[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: miss me with that snap.jpg (404 KB, 2048x1070)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>character is mildly rude / bigoted
>somehow worse than villain who kills thousands
Why?
>>
>>145504725
Leftards have infested animation and comics. And this board.
>>
>>145504725
Humans are irrational, emotional beings
>>
File: kevin.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>145504780
In SU Kevin hits on a girl who doesn't feel the same way, and Steven is more uncomfortable around him than the Diamonds who have bodycounts in the billions and have tortured thousands more
>>
>>145504725
There's usually some understandable reason to the villains' malice ie. Improving their wealth / social status, vengeance against some slight perceived or otherwise, saving a loved one etc.

99% of the time there is no reason to be churlish. The antagonist is doing it simply because.
>>
File: download.png (211 KB, 500x500)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
Because women don't owe you anything, chud

And most of these shows are written by Californian women in their 20s, who haven't had any life experiences more traumatic than a man flirting with them unprompted, or any difficult life experiences in general.
So they'll have the womanizers be worse than murderers, because it's the only type of uncomfortable situation they've been in.
>>
>>145504725
Because it's normal. Not "acceptable" or "moral", but "normal".
A villain that kills thousands is both a clear and definitive threat, and an outlier among the general populace. Anyone could be a bigot. A normal, everyday person could value others negativity for an arbitrary reason. It's a societal threat that is easily missed or masked, and one that becomes more and more dangerous with each bad person.
A tiger escaping from a zoo and mauling people is an extraordinary event, but the 0.01% of mosquito bites that transmit diseases kill or otherwise harm a FAR greater number of people.
>>
>>145504725
Wasn't he just a typical teenage male? Surprised /co/ didn't flock to him harder or the blonde knight guy
>>
The same reason Skyler White gets more hate in Breaking Bad than narco dons who skin people alive.

People relate more to the nagging wife than the OTT bad guy
>>
>>145505216
Because nobody actually watched High Guardian Spice besides yurifags or solo-girl fans. Why would they need to attach to a guy character
>>
>>145504725
>>145504861
That's because these shows are written by people who have never known real struggle nor seen what genuine evil looks like, as >>145505093 explains. >>145505196 is an example of the excuses these people tell themselves to fabricate substance in what is ultimately a sheltered life.
>>
>>145505196
It's more about why are they portrayed that way in a narrative sense.
Yes, everyone knows statistically that you're more likely to experience general harassment over attempted murder, but it seems like poor writing ability if you can't convey heavier crimes/deeds with the appropriate weight.
>>
>>145504861
women are so deathly afraid of the world around them that someone desiring something from them is scarier than something bad being downright done to them
because the later completely makes them a victim and removes any responsibility from them, whereas the former requires them to act on their own agency
>>
>>145505544
I guess it's a cheap way to show the juvenile audience that evil isn't something grand, it's literally around the corner.
That, or cartoon creators are male-hating, propaganda filled feminazis that perceive every man as a rapist-to-be, just like nazis did Jews or Russians do Americans.
>>
>>145504861
Inorganic aliens aren't real. Guys like Kevin are a dime a dozen
>>
>>145504725
Villains are cool, normie assholes are not
>>
>>145504861
Hey when given absolute power over White Diamond by her Steven immediately starts wanting to torture her.

He just hides all his repressed trauma about them till he explodes and becomes a Kaiju.
>>
>>145505299
I never met a mass murderer and can understand that is more dangerous than someone asking me for something and pressing on when I say no. Do they not know how to make hypotheticals?
>>
>>145505058
>simply because
Biology, psychology, wants? Then that is a reason. Im sure you can find many portrayals of bad relationships or interactions where the writer explains both sides. I bet so especially if the two people are gays or lesbians.
>>
>>145504725
People are less intimidated by a violent miscreant than a tyrannical dictator. Thus, they are more comfortable expressing disgust and ridicule toward the former than the latter, even if they are both fictional and no consequences exist in either case.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.