[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I get the idea to make this show but this show just doesn't have an unique element to make it different than the HarleyIvy shitcomedy.
Golden Glider is basically an exact copy of Harley. Crazy person with very specific interests in some fields who is basically an asshole and bad person but does not want to act like an asshole and her dynamic with Kite man is the same as Harley's with Ivy in the show, where Glider is psychotically supportive of everything Kite man does and every word he says.
The only thing that was likeable about her was the fucking flute singing at the bar.
>>
>>144668648
I'm waiting for Captain Cold to come into this show. He was in Season 4 of Harley for a few episodes and I feel Lisa's brother could make certain dynamics more interesting in this show.
>>
>>144668648
I like how you blame Golden Glider for Kite Man being boring.
>>
>>144668648
We live in a world where Kite Man got a cartoon before Wonder Woman.
>>
>>144668648
Haven’t watched it yet but I’m assuming it’s purpose is to give a spotlight to a lot of the popular characters who might not have a chance to fit into episodes of the next season of Harley with the more plot heavy direction it could go in.
>>
>>144668648
WB has no idea what to do with DC properties but shitty sitcom spin-offs are an easy pitch
>>
>>144668648
It’s a spinoff for the heterosexual males.
>>
>>144669233
I love the fact this shitty sitcom with Kite Man is both cannibalizing some of the most daring DC series while also wasting the illustrated talents of Shane Glines.
OMG that jokes about popular topic from 8 months ago is so fresh I literally lol.
>>
>>144669242
As a heterosexual male, I don't care about Kite Man. I'm not interested, not invested, not even sure how anyone could be really, about generic white male sitcom lead.
>>
>letting multicam sitcom assholes take over animation
Kill me
>>
>>144669282
Do you find glider attractive?
>>
>>144669500
Hell yeah I do and I resent the show for for forcong Kite Man on her, making it so her entire character revolves around him.
>>
>>144668648
Lost interest in this when all the trailers made it seem like it was just exactly the same thing as Harley
>>
>>144668648
>that cat
>>
>>144668648
What the hell? Who asked for this? This has to be some kind of moneymaking scheme where execs save money by making spinoffs or something.
>>
The purpose is to expose children to profanity, homosexuality, and general degeneracy.
Grooming
>>
Fuck you, I like it.
It's not quite Venture Bros but it's similar enough with the superhero wackiness while still being its own thing that I enjoy it quite a lot.
Also, GG has a similar manic pixie dream girl personality to Harley, sure, but their behaviours are fairly dissimilar. For example, Harley kills indiscriminately and on purpose (remember when she beat Professor Pyg to death?) while GG actively tries to avoid doing so.
>>144668788
>He was in Season 4 of Harley
He wasn't even Asian, was he? This version of GG is for some reason. So maybe half brother?
>>144669214
DCSG
>>144669258
What popular topic from 8 months ago? I don't recall much topical humour in these first three episodes.
>>144669229
Harley is more plot heavy and KMHY is extremely episodic. You could watch ep1 and skip to ep3 and the only thing you might be confused about is why Queen of Fables suddenly has a white body.
>>144670021
You haven't watched it. There's literally no homosexuality in it (so far).
>>
>>144670128
> behaviours are fairly dissimilar.
Are they though? Golden Glider just killed a dozen of indiscriminate spa workers in this episode.
>>
>what's the point of this really?
Max wanted 20 episodes of the Harley Quinn cartoon to air this year but they didn't want to expand their season 5 order beyond 10 eps for some reason, so they greenlit this show and are airing it and HQ S5 back to back
>>
>>144668648
Yeah but golden glider is cute and not a home wrecking cunt
>>
>>144669163
It's always a woman's fault anon. Why haven't you learned this yet?
>>
>>144670289
Just saying if I had to drop someone between the two it wouldn't be Golden Glider.
>>
>>144668648
writers got tired of Harley Quinn and Ivy but not everyone else
>>
>>144668648
It's Harley Quinn without the gay and with likable protags and no annoying Kevin. So an improvement in every way.
>>
>>144670166
They were literally attacking her. Harley kills bystanders. The professor may not have been a good example.
>>
>>144671360
But it's still pretty similar behavior.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.