[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: WOTCfull.jpg (222 KB, 1080x1080)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
IDW and Boom took the L

>Dark Horse Comics and Hasbro's Wizards of the Coast announce an exciting new publishing line beginning in 2025, with comics and graphic novels expanding the worlds of DUNGEONS & DRAGONS and MAGIC: THE GATHERING! The officially licensed publishing program will feature original stories based on the popular fantasy roleplaying and trading card games. The first of these series will debut in summer 2025.

>Dark Horse Comics first collaborated with Wizards of the Coast for MAGIC: THE GATHERING tie-in comics in the late '90s with MAGIC: THE GATHERING: Gerrard's Quest and has more recently collaborated for the Stranger Things and DUNGEONS & DRAGONS miniseries. In this new era of MAGIC: THE GATHERING and DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, fans can expect comic series, graphic novels, art books and more. Stay tuned for more news and announcements to follow!

>"If you'd told my 12-year-old self I'd get to work with incredible writers and artists to craft comics for DUNGEONS & DRAGONS and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, alongside such thoughtful and creative stewards of these licenses, I wouldn't have believed you," said senior editor Spencer Cushing. "The opportunity to work with Wizards of the Coast is a dream come true."

>"Having the opportunity to work with the Wizards of the Coast team on both DUNGEONS & DRAGONS and MAGIC: THE GATHERING is one of the most exciting opportunities I’ve had professionally,” added editor Brett Israel. "As an avid player and fan of the various stories and planes of these two iconic games, I cannot wait to work with many highly-skilled creators on growing these universes."
>>
>"DUNGEONS & DRAGONS and MAGIC: THE GATHERING are two legendary games with incredibly strong fandoms and world-building gameplay," said Marianne James, Senior Vice President, Licensed Consumer Products at Hasbro. "We are dedicated to expanding these universes through unique brand-offerings and world-class partnerships, ultimately bringing players and fans alike new, exciting ways to engage with these iconic franchise brands. From this licensed publishing program with Dark Horse Comics, we anticipate a lot of excitement to come with new artwork and creative storytelling."

>"We’re so excited to be teaming up with the incredible creatives at Dark Horse to invite fans and newcomers alike into the iconic fantasy world that has defined Magic: The Gathering for the past 30 years, told through a fresh new lens," said Jackie Jones, Vice President of Creative, Magic: The Gathering. "Each series will feature epic, high-stakes stories across Magic’s visually stunning, diverse multiverse, told through the eyes of our most iconic, complex, and compelling heroes and anti-heroes - giving readers the opportunity to experience what makes Magic so unique and awesome."

>"This collaboration is akin to forging a legendary magical item! Dark Horse is just so awesome at bringing fantastical worlds to life on the page," said Jess Lanzillo, vice president of franchise and product for Dungeons & Dragons. "With D&D's vast, imaginative realms and 50 years of thrilling adventure as their canvas, I'm excited to see what will unfold. This collaboration feels like the start of something truly special."

>Stay tuned for more news on upcoming DUNGEONS & DRAGONS and MAGIC: THE GATHERING projects in the near future!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/4157/dark-horse-and-wizards-of-the-coast-team-up-for-a
>>
>>144656442
>>144656434
Hasbro/WOTC are the ones who made the Black Aragorn shit so why act like this will change anything?
>>
This just leaves MLP as the last Hasbro thing IDW has right?
>>
>>144656434
>MTG storyline goes full retard
>they hit the "delete most planeswalkers" button
>except that button was apparently also the "multiverse bullshit" button
>now every single set has "hey remember this popular character" no longer limited to planeswalkers
>every other set is a "nostalgia" set for a plane last seen three years ago or a top-down gimmick set
it's all so tiresome
>>
File: IMG_3938.jpg (170 KB, 997x1059)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
There is zero chance the D&D comic will be better than Fell’s Five, so I don’t know why they would even bother.
>>
>>144656434
Not another critical role series please...
>>
>>144656741
Don't Dark Horse already have the rights for CR comics
>>
>>144656487
They'll put alt art staples in with each issue. BTW, most people who stopped playing don't care about the woke stuff.
>>
>>144656558
They've been pandering exclusively to edh players since WAR. I miss fnm and big events with my friends. It's supposed to be Magic: THE GATHERING.
>>
>>144656838
Sorry, Arena and EDH are their two pillars of income now, you've been replaced chud.
>>
>>144656434
Isn't DnD and MtG just capeshit versions of Lord of the Rings?
>>
File: Aragorn.png (535 KB, 752x523)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
>>144656487
>Hasbro/WOTC are the ones who made the Black Aragorn shit
No, LotR told them to make black Aragorn.
You act as though WotC held a gun to the LotR people to make black Aragron, or that they somehow snuck it past the LotR people.
Besides, I don't understand all the butthurt black Aragorn generated. It's not the first time Aragorn wasn't white.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.