[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7575.jpg (277 KB, 639x938)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
Just wondering. They use celebrity faces quite a lot in comics as models for characters. Tom Cruise was the model artists used for Tony stark for a few years for example

Samuel L Jackson was literally Ultimate Nick fury way back in the start of the ultimate universe.

Synergy often just means making characters look more similar visually to whoever is playing them currently. Or is famous as them. Christopher Reeve superman for example to this day has his face almost traced to still be superman

So my question is… why did no artists ever draw wolverines face to look more like Hugh Jackman?

He looks VERY different to Jackman in comics in all the appearances I’ve seen him in. Even though he made the character so much more popular

I’m not talking about making him taller, just seems bizarre they didn’t give him Jackmans facial features. He just looks like a rugged square jawed man usually instead
>>
>>145514041
terrible art
>>
>>145514041
How do they get away with so clearly profiting off of the celeb's likeness? Aren't there laws about that?
>>
>>145515232

The rumor/joke I heard for years is Sam Jackson let them based Ultimate Fury on him in exchange for being guaranteed the role in a movie
>>
>>145514041
You only listed one example in which a character is drawn to look like their live-action counterpart.
>>
>I want comics to be more like the movies
Holy shit you suck
>>
>>145514041
Probably because that would only appeal to actual retards
>>
>>145514041
Wolverine's comic book face is among the most characterful.
>>
>>145514041
Norman Osborn looked like Tommy Lee Jones for a bit
>>
File: RCO018_1663970843.jpg (1.94 MB, 1988x3044)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>145514041
For me, it's the first issue of Punisher: Born where Frank is blatantly drawn as a young Marlon Brando for some reason.
Darrick Robertson tones it down after that issue, but it's still really jarring.
>>
>>145515251
it's the opposite

millar based his fury on sam jackson, hoping he'd hear about it and want in

and that's eventually what did happen

he also wanted depp for stark but didn't win that kek

cruise for tony was off and on tied to the casting pre marvel studios in the 2000s
>>
>>145515232
I personally am against likeness being copyrighted.
>>
>>145522832
B a s e d

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.