[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Fuck animu shit
>Fuck lorefaggotary
>Fuck melodrama crap
>Fuck quirky unfunny protagonists
>Fuck Im-too-edgy-for-you villains
>Fuck continuity nonsense.
>Fuck everything the majority of modern cartoons have now these days.

I want cartoons with wacky settings, creative designs, unique characters, funny humor, and all of that shit back in the old days. Why don't they make those as much as they used too?
>>
>Why don't they make those as much as they used too?
Cause every time one gets made it bombs hard.
>>
They still do, but I feel if I tell you of any you'll hit me with "but that one sucks"
>>
>>144661118
He said no melodrama, continuity or quirky unfunny protagonists
>>
File: kiff.jpg (178 KB, 680x510)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>144661085
They still exist, you’re just picky about those as well
>>
>Spongebob's still on
>TTG's still on
>Both are still aired a lot

They still exist and the networks actually prefer rerunning them. All the things you listed just get more discussion and louder online fandoms because all of that inherently leads more discussion on the series other than "I wonder what haha thing Spongebob did this weak" that mostly just leads to a funny meme or two.

Even back in the day there was far more Avatar discussion than the other shows around it.
>>
File: Jellystone.jpg (11 KB, 300x168)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>144661118
>every time one gets made it bombs hard.
I don't know, Jellystone is pretty successful and even got tons of fans.
>>
>>144661152
goddamn people have began turning on this show after years of fellating it as a step up from Foster's
>>
>>144661436
>networks actually prefer rerunning them
More like they like running one of them. Why invest in multiple shows like that when they can use a single show as a powerhouse.
Idk if Loudhouse has any of the shit OP mentions, but I know it was as successful as Spongebob.
>>
>>144661085
Because the animation industry is now run by the same weeboos and/or 90sfags that bitched and whined on how cartoons were "stupid and lame" compared to the ones they saw during the 90s and nothing like their own animu shit that they worship as the superior animation. If you have been in the internet since the late 2000s, you would understand how common these folks were on Youtube and Deviantart. Flash forward to the next decade, many of them are now working for the industry and are putting the exact stuff they wanted cartoons to have in order to "fix" them. In reality, all they did was make some of them even more unwatchable than the same cartoons they complained about many years ago.
>>
>>144662388
Only people shitting in fosters are spergs who can’t get over bendy or any of the other mean spirited humor that fosters was kino for. Same thing with the clown getting beat up in PPG McCracken used to have some bite to him and that died with Wonder I think
>>
>>144661085
Shows like that currently airing:
>SpongeBob
>The Patrick Show
>Rock, Paper, Scissors
>The Loud House
>Kiff
>Big City Greens
>Hamster and Gretel
>Teen Titans Go!
>Jellystone
>Aqua Teen reboot
>YOLO
>Smiling Friends

And if you can get past continuity there's more. Shows should have continuity by the way, in streaming era there's no reason why every episode should reset completely it pisses me off.
>>
>>144662908
It's aged really poorly even forgetting Bendy and the "mean-spirited" aspects entirely. It's genuinely kind of hard to watch today, very much a product of its time. I have no issue with PPG and find that clown episode hilarious for the record, Fosters just genuinely doesn't feel very funny anymore.
>>
>>144662908
it seems like Craig at some point began to heavily push back against the concept of mean spirited humor because Wander has next to none of it. Meanest episode I can think of was the Black Cube of Darkness ep but that even that ended with heccin good moral ending. He's also allegedly stated that he regrets having the PPG beat up on the clown even after he had reformed and wouldn't do that now, and I imagine it's why he decided to do a pre-school Foster's spinoff. Really isn't giving me much hope for the PPG reboot. Some creators come back to an old work later on and completely misunderstand what made it so good. I'm sure it'll be better than PPG '16 by default of actually having some of the old people and creator involved but i dont have my hopes high
>>
>>144663085
>>144663096
I kinda wonder what the hell is with McCracken adding forced cynicism in his works. Even by 90s/2000s standards, they just feel less funny and more cringeworthy at best. As much as dislike toxic positivity that is now common in cartoons these days, the "fuck you" type of humor in his shows are much more grating to sit through than most adult cartoons.
>>
>>144663415
to be honest i'd argue PPG didn't really have that much of it, especially not compared to Foster's. I'd argue the kicks in cynicism/meanness at times was integral to PPG's comedy and over all vibe. It felt much more dissonant with Foster's considering how much more whimsical the show appears, and even the pilot movie set the tone up as such, only to immediately whiplash afterward and double down with each season.
>>
>>144661085
Because people like to make new things but are also retarded and can't make new things or the golden age type stuff
>>
File: 1721947728401173.png (453 KB, 627x467)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
>No, not like that!
>>
>>144661085
Because soulless millennial faggots like you don't know how to write shit
>>
>>144663617
I'm sorry, but the weird shit during mid-season of the Loud House felt downright forced and almost like the writers are desperate at trying to make it over compete against Spongebob as much as possible. It just feel so in your face that I temporarily stopped watching it.
>>
>>144663704
Yeah, I think it recovered from that somewhat in newer seasons. I agree 4 and 5 weren't great.
>>
>>144663478
This is the reason why I didn't bother to watch the later episodes. The cartoon got way too overboard with the rumor to the point it hardly look anything like the show that it once was.
>>
>>144661193
>Fuck quirky unfunny protagonists
>I want[...] funny humor
>>
>>144663617
Good luck convincing this board to put aside their hate boner for LH for one second
>>
>>144662388
No this show has flaws like it being too repetitive and Wander being annoying to watch cause he has no growth cause he’s supposed to be perfect.
>>
>>144662346
Proof?
>>
>>144665598
Search up Jellystone on Youtube and you'll see some good reviews about it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.