[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Going to be storytiming everything from COIE to the end of Johns' run.

Previous threads:

>>145384986 (COIE 1-10)

>>145405679 (COIE 11-12, Flash # 1-10)

>>145441700 (Flash #11-19)

Now to continue Messner-Loebs' run.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>145467196
Mothers, amirite?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I dont remember flash being such an asshole as a personality. I always remembered him as a good hearted hero. is this from the 80s or 90s or something? he's kind of a dick
>>
>>
>>145467512
>being such an asshole
How so? To answer your question this is late 80s/early 90s and I do think he gets better as the run goes on. Just curious on your thoughts specifically
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>145467681
idk maybe im used to the kind cares about everyone flash of the jl cartoon and how he's presented better in the comics. these 80s/90s version of him seems more selfish and less caring overall about people. its idk... I guess I really need to go back and read thru these 80s/90s flash comics since im not used to him seeming so cold towards things in a way
>>
>>
>>145467766
keep in mind this is wally when first getting the costume and all the stuff he's already been through. I do think Wally becomes more warm and a family person as it goes on. I recommend sticking around, he really grows to be like what you're referring to especially in the Waid era where there's a whole court case and how Wally blames himself because he never had to choose between saving 2 groups of people (he couldnt investigate a burning building and save people from almost dying due to a collapsing elevator so he asked a cop if anyone was in there and the said no, but it turns out a woman was in there and had major burns so she tries to sue him.)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>145468442
the clipper making her write to not commit adultry 1000 times is kinda hot
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
bumping for some wally goodness although to be honest im mostly only familiar with the waid stuff
>>
>>
>>145467295
i barely speak to my mother. i probably should
>>
>>
>>145470074
honestly I love Baron's and Loebs' as well. Worth reading for sure.
>>
>>145470093
jeez i wonder if this is what us NEETs look like to normalfags
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
thank you based op
>>
>>
>>
>>145471908
thanks for the bump anon.
>>
>>
Last one before limit!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>145471976
thanks bob
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>145471976
love it... enjoying these old flash stories is good stuff. alot more entertaining than I realized.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
That's it for now! Any and all bumps appreciated for other readers, otherwise we'll continue the run next thread!
>>
>>145472267
Thanks a ton for posting all this. Really helped me pass some time tonight and made me realize I need to go check out 80s/90s flash and see more of his story
>>
>>145472358
np anon. honestly one of my favorite things about Wally is from Baron to Johns' he just had solid run after solid run.
>>
Hartley is best boy
>>
I somehow missed thread #3.
>>
We're up to the point where the Messner-Loebs run is starting to get good. From this point on the entire series is mostly excellent for a long time.
>>
>>145467512
>>145467766
this is wally west as peter parker
>>
>>145467512
You think Wally's bad here, you should read Justice League Europe. He and Crimson Fox basically had a competition to see who is the most annoying sex pest.
>>
>>145467512
Pre-Waid Wally was ALWAYS very blunt. That was one of the defining aspects of his personality. Waid just dropped that out of nowhere and no one after him ever attempted to bring it back.
>>
>>145467766
>>145467512
He's more normal, more human, more relatable in his early decades than what people are used to now.
>>
>>145475413

He's also only like 19 or so during all this
>>
>>145475295
He started getting more tactful late into Loebs run and early Waid stayed fairly consistent with Loebs characterization.
>>
>>145470074
Waid's great, but I prefer Loebs. More grounded and a more fun supporting cast.
>>
>>145476618
What Waid did with the speedsters was pure gold and I don't think Messner-Loebs came close to topping that, but I'll admit that ML wrote Wally himself better.
>>
>>145474772
Peeg HAAAAATED Wally for his douchery in that book and I wish they could've continued that. We need more heroes hating other heroes for petty reasons.
>>
Is this the greatest single volume of an in-universe ongoing monthly superhero comic that DC ever published?
>>
>>145479127
Probably
You can read it from issue 1 to 250 so problems, and while Baron's character was rough and Waid's second run was mediocre, none of it was truly BAD in the way Bart's run or Van Jesen/Venditti's run were
>>
>>145479760
*no problems
and technically 247 but whatever
>>
>>145479127
Easily the most consistent single volume of an ongoing superhero comic hero. You can read from issue one to 247 with little to no major dip in quality or inconsistencies in characterization.
>>
>>145479127
In-continuity AND ongoing? I can't think of anything better that fits both of those criteria.
>>
>>145479127
I'm going with 2nd. Ostrander's Suicide Squad is 1st for me personally (plus it never really falls off, unlike this after Johns leaves). Although I will say that this being good for like 20 straight years is a more impressive accomplishment.
>>
>>145479127
I hope not. This never really gets good.
>>
>>145480444
Ostrander is the only good SS run.
>>
Crap.
>>
>>145467111
>Barbara loves Karl!
heh
>>
>>145467111
Thanks
>>
>>145481716
Faggot
>>
bump
>>
bump
>>
>>145467111
who's wally?
>>
>>145467111
Wally western
>>
>>145483538
Beside the point.
>>
>>145492290
No it's the whole point. Suicide Squad is complete ass other than Ostrander but the worst this entire 247 issue volume got was mediocre and questionable post-reboot-characterization.

Only thing that's comparable is Claremont UXM and Daredevil.
>>
>>145492489
But the Ostrander volume of Suicide Squad doesn't have any other writers, so it's a moot point.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.