[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sonicfreedomfighters3.jpg (403 KB, 1120x927)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
It's okay to like series that are flawed. Don't pretend Archie Sonic is anywhere near perfect. It's still good enough for me, and many others.

Same applies to IDW. You can also hate both, that's also a perspective that's worthy as well.

I wonder to this day how preboot could keep going for decades with how things constantly seemed to be changing inside of its world. Was it going to level out and become static at some point if Ian just ran out of ideas on what to do in the world?
>>
>>144665261
Archie was only really good for the first 40 or so issues. Everything after was a slow descent into hot garbage until the reboot where, after a handful of boring issues, it became consistently okay.
IDW's good issues are in the single digits, and most of the good ones belong to a single arc (Scrapnik Island). Everything else is drab.

>I wonder to this day how preboot could keep going for decades with how things constantly seemed to be changing inside of its world. Was it going to level out and become static at some point if Ian just ran out of ideas on what to do in the world?
The Metal Virus arc was a story intended for Archie's continuity, and likely would have lasted even longer than it did in IDW given there were not only far more characters to work with, but more locations as well. I don't think him running out of ideas was ever an issue.
>>
>>144665394
I strongly disagree. Archie peaked in 138-141 with Return to Angel Island, and even if it didn't reach the same level afterwards, Ian's stories were consistently good.
>>
>>144665261
still sad they're not allowed to use the SatAm cast anymore due to Segas extensive mandating
>>
>>144666064
Archie raped the good name of the SatAM characters.
>>
>>144666064
but hey, they're safe in SEGA's vault at least. Can't get the "DIVA-ISNOUS" treatment iykwim
>>
>>144666491
>DIVA-ISNOUS
I don't know what that means.

Does it have something to do with Penders bullshit kneecapping the archie comics while the comics he made with his own OCs turning out to suck?
>>
File: 1587326819804.png (310 KB, 2518x1024)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>
>>144666524
yeah It was one of Pender's ads in a con. Said "Divaisnous" in it, many laughs were had.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.