[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

this movie is going to age terribly once the novelty of the cameos wear off desu
>>
>>144670394
>implying cameos are a novelty
>>
File: 1000001842.jpg (31 KB, 312x313)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
I mean it's also kind of a swan song for the Fox era of Marvel movies, and unless you knew what the Deadpool Corps were the Deadpool cameos are kind of irrelevant to the concept of cameos here. I think the movie will be far less dated than other MCU stuff from this previous phase because it either lacks context or is already focusing on dated material
>>
>>144670405
Anon certain cameos and certain actors playing that cameo rely on you being there during the cultural zeitgeist. Cavill playing Wolverine doesn't mean anything unless you know of what has been happening in the entertaining business.
>>
>>144670405
For this movie they are.
>>
>>144670394
Nah, unlike No Way Home there's enough of an actual film under there that it'll still have some appeal
>>
>>144671429
Literally the exact opposite. No way home used the cameos to build the characters while deadpool was “lol look blade!”
>>
>>144671447
Lol I just said that because I know how mad it makes you fags when someone slanders that movie
>>
>>144670394
Nah, It's the end of Fox Marvel so that has a novelty all it's own. It's way better than Strange or What-ifs and probably will be better remembered than NWH. A bit below the Spider-Verse films but still better than most.
>>
Are the other characters cameos like the Illuminati in MOM, or are they supporting characters like in NWH?
>>
>>144671546
A mix of both. Some minor cameos, some who play important roles in the plot.
>>
>>144670611
Evans being Torch, and Pool thinking it was Captain America was a nice call back, but I completely agree with you
>>
Why is this bored always so concerned with things being totally ageless and forever relatable? Some of mankind's best artistic works were heavily rooted in contemporary references, culture and ideas.
>>
>>144672261
>Why is this bored always so concerned with things being totally ageless and forever relatable?
Because it means the movie isn't actually good outside of clapping at things you recognize on the screen like a söyboy.
>>
>>144672340
No it doesn't, you midwit. That's extremely specious reasoning.
>>
>>144671456
On rewatch it's clear most cameos in No Way Home are there just to redo scenes from the older Spider-Man movies, here, the characters actually do new stuff.
>>
>>144670394
its a deadpool movie
>>
>>144672367
Yes, it does. I can watch any good movie decades later and it will still hold up because it isn’t entirely held up by clapping at jangling keys existing on the screen like a retard.
>>
>>144670394
-but enough about Spider-Man No Way Home
>>
>>144672526
Libtards are vapid impulsive materialists who can't comprehend the spirit of timelessness, don't bother

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.