[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What do you think could've made for an interesting spinoff of BTAS? Aside from the Superman, Batman Beyond, and Justice League shows we got, obviously.
>>
>>144663732
I don't know, a Wonder Woman spinoff?
>>
Flash was a really fun character in that universe and I feel like he could have carried his own show honestly.
>>
>>144663732
The Adventures of Killer Moth as a more tame take on a concept like Martial Law or the Boys
>takes place during Justice League
>not too far from Gotham lies a city that is horribly corrupt, their evil corporate led government being maintained by false heroes riding off the success of the Justice League and created using a similar method to the Ultimen
>within the city, a group of rebel thieves desperately try to stand up to these false heroes or contact the JLA but it is no use, and every attempt is shot down, usually by Overman, the city’s most powerful super.
>the city needs a hero, the rebellion needs a protector, and nobody is better for the job than
>Killer Moth! A middle class working man and single father ready to protect the Robin Hood thieves against the corrupt heroes
>>
>>144663801
Moth hands typed this post.
>>
>>144663890
I'm now picturing a whole scene playing the "Killer Moth, Middle Class Working Man and Single Father" story straight, followed by a reveal that the whole thing was being described by Killer Moth, who is pissed that no networks wanted to make the show he pitched.
"W-w-well I think it would have been a great show Mister Moth, sir, but please keep your voice down, you wouldn't want to wake Mister Scarface..."
>>
>>144663890
Oh come on it’s not that bad of an idea. Imagine it. A city of false heroes led by a slightly renamed crime syndicate of America who are backed by a soulless corporation, the entire city thinks they’re heroes and anyone who fights back is branded a criminal and put down by the false heroes.
Killer Moth could be their hero! A real hero and one hated by the press, I’d be like Spider-Man. Just picture it. A true heroic villain fighting for the people against villainous heroes
And since Killer Moth is a father, they could use my daughter to create a high school plotline. All the best parts of The Boys, BTAS and Static Shock mixed together
>>
File: roberta btas.png (216 KB, 643x444)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
>The cute tomboy was in the worst episode
We could have had it all.
>>
>>144663732
is that bruce timm?
>>
File: x480.jpg (51 KB, 729x480)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Thrifty gets her own show.
>>
>>144663732
>>144664643
I rather see a spinoff with Kimmy and her mom
>>
>>144664920
Kid detectives in Gotham could maaaaybe be a thing. "Slice of life with a Gotham 8 year old" is a harder sell.
She would need a new "imaginary friend that is actually real" to make it work.
>>
File: joker reaction.gif (486 KB, 270x270)
486 KB
486 KB GIF
>>144663801
>My idea for a BTAS spinoff is a yet another show that hates superheroes
>It doesn't actually have any real link to the BTAS show
>>
>>144664890
I can't believe /co/ forgot her.
>>
>>144663732
Nightwing dicking around (heh) in Bludhaven.
>>
>>144667511
This is the show that should've been made and I remain so fucking angry it wasn't. They could've adapted shit from the Dixon run before all the characters got turned into canon fodder for DC events.
>>
>>144668296
There's this one shot in a JLU episode where Nightwing is seen overlooking the freeway into Bludhaven from a rooftop. Fucking Bat-Embargo meant that he could never be used at all, but they sneaked him in to at least show that it was his city.
>>
>>144663768
You'd run into the same problems with the live action show. What stakes would there be with the Fastest Man Alive? Only ones who can challenge him are other speedsters.
>>
>>144663801
>a group of rebel thieves
The Rogues?
>>
>>144665664
Superheroes are lame and gay, my guy. Majority are into anti-heroes and villains.
>>
>>144668296
Except most of Dixon’s creations were shit and the decent ones were squandered.

Soames, Bridget, and Amy were his best ones. Soames got ruined when it turned into Torque like 25 issues in, Bridget got sidelined when Dixon picked up Dickbabs so like 30 issues in, Amy didn’t appear until like 50 issues in.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.