[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tales_of_the_tmnt.jpg (540 KB, 1280x720)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
New clip of Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHVlNZfy0eA&t=1s
>>
>>144662378
Wow this fucking sucks. The animation style is stiff and the action is sluggish and slow. Bishop being a woman is a pointless change. Mikey's weird low energy commentary is grating as fuck.
>>
>can't have Shredder
it's a flop
>>
>>144662378
Would
Would
Won’t
Would
>>
>>144662378
Jesus fucking Christ why is the animation so choppy? Holy shit did everyone in the West forget how to do in-betweens?
>>
>>144662700
Same as the movie, they're trying to fake their way into having some kind of purposeful style, without understanding why Spider-verse did anything the way they did. So choppy = artsy = cool
>>
>>144662700
Because Spider-verse and Puss brain rotted people into thinking that a an art style can make up for shoddy stiff choppy animation
>>
>>144662378
It looks like an animatic not actual animation, I haven't liked any TMNT direction since Nick bought them.
>>
>>144662648
I didn't see the movie. Is there an explanation of how a mutant that lived in the sewers managed to get braces?
>>
>>144662798
No, they're just stylistic choices. There's no explanation for Donny's glasses or Mikey's braces. Then again, these are the same Ninja Turtles who build war machines out of random shit they found in the sewers, so try not to be so sceptical.
>>
>>144662815
I can imagine Donny find or even snatching a pair of glasses from somewhere, but braces requires a trip to the dentist unless Donny did it for him.
>>
>>144662727
>>144662755
Those movies still have fluid animation though even if it uses an animation technique to make it look choppy. This doesn't even attempt that, it's just stiff as fuck. Fucking amateur hour, shit.
>>
>>144662835
Again, Donny can build mech suits out of trash. I don't think it's too beyond the realm of imagination to assume he could read up on dentistry, fashion/steal some tools and give Mikey braces
>>
>>144662855
Yeah, the actual movie for this still had fluid animation at the low framerates. This cartoon seems to just be apeing that framerate without making it look stylistic in any way, causing it to just seem weird and lumbering.
>>
>>144662887
It had fluid animation for SOME scenes, but not others. It was actually kind of jarring how inconsistent it was where some of it was choppy shit animations and other scenes were closer to imitating skillful hand-drawn animation.
>>
That's some... ugly rough jerky animation.
I mean TMNT 2018 had shitty scripts, shitty stories, shitty worldbuilding, and made a mess of the characters' personalities, but at least the animation was good.

This is just bad, full stop.

Just let Ciro make his damn 2012 movie, honestly. Telling him "no, the new stuff has to exist on its own" and rolling out turds like this is just dumb.
>>
>>144662378
>Leo needs help getting up from that version of April.
Fucking hell.
>>
i give it a thumbs up
>>
>>144665546
Don't think we wouldn't notice that shill bump, you tasteless faggot.
>>
Why made a 2d show based on a cgi movie?
>>
>>144665582
hey it's one thumbs up, not two thumbs up

i'll give this 12 ep miniseries a chance the same way i gave rottmnt a chance...before dropping rottmnt after watching that smartphone episode
>>
File: IMG_1264.jpg (26 KB, 320x320)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>144662378
I have some issues with the animation, but I think it's mainly because I'm too used to the flashy, energetic fights of Rise. This one feels like it doesn't have as much impact and I can't sense the danger in the scene. When Leo says "We need a plan!" he sounds way too stressed for a scene that has little to no tension.
But I'll wait for the series, maybe the context of the whole episode can make it better.
>>
>>144665876
Leo's personality is anxiety now. I wouldn't put it past the tasteless faggots in charge of this show to do the full-blown panic attack sequences.

Raph's only personality trait now is "I love violence", while Mikey and Donnie are so bland that they may as well be the same character with two different, but equally awful voices.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.