[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Hunger.jpg (1.74 MB, 2828x1414)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
Which of these overexploited franchises had the worst decline?
>>
Ice Age
>>
Ice Age 2 was the first truly bad CGI movie by a major animation studio.
>>
>>145522257
Hotel Transylvania, the first one was fun and stuff but the second one was pure shit, 3 was even worse and 4 is just repulsive, literally nothing good about that fucking movie
>>
Shrek, because the first movie is among the best animation movies ever made.
>>
Cars
>>
>>145522476
They made four of those? Fuck sake.
>>
>>145522257
Toy Story.
Ice Age, Despicable Me, and Hotel Transylvania were never anything more than 7/10s, them turning into slop wasn't the worst thing in the world. Toy Story 1-3 were timeless masterpieces that were followed up by two trashfires and another one that's shaping up to be even worse.
>>
>>145522257
Ice Age had aliens.
/thread
>>
>>145522585
Yes, and it got worse with every sequel, which is impressive after 2
>>
>>145522375
>Shark Tale
>>
File: they hated him.jpg (73 KB, 447x447)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>145522257
Star Wars, Marvel, Frozen, Pixar as a whole
>>
>>145522567
>>145522576
>>145523228
>which of these
>>
>>145522257
ice age. its the only one where the first had actual SOVL in it.
>>
>>145523544
It was great, but I think 3 (better than 2 btw) was still worth watching while Hotel Transylvania was pure shit since 2
>>
>>145523064
It's just average
>>
>>145522257
Ice age
>>
File: iceage_II_concepts.png (1.21 MB, 1152x570)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
Why do people think Ice Age 2 was bad? Genuinely. Okay the possums were annoying and obnoxious, but the rest of the movie seemed fine to me, it's well written and emotional, tons of memorable scenes. I don't think Ice Age got truly bad until the 4th movie. Yeah, I think the 3rd movie was decent. Buck being a brilliant satire of the Sherlock Holmes-like "method to madness" and Captain Jack Sparrow-like cunning survivor and charming rogue archetypes and his backstory being a stunningly animated nod to Moby Dick aside, the character dynamics in it were really fun, Manny and Diego being bros, Manny and Ellie being expectant parents, Sid and the rexes being a family, not to mention Scrat and his wife (and the homewrecker acorn lol), it was all really funny, sweet and relatable. The baby was also right at the end so she didn't overstay her welcome as saccharine cute marketing fodder. It felt like a nice end to the franchise. Maybe you could say it's stupid how Ellie went from being literally delusional to being the voice of reason keeping the silly boys in check, but I never see anyone say that, just that the movie is shit.

I wish more people expanded on their opinions instead of just saying something is shit. Hell, I'll probably get called an obsessed Ice Age sperg or something just for not making a throwaway one liner about the movies being good.
>>
Ice Age 1 and 3 are the only decent ones
>>
Ice Age 3 was definitely better than 2
>>
File: buck.png (263 KB, 612x341)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
Can anyone explain to someone who doesn't know how animation works why TV shows look worse than movies?
>>
>>145528964
TV medias do not receive the same quality and treatment as a theatrical release, just like straight-to-dvd releases. This is because they're done under a shorter budget / development cycle.
>>
>>145528964
Because they're cheaper
>>
File: 1656346221945.jpg (44 KB, 545x531)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>145527017
I think people's frustrations with Ice Age 2 primarily lie with how much it pales in comparison to its predecessor, but you can't deny it also suffered from some of the more obnoxious tendencies that started plaguing CG family films in the mid-2000s. Still leaps better than what's come of Despicable Me and Hotel Transylvania's latest entries, though.
>>
>>145522257
The original Ice Age was one of the many old animated films I had on VHS that I watched a lot growing up. Like was so used to how dark and dramatic it was so the more they came out with the sequels, the more I became aware the spirit of he first film just vanished. It’s just as jarring as the change in tone with those DTV sequels to The Brave Little Toaster and The Land Before Time. (Which were also VHS movies I had growing up)
>>
>>145522257
Who asked for an ice age sequel? Do kids even still care/know about this franchise?
>>
>>145522257
Hotel Transylvania no doubt
Ice Age's decline was more stead and it still had some good moments in the sequels
Despicable Me was always shit so it had no decline at all.
>>
>>145522257
Despicable because unlike Ice Age and Hotel Transylvania? Despicable gave rise to a successful spin off series Minions. So the same property has two series of theatrical movies.

And Despicable and Minions are both shit. Hate the normies who keep buying these retarded shit movies and their merchandise.
>>
>>145522257
Hotel Transylvania. Every movie after 2 was absolute shit and made dracula look like a dickhead and johnny look like a retard.
>>
>>145536371
But Dracula is supposed to be a dickhead and Johnny is supposed to be a retard?
>>
>>145522811
>Toy Story 1-3 were timeless masterpieces that were followed up by two trashfires
I know that Toy Story 4 was shit, but that's the second one?
>>
>>145536815
He probably means Lightyear

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.