[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mousecucks.png (950 KB, 791x600)
950 KB
950 KB PNG
>M*rvel comics now have physical DRM, requiring you to scan the last page with an app in order to view it online
You think this'll be the move that finally defeats the competition? The guys at Shonen Jump must be seething they didn't think of it first.

Mousecucks REALLY eat this up and beg for more. Has there ever been a more docile group of consumer cattle than Mouseketeers?
>>
You're trying way, way too hard.
>>
>>144659440
>M*rvel
Kill yourself
>>
Attention Shills, respond to this or fuck off.

>Benefits
None
>Drawbacks
Potentially inaccessible
Sets a precedent for more potentially inaccessible art or pages
Big dumb QR code in your floppy

If you can't add a benefit here, stop making out like there aren't valid complaints. This is an objective downgrade to just printing the damned page.
>>
>>144659552
>stop making out like there aren't valid complaints
lol
>>
>>144659552
>Potentially inaccessible
wdym?
>>
>>144659668
URLs aren't persistent
>>
WSJ thought of that...and realized that it's fucking silly because their slop actually sells unlike the MCU sidejob
>>
>>144659440
I think It'll last a few months but will go away because it's really stupid
>>
File: 1623109978729.png (556 KB, 671x873)
556 KB
556 KB PNG
>>144659440
>Pay $5 for an incomplete product you have to take extra steps to consume
Oh yeah, that's gonna go over real well.
>>
>it's some silhouettes saying all according to keikaku, buy the next crossover on an additonal page above the standard count
who cares
>>
>>144659668
One you should be able to use physical media regardless of internet connection. Maybe you're deployed, maybe there's a power outage.

Two literally any corporation will only bother to host web services for two decades at max because why the fuck would you waste money hosting images after sales slowed? I can't purchase games on my 3DS or play The Crew, but I can read a book that was printed in the 80s without arbitrary missing pages.
>>
>>144660385
>maybe there's a power outage.
You're doing great. Really making the case here.
>>
>>144659440
>I think companies actually care about the competition these days.
>>
>>144659440
Marvel did something back in 2010
They used QR codes as advertisements for the crossover event Age of X
They were in every book released that week instead of specific issues, and there were 5 in total

14 years later and the pages those QR codes no longer work because Marvel didn't maintain them
http://www.mylatestdistraction.com/?p=5956
>>
>>144660256
If it's so unimportant, why not just throw it in the book?
>>
>>144659440
Marveldrones truly have no soul, they will defend anything Marvel does.
>>
>>144660480
All those advertisements lost, like tears in the rain. And people say it's no big deal.
>>
File: IMG_0325.jpg (52 KB, 344x342)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>144659440
If I buy 6 issues of say Ultimate Black Panther, I paid a premium to get the same story I could have trade waited and bought for 20$

Titles that don’t sell monthly floppies get cancelled, so trade waiting is bad for creators and titles

Why tf am I paying 10$ more than the trade waiters and presuming the QR business spreads like a cancer to other books, getting less content?
>>
>>144660593
They read Marvel in the first place, the magazine that has occasionally released a good book every decade since their legendary run in the mid-60s.
>>
>>144659440
>Mousecucks REALLY eat this up and beg for more. Has there ever been a more docile group of consumer cattle than Mouseketeers?
Nobody buys this, especially Disney fans.
>>
Jujutsu Kaisen sisters, we are about to be dethroned,,,,

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.