[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What if the mask was actually adapted just like in the comics?
>>
>>144661588
Gorehound kino, but this question isn't suited for /co/.
>>
>>144661624
>but this question isn't suited for /co/.
Discussion about live action films based on /co/ media are allowed on /co/...
>>
>>144661588

It wouldn't have the following it has now. They even had to take out the Tommy Gun scene because they wanted to appeal to a more broader audience at the time of it's inception.
>>
>>144661588
it would be something he regretted and kinda forgotten like spawn but a big cult following and never a shitty sequel
>>
>>144661846
>They even had to take out the Tommy Gun scene
Am I not remembering the movie correctly? I swear they did have a Tommy Gun scene where Jim Carrey used it against a bunch of street hoodlums. I think he just used it to scare them though, not fatally like in the comic.
>>
File: 60 - Mask (3).jpg (44 KB, 717x758)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>144661588
I remember reading somewhere that they considered the idea of making Big Head's face using traditional animation.By the way, yYou can also find one of the first scripts for the movie online.
>>144661848
New Line Cinema originally wanted to turn him into the new Freddy Krueger, so I imagine they would have given at least a sequel to the original version.
>>
>>144661588
Better than what we got
>>
>>144662361
Nah, The Mask was great. Tons of fun and Carrey was just perfect in it.
>>
>>144662015
>New Line Cinema originally wanted to turn him into the new Freddy Krueger,

I guess it would be kind of neat if The Mask became a series of increasingly terrible minor horror films and we'd have like The Mask VIII coming out now.
>>
>>144661846
It's in the movie.
>>
I would like a mid budget and well done cartoon movie about big head as he is in the comics
>>
>>144661846
>They even had to take out the Tommy Gun scene because they wanted to appeal to a more broader audience at the time of it's inception.
You need to rewatch the movie.
>>
>>144661588
It would've been too violent for a PG-13 and which character does Jim Carrey play: Stanley Ipkiss or Lieutenant Kellaway? And how does an audience take a story that changes main characters halfway through?
>>
It becomes a horror franchise they milk for years; we'd probably be two reboots deep by now.
>>
>>144661846
Son of the mask killed the Franchise, and not having the cartoon back as Adult Swim material made it worse
>>
File: bobby-hill.gif (847 KB, 265x200)
847 KB
847 KB GIF
>>144662853
Shut up, Boco
>>
>>144662955

Hey, I'm not saying it'd be a GOOD thing.
>>
>>144661588
This is what a modern reboot of Nightmare on Elm Street would be like in an ideal world
>>
>>144661999
And it did keep the scene where Big Head fucks up the crooked car mechanics, except the movie has them survive it.
>>
Funny enough, the Cuban Pete scene was in the script from day one, when it was still horror.
>>
every single god damn time I am reminded of The Mask, I am also invariably reminded of The Mask Ventrilo Harassment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVY79A57e4I
>>
>>144661588
his head is so small here
>>
>>144661588
I'd want it fully animated, in that case.
>>
>>144663295
In the movie, they comically have mufflers shoved up their assholes. In the comic, one is force fed a muffler and the other has a bunch of wrenches jammed in his head. In both, we only see the aftermath.
>>
Glad they kept the wacky CG facial expressions to a minimum in the final cut. Jim Carrey’s face is already flexible on it’s own.
>>
Funny enough, I was thinking today about how good The Mask OST is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkZfSe_bNE4
>>
>>144661846
The scene they took out was where the redhead lady gets thrown in a printing press and dies, since they thought they could get Amy Yasbeck back for a sequel. Didn't happen.
>>
>>144664764
HEY PACHUCO
>>
>>144661588
It would've flopped so hard, it would've killed Jim Carrey's career.
>>
>>144661588
I think the final product is scarier than the tests. I mean, just watching Jim Carrey wearing fake teeth and a latex mask over his real face only compounds the horror of meeting the real Jim Carrey.
>>
>the original comic was horror
Are you people retarded?
>>
>>144661588
How come we haven't gotten a More Closer to the original REBOOT Yet? Or Even just a General Reboot?
>>
>>144661588
Pass. The movie was better than the comic.
>>
>>144666509
The original movie is steeped in 90's camp and grittiness. I think WB knows if they tried building on it, it would look hollow and insincere like how all of their DC films.
>>
>>144664944
Until millennials are learning how to swing dance in a zoot suit, I won't believe in 90s nostalgia.
>>
>>144666443
It's comedy-horror
>>
>>144662409
>The Mask VIII - Big Head vs Jason
>>
IIRC one of the scenes from the original movie script even made it to the comic, the intro where a bunch of voodoo oogaboogas use the mask to decapitate themselves then put the head on, all having a good time. Then a guy steals it by replacing it with a fake, and while he escapes he gets ambushed by a rival faction also after the mask.

It was in one of the last post-movie comics, and as a dream sequence - the guy currently wearing the mask dreamt of it. He was also designing Tiki Toys as well, so it was pretty muddy if that was its origin, or if the guy was just going crazy (they make it a point that the guy is not entirely all right).
>>
>>144666509
The issue is the public perception of The Mask's success is Jim Carrey's star power. It would be like if they had done Top Gun: Maverick without Tom Cruise (Or the real example of Independence Day: Resurgence without Will Smith).

I know you're talking about a reboot instead of a sequel, but Jim Carrey and The Mask are intrinsically connected in the public consciousness.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.