[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7918.jpg (100 KB, 595x1029)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
The fuck happened with MCU Thor? Even before the disaster that was Love & Thunder, Thor has had the weakest solo film series by far.
>Crap romantic partner
>Series doesn’t do magic stuff well
>Warriors 3 and Sif were WASTED
>Thor increasingly becomes flanderized, getting dumber with each film
>Thor frequently makes Asgardian life worse with each visit, abandoning his throne repeatedly
>Backpedal on the fake eye

Even Hemsworth admits his last film was crap. Was Endgame Thor at least good? Can Hemsworth do one more sequel and end on a high note? What would you fix?
>>
>>144677754
>Decent first film
>Alright in Avengers
>Mediocre second film
>Does fucking nothing on Age of Ultron
>Decent third film
>MVP on Infinity Wars
>Garbage redemption arc on Endgame
>Garbage ass fourth film

I think this is as good as it gets OP, sorry. At the very least he didn't get Hulk'ed
>>
>>144677874
Hulk had a solid solo movie with Ed Norton before Ruffalo made him shit, and even then before Savage Hulk was ruined he had genuine cool moments. I can't call Thor Ragnarok good given the complete disconnect between what is happening on Asgard and what occurs on Sakaar
>>
>>144677754
Endgame Thor was trash. The only times MCU Thor was good was the first movie and Infinity War. Every other time he’s either boring or a clown.

What screwed over Thor was a clear lack of direction. Dark World was completely devoid of any identity. Even the first film at best was just a watered down version of a classic Thor story and their big mistake of making Thor’s mythos more technology and less magic based just so it’s more believable.

The Waititi movies are shameless Guardians rip offs that lacked the heart that those movies had.

They basically wasted a lot of Thor’s best stories with crap now and Hemsworth ain’t getting younger, and everyone has pretty much written off Thor as just a joke, so there’s no salvaging it now.
>>
>>144677754
I enjoyed his arc from Ragnorak - Endgame
>>
File: Thor.jpg (888 KB, 2400x2400)
888 KB
888 KB JPG
Chris needs to suck it up, put on a real costume, and wear the helmet
>>
>>144677874
>Decent third film
Ragnarok was fucking trash and you know it.
>>
>>144677754
Disney realized they couldn't have a popular white man lead and decided to humiliate him instead
>>
>>144678799
The only good things about Ragnarok were Surtur and the Jack Kirby aesthetic. That movie was two story scripts sewn together, and it didn't work.

What the hell can another Thor movie even do besides Hercules? Only guy left is fucking Ulik and Mangog
>>
>>144677874
Dark World would’ve been amazing if it focused on Asgard and the space elves. the human stuff was garbage. Also portman has zero charisma.
>>
>>144677754
They used him to push the infinity stones plot so the rest of the movies could push the development of the Avengers as characters. Unsurprisingly, this resulted in the regression of Thor as a character and as part of the Avengers.
>>
File: Beta Ray Bill original.jpg (163 KB, 539x578)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Bet you 5 bucks next Thor film finally whips out Beta Ray Bill. Lot good that does seeing how everything Mjonir related is now pointless. God I fear the worst for Bill
>>
>>144677933
The Incredible Hulk (2008) was ass, let's not go full revisionist.
>>
>>144679847
Fuck you. Revisionist my ass, Ed Norton Hulk was a great movie.
>>
>>144677754
>Thor 1
I thought it was really weak when i saw it way back when but its actually decent i just think Iron Man 1 and Cap 1 MOG it
>Thor 2
the worst MCU movie imo at least up to Endgame. So much of it focused on muh Natalie Portman and I didnt give a shit about that part of the plot at all
>Thor 3
its honestly not that great but most people liked it because its fun and like I said Thor 2 is badder than bad
>Thor 4
another Thor 2 situation where its bad but I still probably dislike 2 more. Watiti tried to do 3 but even more zany and it really sucked. One of many cape movies where there are a few solid scenes but as a full movie its just shit. from what i remember Gorr is barely even in the movie. One thing that was cool was Jane was actually excited to be a Thor and not in a "own the chuds" way just genuine excitement. I'm surprised they actually killed her 2bh. also what the fuck was that ending kek.

its sad because post thor 2 Thor is pretty cool in the avengers/thanos saga stuff Thor coin was clearly on the rise but then Thor 4 came out and destroyed all that oh well. I'd still watch a Thor 5 but they really gotta get shit right next time its pretty hard to forgive 3 shitty movies plus Hemsworth is getting older the clock is ticking
>>
>>144677874
Ragnarok sucked.
>>
File: 440px-Beta_ray_bill.jpg (100 KB, 440x433)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>144679797
I don't even want him to show up anymore. There won't be any dignity.
>>
>>144679847
>>144679894
It got too much of a bad rap from coming out right after the first Iron Man, but it wasn't that bad compared to Thor and Iron Man 2.
>>
>>144680057
>I thought it was really weak when i saw it way back when but its actually decent i just think Iron Man 1 and Cap 1 MOG it
I just find it frustrating because the film has like 3 sets and that Jotunheim scene is so damn dark

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.