[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Realistically, how the hell do you make an 800 word essay on " What not to do at a stop light"?
>>
>>145155673
Maybe writing an example and explain why you shouldn't do that at a stop light and go off tangent.
>>
File: 1722315258642243.gif (898 KB, 311x311)
898 KB
898 KB GIF
>pick eight separate things you shouldn't do in that situation
>write a short, hundred-word paragraph for each explaining why you shouldn't
Easy.
>>
>>145155673
just find some tangentially related statistics and quote them in the essay
>>
File: academia.png (450 KB, 750x938)
450 KB
450 KB PNG
>>145155673
Bullshit it
>>
>>145155673
800 words is really really low. That's why you have those joke posts that are like
>500 word essay due next week
>still haven't even started
>>
>>145155673
800 words isn't that much
>>
>>145155673
Use no contractions, use as many words as possible per sentence - just really be as verbose as possible to say the simplest of things.
>>
>>145155809
you shouldn’t
>eat
>drink
>be on your shell phone
>do your makeup
>shave or comb your hair
uhh
>introduction and concluding paragraph
done.
>>
>>145155673
On avarage a paragraph is one hundred words. Assuming this has the same expectations of a basic English Writing class, a thesis and conclusion should already account for 2 of your paragraphs. So all you need left is to come up with 6 things to not do during a stoptlight.

It's not too far off from a Middle School essay assignment honestly.
>>
>>145155673
>Don't stop on green
>Don't go on red
>Don't drink alcohol
>Don't hit anyone
>Don't hit the cars near you
>Don't drive off the road
>Don't fail to check for traffic when turning right at a red light
>Don't fail to check for pedestrians when turning right at a red light
>Don't turn on your emergency blinker
>Don't forget to turn on your turn signals if turning left or right
>Don't forget to stay stopped at a left hand turn signal until the signal turns green, even if the main light is green
>Don't forget to check for traffic when turning left on a green signal
>Don't forget to check for pedestrians when turning left at a green signal
>Don't park and get out of the car
>Don't leave the car unattended
>Don't put the car in reverse unless you've accidentally pulled out into the intersection
>Don't pull out into the intersection
There's 152 words without fleshing out any of those ideas, already about 1/7th of the way there. And that's not including shit like "Don't try to cook a hamburger" or "Don't grab a hose and fill your car with water".
>>
>>145155914
alternatively
>feeding your snail
>making a sandwich
>lighting candles
>karate chopping the tv
>shooting the breeze with the mailman
>falling asleep
>>
File: SHRIMPLE!.png (410 KB, 1200x969)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>145155673
Assuming that his teacher didn't put any restrictions on how to write it out like an actual English teacher, I'd just write "Never, ever drive past a stop light in front of the cops" but I'd add 788 more "ever"s in there to meet her quota.
>>
File: Untitled.png (88 KB, 796x1765)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>145155673
we have technology
>>
>>145155673
>>
>>145156083
Damn you beat me to it
>>
Why didn’t spomgebab use Chat GPT? I bet mrs puf would give him an A
>>
>>145156131
He's not Indian.
>>
>>145156131
she'd hyperinflate the second she saw it because she'd know spongebob didn't write like that. her body would become big and round lol. funny cartoon proportions
>>
>>145156131
Anon this show came out when Lord of the Rings was being released. They didn't have computers yet, everyone was still using swords.
>>
File: proxy-image.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>145156125
That's actually the first result I got before making it begin the essay with The.
>>
>>145156131
Because Karen was busy
>>
>>145156162
Sheeeesh was that b4 or after they invented color? Sucks to suck boomers.
>>
>>145156207
They had color but not computers yet everything was still swords.
>>
>>145155673
Nigga, that's like, a page.
Even if the assignment was far longer, it'd be stupid easy to pad it out with reasons why stop signs are important, what kinds of accidents can happen if you DID do the things that you shouldn't do at a stoplight, include the history of stoplights and famous accidents in great detail, add in some personal stories about people you know who had made bad decisions at stoplights, etc.
>>
File: 1535311747341.png (98 KB, 211x279)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
Was anyone else just incredibly shitty at writing essays in school?
Maybe I'm retarded or autistic or something but I've never been able to stretch out sentences like sample essays do. I'd write everything I have to say and still have half of the word requirement left.

