[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: watchmen-chapter1.jpg (290 KB, 1024x1024)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
The bargain-basement voice acting killed this Watchmen adaptation

2009 theatrical cut is still the best version
>>
>>144978668
Actually the original 12 issue miniseries is the best version.
>>
>>144978668
Any reason they couldn't take a page from Scott Pilgrim with the casting?
>>
>>144978668
2009 directors cut (3 hr version, not 3.5 hr) is the best version actually
>>
>>144978682
I agree. Rorschach should have been played by Michael Cera.
>>
>>>/wsg/5651936

I started doing more comparisons, the worst is the Rorscharch/Dan exchange in the kitchen and lab, but I just said "fuck it, one's enough"
>>
>>144980346
Maybe I'm just a philistine, but the animation voice acting doesn't seem that bad.
Not as good the movie, no, but still passable, anons are making it sound like it's early video game voice acting tier.
https://youtu.be/tzIb34WGbI8
>>
>>144980896
You're not wrong, but it's a real problem for serious, dramatic works when all the characters sound like videogame NPCs.

Here's the bean scene comparison.
>>>/wsg/5651981
"R-rorschach?"
"N-n-no... no... of course I don't mind."
"Out of prison! So far!"

Probably the worst delivery from the main characters in the movie. For incidental characters the cops at the beginning are the absolute worst.
>>
I haven't read the original, seen the live action movie, or watched this version, but I know it has Kari Wahlgren in it, and I'm a fan of her. That being said, I make no promises of actually watching it, because I don't particularly care for Watchmen.
>>
>>144981471
The timing certainly doesn't help. Add a beat between the lines so it doesn't seem so rushed. Maybe it's getting compared to bad video game voice acting because it feels like everyone recorded their lines separately.

>>144981769
>I've never read or watched it but I know I don't like it
Thanks for sharing, retard. Does that mean you consoomed some of the more recent fanfic like doomsday clock or the TV show and used that to form your opinion?
>>
>>144978668
>theatrical cut
HALLELUJAH
>>
>>144978840
>Michael Cera as Rorschach
>MEW as Silk Spectre
>Jason Schwartzman as Ozymandias
> Chris Evans as the Comedian
>Brandon Routh as Dr. Manhattan
>Mark Webber as Nite Owl
Actual unironic kino.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.