[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Promo.jpg (51 KB, 680x1000)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Thoughts on "The Flash" (1990)?
>>
>>144659830
It alright
>>
We lost out on a Daredevil show because of it.
>>
Televisual Kïnôgråphîē
>>
>>144659830
Giving Barry a brother to kill for his origin my moment is way better then the John's bullshit of retconning his mother's death
>>
>>144659830
>Final episode is about a wacky villain played by Mark Hamill gaining an unwanted zany female fangirl sidekick
>Year later, Bruce Timm "creates" Harley Quinn as unwanted zany sidekick to wacky villain voiced by Mark Hamill
>>
>>144659830
I like it. It was my introduction to Flash, as I wasn't a DC guy.

>>144659965
Really unnecessary, but definitely less bad.
>>
>>144659830
One of the best live action superhero shows.
>>
I like albino hitman with nuclear-powered freeze ray Captain Cold.
>>
>>144659830
i think i watched the movie version or something
>>
>>144659830
Is it at least fun to watch like The Room?
>>
As a lad, can't stress enough how it felt cinematic and sort of prestige as compared to most of the garbage on tv. The Elfman score, the stylized noir trappings.
>>
>>144661590
no ones ever said it was so bad its good. and the room isnt even that its just a weird film that got some attention.
>>
>>144661577
Probably the pilot, it played on tv as a movie.

>>144661562
Looks like Steve Martin
>>
>>144661619
>Probably the pilot
i wouldnt know but i do remember watching it on vhs and there was something deeply charming about it as a kid.
and to your other comment about steve martin, looks more like the guy from jacobs ladder and shawshank with white hair. could be me though
>>
File: Det Munch.jpg (6 KB, 257x196)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>It's a Homicide, Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, The X-Files, The Beat, Arrested Development, The Wire, 30 Rock, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, American Dad, Sesame Street crossover episode
>>
>>144661673
He wasn't playing Munch there, though.
>>
I just find it odd that it exists in the first place.

A big-budget TV show based on The Flash in 1990? Was he even considered an A-Lister back then?
>>
>>144662509
>Was he even considered an A-Lister back then?

Yes. Everybody is aware of the Flash.
>>
>>144659830
I always thought that the Gray Ghost episode from Batman TAS was a ripoff of a similar episode on this show
>>
>>144661673
Lois & Clark, too
>>
a solid action show from the era. It captures the feeling of Batman 89 and Robocop - not necessarily satirical but has a tone that's not realistic but not campy.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.