[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5345.png (364 KB, 1280x1051)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>Rule 63 Smiling Friends
What changes?
>>
>>144675148
Its not as funny
>>
>>144675148
i understand why fujos like the original version of this character now
>>
>>144675209
So just as funny as the original? Got it
>>
A lot of the jokes don't land as well. Men being gross and weird is amusing. women being gross and weird and repulsive. Women are often not as funny because their idea of funny is to copy men and it never lands.

You can write funny female characters, but you need to be aware of what feminity is to try to play around with it. Adding masculine funny traits to women or vise and versa only works if you are subverting the audience expectations.

A guy nagging her girlfriend for retarded reasons is really not that funny the same way a girl eating a pile of garbage and acting like an idiot is not funny. but if you do it to make fun of the opposite negative traits each gender has it can work.
>>
>>144675148
>What changes?
My dick gets harder.
>>
>>144675148
I feel like it wouldn't be the same comedy. It'd probably be something like Class of 0'9.
>>
>>144675787
That's a pretty good explanation considering that the way that the Smiling Friends interact and speak with each other is very male-centric in the sense that they don't dwell on irrelevant details, gossip, and have tons of moments where they just sit around in silence just like guys in real life which makes the show feel so raw.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.