On the plus side in programming writing short, reusable code is a good thing.
>>
>>145156325
I had literally the exact inverse problem. I'd get a subject and it'd be limited to 5 paragraphs or something and it'd be like "write about Hinduism" and I'd struggle to keep it that limited. Like bitch how the FUCK am I gonna condense something that complex into 5 paragraphs?
>>
>>145156325
Essays were my kryptonite. I was a monster at test taking but the essay portion I’d always do poorly. The secret was genuinely inefficient padding.
>>
>>145156325
I always really struggled with conclusions. Somehow I never got below an A- in my writing.
>>
The most important aspect of interacting with the road as a pedestrian is safety.
The road makes up the majority of most inner city terrain, allowing for easy locomotion and transportation in a boat car, and in order to maintain civility on the road, stoplights are positioned in high foot traffic areas to prompt pedestrians and boatcars alike to pass, and instructing them when to stop. Heeding the stoplight is imperative for orderly road functionality.

Most common stoplights are pointed towards the pedestrian and are located near small passings or crossings, one must keep their attention on the road to make sure crossing is permitted and that one is crossing the at the appropriate location, always maintaining eye contact with the stoplight.
Under no circumstances should one cross the road if the stoplight is malfunctioning or disabled, likewise one must never cross when the stoplight is glowing red and permitting the passing of vehicles.
It is illegal to tamper with stoplights either by damaging or covering them, likewise it is illegal to disrupt the functionality of a stoplight by parking bellow or in front of it.
In order to assure the safety of other pedestrians, never push, shove or run in front of a stoplight, cross quickly and maintain constant attention to your surroundings. Do not cross while reading or listening to anything that might disrupt your attention.

By heeding these safety precautions, we can keep stoplights an efficient and beneficial fixture of our roads.
>>
>>145156109
>>145156083
>everything fun nowadays is ruined by AI NPCs
>>
File: ucf.jpg (27 KB, 461x461)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>145156673
i actually hate this, previously some based autist would come along and shock the thread with some well written essay or something
now it's just "durr gais i prompter'd it"
>>
>>145155673
>Start off by describing the importance of stop lights for a paragraph
>give a small history lesson on them
>Explain how accidents are very common at stop lights
>Go over many examples of ways one could instigate or risk an accident at a stop light
>End with an overly long conclusion which basically recites the entire paper
Done
>>
>>145155809
Do references count? Apa or MLA?
>>
>>145156919
Chicago or bust.
>>
>>145156693
That AI cat is out of the bag. Even if some autist posted a legit essay everyone would think it was written by a bot anyway, there wouldn't be a shock.
>>
>>145157059
>>145156693
you can usually tell non AI shit from AI shit, like this >>145156662 is obviously legit, but even then retards cant and assume everything is AI
AI faggotry even ruins the simple soul of online communication i genuinely cannot fathom being the kinda bugman who wants that shit unless you already had none to begin with so you only benefit from it
>>
Calm down, it was just supposed to be a joke about how someone can easily cheat on an essay nowadays.
>>
>>145157125
>He doesn't know what people are complaining about
>>
>>145156325
>>145156325
Beyond just a career in writing the purpose of learning how to write essay's is meant to be to build up your ability to articulate your thoughts and create rthetoric through effective language and logic.The problem is a lot of the time the only thing students get out of it is the ability to draw out arguments and use language inconherently as this pic expresses >>145155851.

I still think they are needed for developing critical thinking and articulation skills but at the end of the day: brevity is the soul of wit.
>>
>>145155673
Make it about right of way, 800 words is nothing.
>>
>>145155949
>word essay
>makes a list
never get that part of the episode
>>
>>145157614
Spongebob isn't very bright when it comes to school.
>>
>>145157614
He probably would have gotten an F for that but she never read it anyway.
>>
>>145156325
I struggled with any seemingly pointless tasks which included essays, as soon as I started working in a field I like, writing thousands of words about various subjects and topics became easy as pie. In fact now my problem is trying to condense everything I need to say into as few words as possible because no one reads shit when you're an adult .
>>
>>145155851
He predicted SJWs!
>>
>>145155673
You don't
>>
>>145155809
spbp
>>
>>145155851
Based

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.