[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dd9.jpg (133 KB, 1026x607)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Why do so many animated movies have an obligatory argument scene?

You'll have two characters who get along relatively fine, then boom, all of a sudden they hate each other's guts just for some cheap drama.
It's the most obnoxious shit ever.
>>
To move the plot
>>
>>145533685
Its the liar revealed trope. Noone likes it.
>>
>>145533685
Exposition tells the audience what is going on, in the least amount of time. in the grand theme of story telling, movies are really quite short.
>>
>>145533685
Third act misunderstanding
>>
>>145533685
Social conditioning. Have to train the audience not to think that arguments actually do or mean anything.
>>
>>145533685
>Product made for children under 11
I think that answers your question for you.
>>
>>145534074
>because the bad writing wills it.
Because their species is going extinct and humans have introduced them just like in real life for the sake of perserving said species, and we get to see them as "people" in the movie dealing with that concept to some degree.

Not that it mattered since the real life species they're based on died out.
>>
>>145533685
>Why do so many animated movies have an obligatory argument scene?
people dont always agree

>
You'll have two characters who get along relatively fine, then boom, all of a sudden they hate each other's guts just for some cheap drama.
do you expect a movie to just be two people getting along with no problems?
>>
>>145534074
I don't see you getting bitches on your dick in a movies runtime or getting bird oc wife's/girlfriends cause the Spanish community thinks your wife is a cunt
>>
>>145534398
>do you expect a movie to just be two people getting along with no problems?
It would be nice to see a movie manage to have a dillema to solve that didn't rely on the protagonists having a third act breakup/dramatic argument for the sake of stalling and forced engagement from the audience. Just have them be on the same page and work together. Not really that hard and there's plenty of shit to do still.
>>
>>145534458
the third act is the literal best time to have an argument, so that resolving it means they have no issues moving into the final battle
>>
>>145534468
So? I didn't say it was poorly timed, no shit it comes after most of a movie of interactions and is used before the climax, I just said I'm tired of it being an inevitability so fucking often due to formulaic writing crutches. Try harder and come up with other shit to do in your movie than that.
>>
>>145534523
>So?
there is really nothing wrong with a third act argument
inter-character conflict is necessary and just before the last act of the movie is the best place to have a big one
>>
OP is autistic and traumatized by that one time mommy and daddy had an argument.
>>
>>145534045
>>145534161
Both of you are retards
>>
>>145533814
Huh? No? The example OP posted isn't
>>
>>145533685
>>145533814
>>145533875
it is called "the character at his lowest point" trope
it is usually in the end of the 2rd act and it does include misunderstanding, lying being exposed, etc
the point is to show how much the work the character put on his quest drained him or to show the character facing adversity, but the lesson is that he put extra effort and overcome the obstacle.
from what I know, it comes from old, old, old, oooold school media, like theater and opera it is outdated and it is, (in my humble opinion) one of the many reasons cinema is dying.
we can see it coming a mile away, and in real life, working harder won't make your problems magically go away.
>>
File: sad-emote.gif (71 KB, 220x124)
71 KB
71 KB GIF
>>145537569
oh, fuck
I'm not "guy", btw. I just put that name there to mock him and forgot about it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.