[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Will they ever make a second movie?
>>
All the soul is gone, so hopefully not.
>>
>>144678101
Why would anyone want a 4k of this? I guarantee it looks no different than the blu ray.
>>
>>144678101
It's impossible to stop the first
>>
>>144678169
The 1080p Blu ray had some issues with aliasing, wobbly film framing and lip sync that's fixed in the 4k.
Ideally, they should have digitally re rendered it like they did with the older seasons but rumor is that they don't have the hell assets.
>>
>>144678101
It's pretty crazy how much has changed since this film
>Mary Kay as the women
>Chef
>Randy only has one line, butter is seen but not heard
>>
>>144678101
Nah
>>
If they do it'll most likely be a fanfilm to reignite that touch.
It's former medium has long become a husk.
>>
>>144678101
why hasn't the fandom done a reanimated version of this? like those Spongebob fan reanimated films?
>>
>>144678101
Not with Randy sitting in the 4th row, he'd get the entire front row to himself these days.
>>
>>144678101
They should have made a “George Lucas Special Edition” version of the first film that now incorporates the modern look of the show nowadays, and when that gets released on Blu-ray, the original is also included, you know… something that should be done with the original trilogy
>>
>>144678101
Matt and Trey have gone on record multiple times saying that making the film back-to-back with seasons 2/3 was the worst experience of their lives so I dunno.
>>
>>144679234
Yeah
This film literally came out a week after a new episode had aired (Tweek vs Craig, season 3)
>>
Yeah, around the show's 30th anniversary in 2027.
>>
NOOOOOOOO
>>
>>144678101
Speaking of this movie, I wonder if it was initially even intended to be canon? Even though it doesn't contradict anything in the show itself (aside from maybe the Mr. Hat thing), the plot is basically a retelling of "Death" and "Terrance and Phillip in Not Without My Anus", with some bits of "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe", "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" and "Damien".
>>
>>144680684
When I was a kid I always told my friends it was supposed to be a prequel to the events of the show
>>
>>144679234
But now they have all the time in the world.
>>
>>144680684
I think it was intended to fit into canon while season 2 and 3 were in production. They already teased the Saddam/Satan relationship in a season 2 episode and they even continued that story immediately afterwards in season 4. Technically, the movie was in production since season 1, but I doubt anything was definitively planned then.
>>
>>144678101
if they do, it should be the series finale

otherwise, fuck it, SP doesn't deserve another movie on that level

to this day, it's still one of the best movie musicals of all time

TO THIS DAY
>>
>>144679234
came here to say this, in one of the commentaries they straight up say they don't want to make another one
>>
>>144681836
The character designs for the extra kids must have been done before Tweek's episode happened, he seems to have been nowhere in the movie.
They re-used a bunch for the Getting Gay with Kids choir, and of course some consider a black-haired girl to be a prototype Heidi since they basically just changed her hair color and outfit but kept the green theme going.
>>
>>144680684
They reference the movie in season 5, Behind the blow.
>>
>>144678101
i think the "specials" are the closest thing they'll ever do to another movie, and they suck just like all the seasons have for the past 10 years
the second video game was the last bit of soul they had left
>>
>>144678101
Is the commentary on this a new one or the one they made already?
>>
>>144678169
Colours are different, that's it.
>>
>>144678101
No, there would be too many characters they'd have to try include and they would need to conclude 30 years of tv in 90 minutes or so. Comedies movies don't do to well in the box office anymore
>>
>>144679234
hell, they even considered making the movie the series finale at one point (as S2 ratings were poor)
>>
>>144679234
they're just work shy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.