ever noticed that the "I shouldn't share these pics" threads on /b/ are mostly middle aged women?
>>
>>144656033
Currently?

Writers no longer care about the comics. There's a clique of "friends of certain corpo directors" and unfireable dinosaurs like Slott and Brevoort whose only interest is jobbing on the company's dime.

Editorial has also completely forgotten the basics of art and deadlines, and hires cheap thirld worlders who draw ultra detailed digital slop that only looks good as pin ups. These penciller-colorists can't keep up with the publishing pacing at all, leading to all art looking like polished turds.

In short, Marvel has become an IP farm, and all established IPs exists to try out new character designs.
Disney doesn't care about this because to them it's all about the movies.
>>
i bought the uncanny x-force omni
that comes out next week
it's from 2010

and there's an x-factor omni from the 90's i'm really interested coming out in like september
but it's all a waste of time

if you really care jus read them online
>>
>>144657010
>Editorial has also completely forgotten the basics of art and deadlines
are delays and deadlines really an issue now? seems like it was peak in the 90's and 2000's from the Image crowd and superstar 2000's artists.
I can't think of anyone in that era who was a superstar AND had as much work as Dan Mora. Maybe Bagley? Ivan Reis?
>>
>>144657010
Go to bed grampa
>>
>>144656033
so sometime in the late 2000s the minority the X-Men "represent" became alt-right faggots, and that's how they ended up with a series of failed states and an all-villain team
>>
>>144657316
Other way around. All the fans of X-men are so damn radical leftist they'd make the most hysterical Green Arrow portrayal blush with envy
>>
>>144657316
>>144657394
Which way schizo man
>>
>>144656928
No, I was a hardcore smoker and even rolled my own made with a special blend of flavored tobacco that I cultivated myself and kept a special ciagrette case and personalized zippo...
Damn I miss smoking....
Anyway
That doesn't look like he's smoking or is supposed to have a cig in his hand.
Jubilation litterally looks like she has a cig in her mouth.
>>
>>144657394
>>144657316
You're desperately trying to make this political and tied to current day obvious political circus

But they were litterally just civil rights for(insert race here)activits/jews trying to fit in with the whites. That's really it.

The faggot shit came from Singer and it's been downhill as fuck from there.
It's like they popped the lid off of the worst shit claremont wanted and did and just started throwign it around like coke at a rich yuppies 80's house party.
It's horrible.
>>
>>144657466
Modern day fans are the ones overly interested in the idpol shit.
>>144657612
For what it's worth, the current X-men are so far up their anuses and pushed away from the message of trying to work for a future where everyone is treated equally, that the only ones who really enjoy it are the people that unironically think black people need to be separated from whites for their own safety. In other words, the kind of radical leftists other leftists think are fucking crazy, which I have to imagine are few in number.
>>
>>144656423
I'm still on desktop so google images is full of 4chan unfriendly webp. I could save it otherwise but
>effort
>>
>>144657690
What modern fans?
>>
>>144657815
The ones Marvel claims exist on twitter
>>
The X-Men gave up and became villains in the 2010s
>>
>>144656320
>Did X-Men 1995 comics look the same as 1975 comics? Of course not.
Uhh, kinda, yeah? You still had the same basic lineup Their mission was still the same, and they were still very clearly Superheroes first and foremost. Current X-men are literally Inhumans now.
>>
>>144656033
>Hey guys, why isn't my comfy ol' memory of this one comic I read a couple issues of four decades ago not exactly what is looks like now, like?? Are you telling me time moved on without me? That things change? I'm really trying to stoke some outrage here so please play along. I just think things should stay however they were when I was personally 11 years old, whether I have an active interest in them or not, le sigh...
>>
File: sssssssssmokin.jpg (105 KB, 335x289)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>144657545
There is nothing that compares to the smell of a fresh pack of cigarettes.
>>
>>144658281
bad girl jubes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.