[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: TheOnes-SWE.png (938 KB, 1050x700)
938 KB
938 KB PNG
Clone Wars was pretty good overall but this shit was so stupid that The Acolyte seems like a good show. There was a massive outcry when episode 1 mentioned midichlorians and the force. Yet these fuckfaces are considered canon and they're way more retarded than the idea of midichlorians.
>>
I agree that they're stupid but if you kind of tweak how you think about them I find it's not as bad. You can see them as incredibly powerful and ancient beings that can connect to the force in a way most Jedi can't but are in no way a manifestation of the will of the force itself, they just seem like that from the perspective of Jedi. So demigods in name only, not actual personifications of the force.
>>
>>144659519
agreed. yet another stain filoni wars added to SW.
>>
And they were good friends.
>>
>>144659767
They were absolutely a concept from Lucas, the behind the scenes stuff is pretty clear about this
>>
>>144659819
Just because an idea comes from the head honcho doesn't mean it can't be a fucking stupid idea. He also threw away all his ideas about lightsabers just because Jackson wanted a purple one and let other people figure out the lore for that.
>>
>>144659974
Not defending the quality of the idea, just clarifying that it wasn't a Filoni addition
>>
What exactly was wrong with it?
>>
>>144660009
Have you seen the show? It's very out of place even for a story about space wizards.
>>
>>144660009
Generally speaking, many find that the more you try to define what the force actually is and how it operates the less interesting and magical it becomes. From midichloreans to the Mortis stuff, it's putting a face or a quantifiable thing onto something that is at its best when it's not even fully understood by masters.
>>
File: 12642200.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>144660083
>the more you try to define what the force actually is and how it operates the less interesting and magical it becomes
So the force can't have any established rules, but dyke witches are bad because they break the force's established rules. ok
>>
>>144659767
It's ridiculous how they make lore about everything
>are you an angel? T: Ani
>uh oh, let's make a fucking angel species that he was actually referring to instead of letting it be a small insignificant part of dialogue
>>
>>144659519
Adding Abeloth just made it even dumber later on. Namely, why tf did Plagueis and Sidious not just detect Abeloth and use her planet for immortality
>>
>>144660151
Dyke witches are just bad all around.
>>
>>144660151
Why are you assuming I share that opinion? I think the witches in Acolyte were totally fine and only made the idea of the force and its worship more interesting.
>>
>>144660151
there's a difference between showing another group with their unique interpretation of the force and saying okay you have this many special cells so that means you're gonna be this powerful. I think lots of fans are too precious about canon and could probably stand to chill out
>>
File: luke-green-lightsaber.jpg (10 KB, 480x240)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>144659974
>threw away all his ideas about lightsabers
What ideas? Lucas made Luke's lightsaber green to show up better against the blue sky.
Any in-universe explanation for the different colors is from other people.
>>
>>144660151
Trying to use the force to create life supernaturally is literally the work of Star Wars' main antagonist and his mentor who taught him how to be evil lol. Going against the natural order has always been considered bad use of the force in-setting. Using the force as a surrogate is even considered abominable
>>
File: luke scubawalker.png (2.72 MB, 1799x937)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB PNG
>>144659819
Luke wearing a scuba mask and light sabers looking like flashlights were also concepts from Lucas but they were changed during the design process and for good reason.

So I have no idea what stupid fucking point you're trying to make by saying "They pulled this dingleberry out of Lucas' asshole so its fine"

You can evaluate things on their own merits, you know.
>>
File: charlol.jpg (31 KB, 600x600)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>144659519
>Clone Wars was pretty good
False premise, Filonicuck detected, thread discarded.
>>
>>144660345
Again, as stated here >>144659991 I do not think the idea was good either, I was just saying it wasn't a Filoni choice.
>>
>>144660468
What you're saying is only relevant if Filoni directly translated Lucas' concept from his notes to the screen, but that's clearly not what happened.

These characters were painstakingly conceptualized, designed, proofed and animated by Filoni and his team. Stop trying to paint him as some bystander. These characters are his. He owns them and he owns how stupid they are in the context of the larger setting.

Why are you trying so hard to deflect for Filoni? Are you just THAT mad at Lucas that you want to implicate him in this August Derleth-tier bullshit?
>>
>>144660312
Good guys use green and blue, bad guys red. That's how it was in Georgios head until Jackson told him niggas like purple.
>>
>>144660606
It's not like adding purple was throwing any of that away.
Having a Jedi with a purple lightsaber isn't contradicting it, we have no reason to believe it would be either Jedi or Sith in particular. It's not changing anything, just adding to it.
>>
>>144659653
>You can see them as incredibly powerful and ancient beings
That's literally what they are. In no way was it ever implied that they were manifestations. They're mortal beings who simply learned more about the force than any other lifeform in the universe and used the force to prolong their lifespans and achieved immense power. The only ones who trumped them are the Force Priestesses, and subsequentially, anyone who else learned to join with the cosmic force to prolong their existence permanently (I.E., Qui-gon Jinn, Obi-wan Kenobi, Yoda, Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker).

>There was a massive outcry when episode 1 mentioned midichlorians and the force
From a bunch of pissed off, overly vocal, Gen-Xers because Star Wars wasn't meeting their expectations because they weren't the target demographic anymore. Their opinions don't matter. They're an ever shrinking minority.

>>144660317
>Trying to use the force to create life supernaturally is literally the work of Star Wars' main antagonist and his mentor who taught him how to be evil
But they didn't do that though. The Force created Anakin, not Sheev or (not)Plagueis. Anakin is an immaculate conception the Force put into the universe because it knew what Sheev was up to and what he was going to unleash on the universe, so it released an antibody to fight the infection.
>>
>>144660178
doesn't Anakin specifically mention the moons of Iego in the movie?
>>
>>144660199
Abeloth actually predates the Ones by a couple years, funnily.
>>
>>144659519
Yeah I never liked this shit
>>
Trying to turn the force into some fucked up misunderstanding of taoism was one of the worst star wars decsions.
Korra did a similar fuck up
Taoism is not a balance of good and evil jfc
>>
>>144659653
fpbp

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.