[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Blongs.jpg (84 KB, 767x450)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Finally got around to watching it, kicking myself a bit for waiting so long since I enjoyed it more than expected. Weird that it did so poorly, know it's cliche to say but it does seem like it was just before its time, reminds me of other series that fell by the wayside like duckman. Also should I be worried that I found Pickles extremely attractive
>>
if I was a woman I'd fuck that stub of a stud
>>
Oh and tell me if Angus' books are any good if you've read them. Know they're a good bit darker, but I'm curious about the rest of his work now.
>>
>>144675343
Pickles....
>>
>>144675317
Creepy Susie is what get people to remember this show.
>>
>>144676988
Yes, sadly, tho i good bunch of them come from just seeing the character on internet and associating her with other emo and creepy characters
>>
>>144675317
>Pickles
My love
>enjoyed it more than expected
yeah, that's the effect I'm noticing with all these Simpsons bastard children that sprang in the late 90's, like Mission Hill and Baby Blues. They have a place in my heart
>>
>>144675374
nah they're pretty shit
>>
File: d5l2kxi5pg851.png (1.3 MB, 1080x1051)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>
>>144678004
No, they ARE the "SHIT". Haven't read them fully, but they are the kind of book my 10 year old self would've treasured with dark pleasure
>>
>>144678151
okay well i'm not 10 years old and i don't think op is either
>>
File: Debbie.jpg (917 KB, 2861x2390)
917 KB
917 KB JPG
Tfw no Debbie to do this to you....
>>
>>it's cliche to say but it does seem like it was just before its time
Vehemently disagree, it's made for the late 90s/early 00s which was when networks actually experimented creatively
>>
>>144675317
I always hated how he drew boobs
>>
>>144675317
It's a funny little series for what it is, I only feel bad that the creator didn't agree. He was incredibly respectful about it, saying, to paraphrase "It was a good show that they made, it just wasn't MY show", as in the show he wanted to make, there were changes that led to him withdrawing from the writers' room and instead overseeing the animation.
>>
>>144680277
What were the changes he didn't like?
>>
>>144680461
I was watching some making of on Youtube and they didn't go into specifics, but there's a clear difference in tone between his book and what's seen in the show.
>>
His books aren't really funny but the show had actual written jokes. Honestly i don't see much relation between the books and the show.
>>
>>144677882
It's why people fall in love with her.
>>
>>144676988
My fond memories is watching the Oblongs reruns at 1-2am on school nights on a tiny CRT TV that made a nice buzzing sound
>>
>>144676988
What stood out the most to me from my early memories watching the show were the stacy turning into a frankenstein after getting brutally torn up and helgas fat ass aggressively coming onto milo because of how disturbing and disgusting it was.
>>
>>144679373
Fair, I mostly said that considering how poorly it was received when it released. I do think a couple of the episodes touch on shit a lot of people are really talking about more now, though; like all the pill-pushing stuff with Milo.

>>144680847
Have a similar vague memory of catching it late at night on adult swim or something loooong ago, never managed to remember much besides the character designs. Was probably about to fall asleep/randomly woke up, saw a lot of half-remembered weird shit that way
>>
>>144675317
This show has bullies
>>
>>144683721
Yes.
>>
>>144675317
>>144677995
There should’ve been a Baby Blues, Mission Hill, and Oblongs crossover.
>>
>>144683721
Hi Blake Good
>>
>>144682478
>>like all the pill-pushing stuff with Milo
That was a huge hot button issue in the 90s/00s. I think the real mistake was that it was just not for the mainstream fox audience, it would've done better as an adult swim original
>>
>>144675317
This series is great, I don't know why they didn't make more episodes.
>>
>>144675317
You shouldn't
>>
I swear this show was reported to be getting another season (sans Will Ferrell) and obviously that didn't happen. Wonder what the deal is.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.