[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I would unironically read a Colonial Man comic.
Why doesn't this whiny faggot just go ahead and make it?
>>
>>144661216
Because then he would have a successful comic and wouldn’t have anything to whine about
>>
>>144661216
>Why doesn't this whiny faggot just go ahead and make it?
Because it already exists.
But it's made by a Jap so I'm sure he'd find a good reason to bitch.
>>
File: kenichismith.png (1.07 MB, 902x681)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>144661216
Colonial Man already exists.
His name is Kenichi Smith: American Ninja.
He is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Q7o1yc5J0
>>
Why not just make an Asian superhero? Or try to make one who already exists more prominent?
>>
File: 1715970382143874.png (52 KB, 275x183)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>colonialism le bad
>Blacks would've dominated pop culture all by themselves had they not been brought to America
>Asians would've dominated technology by themselves if whites didn't teach them to code
>Pajeets could've totally made a space program without white people's help
What a bunch of ungrateful poopskins
>>
>>144661216
this guy is eurasiantiger alter ego, isn't he?
>>
>>144661567
>>Blacks would've dominated pop culture all by themselves had they not been brought to America
That's a bad thing, black American culture sucks ass, fuck you, send me back to Africa.
>>
>>144661216
I'm a minority and this guy makes me cringe hard. faggots like him make it difficult for the rest of us to be taken seriously.
>>
>>144661216
Because he's full of too much spite to have a truly fun take, also it might technically be against what he actually believes since it'd involve him having Old White Masters who teach him how to be superpowerful.
>>
>>144661286
Awesome. As a Texan we accept him.
>>
>>144661567
>>Asians would've dominated technology by themselves if whites didn't teach them to code
>implying that mongoloids are good coders
lol have you played any of Miyazaki's games?
>>
>>144661747
>lol have you played any of Miyazaki's games?
Yes, ACVI is pretty well-made and runs smooth as butter.
Not sure what happened with Elden Ring considering it runs on the same engine, must not work well with open world shit.
>>
File: 1533577890538.jpg (32 KB, 274x266)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
KONNICHIWA DUDE
>>
>>144661783
>Yes, ACVI is pretty well-made and runs smooth as butter.
>Not sure what happened with Elden Ring considering it runs on the same engine, must not work well with open world shit.
are you serious? Soulsbornes are infamous for their technical issues.
The engine doesn't support fucking deltatiming
>>
File: amigos.jpg (41 KB, 416x315)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>144661567
Latinos are unironically the only good ones.
>>
>>144661567
The Trans Atlantic Slave Trade was probably one of the worst things to happen in modernity. Like, even white supremacists think it was bad. I don't think there's a significant group out there who actually thought it was a good thing.
>>
>>144661889
>t. juan
>>
>>144661495
It'll be nice if more cape settings make more charaters from other countries. I always found it weird how it seems like every other superhero came from the U.S. Granted, the U.S is a big nation, but you would think China and India would be full of superheros.
>>
>>144661216
How does this guy explain the immense international popularity of anime despite being produced by Asians, and most of them having an explicitly Japanese person as the lead character if not the entire cast?
>>
File: InlEcnt.jpg (116 KB, 1548x445)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>144661286
Anyone else reminded of pic related? This may have been originally intended to take the piss out of weeaboos, but I'd like to reframe it as a tribute to Kenichi Smith: American Ninja.
>>
File: rtwrtertrewt.jpg (95 KB, 690x558)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>144661216
hell yeah, brotherhood of the wolf comic.
>>
File: SamuraiCruise.png (992 KB, 545x744)
992 KB
992 KB PNG
>>144661567
Him and Samurai John Cruise would be best friends. Imagine a world where Colonial Man and Nathan Algren regularly team up to stop evil across the globe.
>>
>>144661216
This sounds like a legit cool idea that could be done seriously or tongue-in-cheek. He should draw it!
The other guy I assume is his brother John?
>>
>>144661216
I'm surprised this hasn't happened at Marvel yet. Not quite Colonial Man but someone from another culture becoming an American themed hero. Although that's what All-Might is and MHA seemed to be popular for a minute.
>>
>>144661495
They made a Shang-Chi movie and it was really good.
>>
>>144661286
>Be the American Japan thinks Americans are.
>>
>>144662052
>Samurai Tom Cruise
>Colonial Takeshi Kitano
>reverse Shanghai Noon played seriously
Take my money already
>>
Yeah wow wouldn't it be crazy if they took a white character and made him black. Sure am glad that never happens.
>>
>>144662460
>They made a Shang-Chi movie and it was really good.
Yeah, no
>>
>>144661216
It's funny this guy thought people would be offended at the idea of an asian guy pretending to be white for a superhero when there's really nothing egregious about it, people like when their culture is treated as cool and special
I actually, independently from this strip, had an idea for a comic that is basically an unassuming, non-confrontational asian american guy getting possessed by the ghost of a viking via a sword in his attic and living a double life as a superhero with the powers of both a ghost and a viking, and he stalks the night dispensing justice against criminals with his dual axes while going through walls and poltergeisting and shit. I call him the White Wight
also it's fucking hilarious this guy is so pudgy and round faced and he always draws himself a gigachad
>>
>>144661993
He doesn't. It interferes with his narrative. If I had to come up with an argument for him, I'd say the modern japanese style is derived from western traditions, and generally tends to draw characters with features more associated with westerners like fair skin and large eyes.
>>
>>144661216
only i don't get the point of this? is this supposed to be representative of current events but race-swapped? when did whites race-swap an asian colonizer? when did asians have a shortage of representation when there are literally statistically more animes than cartoons, and 99% of them feature specifically asian characters but with the look of caucasians appropriated? i looked up this "Iron Fist" thing and it's just a white guy doing kung fu... so by that logic how about you yellow faggots stop using everything in the top image made by whites? how about you stop using computers and the internet to make such shitty internet drama comics, since those were invented by whites? why are most of the asians at the bottom drawn with light hair, when light hair is genetically caucasian AND hair dye was also invented by whites?
>>
>>144662460
No it wasn't, it felt like it should've either been the journey to the Mandarin or the journey to ShangriLa but it was neither. It felt like the underwhelming first acts of two different movies
>>
>>144661216
Anyway the original Iron Fist comics were good, the Fraction-era Iron Fist comics were good, the TV show was shit, and "they should make him Asian, it's racist not to!" shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what made the character actually work.
And the Netflix series also showed a fundamental misunderstanding of what made the character actually work.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.