[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9533.jpg (812 KB, 984x750)
812 KB
812 KB JPG
> Marvel Comics Exec Editor Confirms ‘X-Men’ Books Will Continue Hiding Last Page Behind Annoying QR Codes In Order To Avoid “Early Spoilers”
> Marvel Comics executive editor Tom Brevoort has confirmed that the X-Men line will continue to hide their last page behind a QR code for the foreseeable future.
> As seen in the three books thus far released as part of the X-line’s new, post-Krakoa ‘From The Ashes’ publishing initiative – X-Men Vol. 7 #1, NYX Vol. 2 #1, and Phoenix Vol. 1 #1 – upon reaching the end of a given mutant-centric title, before being met with the standard next issue preview, readers are presented with a giant QR code.

It’s so over.
>>
>>144676859
Can Brevoort have a fucking heart attack and die already?
>>
>>144676859
isnt this shit only an extra page?
>>
>>144676970
Shills have been out in full force today.
>>
>>144676977
it's a genuine question
>>
>>144676859
Wait wait... so if I buy a comic now I don't even get the whole comic unless I scan a QR code? That is the dumbest thing I think I've heard.
>>
It's a little unclear what exactly Brevoort is saying. The article OP is quoting is here:

>https://boundingintocomics.com/2024/07/24/marvel-comics-exec-editor-confirms-x-men-books-will-continue-hiding-last-page-behind-annoying-qr-codes-in-order-to-avoid-early-spoilers/

That in turn quotes this Brevoort Substack issue:

>https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/121-idaho

Specifically, this Q&A:

>Leigh Hunt: I didn't realise my question had already been pre-empted so...I will just say I don't think I like this personally. And it's disappointing to hear that other books will do the same thing. Still, it didn't stop me enjoying the book and looking forward to the rest of From the Ashes.

Tom Brevoort: I think that’s fair, Leigh. But in this era of early spoilers, I love that this approach gives us the opportunity to hold onto some plot points right up until the day the title ships. So you’ll see the pattern repeated in most of the other X-Launches of this era. We will include those pages in the eventual collected editions, though, for those who don’t own a phone.

So I'm unclear if he means that just other X-Men launch title #1s will do this or if all of the new books will continue to do this.

Though the "I love that this approach gives us the opportunity to hold onto some plot points right up until the day the title ships" part would indicate that it's the latter.
>>
Don't tell you guys were actually planning on reading this tripe before this news dropped.
>>
>>144677321
No but that's kind of the point too. They think people aren't reading because of spoilers but if that were the case than it's only because the spoilers are bad things the readers don't want to see in the first place. If the comics were good spoilers would actually cause hype.
>>
>4chan is the only place I see do this
Hmm do we have DC employees here.
>>
>>144676970
>>144676990

Hard to say. That's what it's been used for so far, but Brevoort wrote:

>I love that this approach gives us the opportunity to hold onto some plot points right up until the day the title ships

If it's true that they're going to be doing this in every issue going forward, it doesn't sound like there's going to be an extra page in every issue but that this is going to be an anti-spoiler tool which implies it covers actual story pages.
>>
>>144677345

See >>144677293 for receipts
>>
>>144677424
so anyone can scan the page after the comic has been shipped?
>>
So. Hope is dead.
>>
>>144676859
Yeah I ain't touching this initiative outside of perhaps Deadpool.
>>
>>144676859
Finally a comic with day one patches
>>
>>144677461
Only for the first few months after release.
>>
>>144676970
>still puts an actual page in the book
>makes people who buy the book go online to read the fucker.
>>
>>144678190
so its just going to make people wait until the complete thing is out?
>>
i was trying to play ff9 with a strategy guide a few months ago and thought shit like this would never happen again
>>
>Go to see latest Marvel movie.
>instead of last scene, you get a giant QR code on the screen.
>>
I'm honestly glad I no longer have an interest in anything.
>>
>>144676970
Yes. Every one of them so far has been the same generic, meaningless teaser of the book's villain practically saying "Haha, I'm doing secret villain things that I won't give any details about!" You get more story out of an ad page in a different title.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.