[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have you ever heard of Dan Mora? Hes a GREAT artist and the modern Jim Lee (Mora is better than Lee though)

>Dan Mora
Dan Mora
>Dan Mora
Dan Mora

For more of Dan Mora please visit: DanMora.com
>>
>>144662614
He is the favorite for people who don't know the how to draw
>>
>>144662614
>take a guy who'd be a solid B-lister on a 2000's book
>Make him an S-list superstar because he's an unambitious ESL who cares more about working on IPs than making his own comics anymore
>>
File: HardSex.png (539 KB, 678x696)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>144662642
Well he doesnt need to know how to draw as long as his ass is tight
>>
>>144662614
His work seems rushed a lot of the time but he’s the real deal in a sea of dilettantes, nepo hires and fiverr nothings and I hope he makes them feel bad.
>>
I like his art, he's a very good artist. And I'm glad he's supplanted Jim Lee a bit as the main guy for flagship/crossover/promo type stuff. Is he overexposed? Yeah, but that's how these things go. Is there a cringy element of young fans who, like a viral tweet this week, insist he's the best artist ever? Yeah. But at the end of the day all that other stuff aside, he's solid. Great figures and expression, vibrant, sorta classic and modern feeling at the same time. Not GOAT status (compositions and backgrounds and all aren't his forte), but good and i'm just glad to see a DC Comics that doesn't look like it's stuck in the Hush era.
>>
File: 1715123941905[1].jpg (392 KB, 1040x1600)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
Dan Mora is literally the best modern comic book artist with a unique, aesthetically pleasing style. Name and post a comic book artist that is currently active that's better, and post their work.
>>
File: superman.jpg (274 KB, 738x857)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>144662614
Oh shit, I love that combo's stuff. Kinda excited.
>>
>>144662756
>he's supplanted Jim Lee a bit as the main guy for flagship/crossover/promo type stuff.
wut. Jim hasn't drawn a big thing since New 52 Justice League. His Suicide Squad lasted like 6 issues.
>>
File: clay mann .jpg (560 KB, 1536x2048)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
Clay Mann mogs him. Whatever happened to him anyway? DC can't afford non-mexicans anymore?
>>
File: BM-100-005.jpg (598 KB, 1248x1920)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
>>144662811
Hes not even the best among the ``animeish`` artists in DC, forget it about any other more seasoned artists, theres a reason why he can do 2 books at the same time
>>
>>144662614
Zoomers calling him the best artist of all time has honestly made me tire of him faster than I expected. Is he talented? Sure. But I don’t get the obsession. His art isn’t particularly great he’s just consistent.
>>
>>144662928
He must be expensive as fuck and since DC is not doing so well maybe their budget is not as big so they need the dirt cheap artists
>>
>>144662928
He was dealing with a lot of back pains trying to get the king batcat book out on time. Doesn’t seem like a guy good on deadlines without proper lead time. Not a bad thing just a reality.
>>
>>144663025
Yeah I wouldn't call him a bad artist but hes everywhere now and the burnout is real
>>
I wish there were more Dan Mora's out there. A good artist that can actually go a monthly schedule with barely any fill ins is a godsend in today's market. I'm so sick of books having this artist they are promoting and they last 2 issues before there is someone else on to help.
>>
>>144662881
>wut.
Stuff like this. Promo art for new DC initiatives, Con stuff and and signage, the big issue covers, Lee's art has been the 'face' of DC Comics for decades now.
>>
>>144663005
Is this supposed to be better?
>>
>>144662642
Normally I try not to make fun of ESLs because English is a really hard language to learn and 95% of people here could never hope to learn another language to carry on a conversation but
>wat
>>
>>144662614
>>144662689
It's weird seeing him go from Power Rangers to this
>>
I hate his artwork because its ugly and lazy and has terrible designs and desexualized women but I hate his fans even more, they're truly retarded
>>
You should seethe some more, OP.
>>
>>144663689
It's got more energy to it and more angles than what Mora does, but it is bad line art in some spots.
With Mora it's like every figure is always the same general midshot and always straight on or basic 3/4ths angles. It tends to flatten out his pages and make them less exciting
>>
>>144662811
>Name and post a comic book artist that is currently active that's better, and post their work.
I love Nick Bradshaw, he's like an Art Adams who can make deadlines

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.