[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: magic.png (714 KB, 828x827)
714 KB
714 KB PNG
>trying to adapt a western trading card game into a mainstream animated show
Will it work?
>>
>>145534733
No.
>>
>>145534733
Yes
>>
>>145534733
They have a series of books and decades of lore.
>>
>>145534733
It it worked with yu-gi-oh then it shold be okay
>>
>>145534733
If a ccg works in a storyline that's more than surface level worldbuilding, sure. Like if they made it about the crew of the Weatherlight or something, rather than some bleak epic about the fall of Mirroden or something.
>>
MTG lore has been garbage for years and they only revisit the good lore when they need to dig up its corpse to fuck some more money out of it. My guess is they'll try to make Arcane on a Kappa Mikey budget, with predictable results.
>>
>>145534733
Unfortunately it's going to suck and be pozzed but there is a lot of good source material in Magic that will be ignored
>>
>>145534848
>Is that a woman?
>Is that a person of color?
>Is that not a straight white man?!
>NOOOOOO ITS POZZEDD
>>
>>145534733
I was really hyped for an MTG show like 14 years ago, but at the current state I don't fucking want it anymore. Here's the reasons:
>pussied out lore where noone dies anymore
>completely about planeswalkers and as diverse as possible. If Ral Zarek is in it, half of the novel will be how horny he is for men.
>irrelevant as fuck, easily solved conflict. The invasion of the multiverse felt more harmless than Yawgmoth genociding his own people.
>interesting storylines long over, surely won't be used in the show.
>stopped caring about any character because the old ones got stale and the new ones are boring.
>MTG sets look like Fortnite know. I got that claim from a video but looking at Karlov Manor and Duskmourn, its very true.

The best stories to adapt would be something from the Weatherlight cycle, or Odyssey, but they love their LGTBQ, diverse and physically and mentally retarded planeswalker cast too much to ignore them.
>>
post mimi
>>
File: 1710709972908242.jpg (256 KB, 554x972)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>
>>145534904
Thats another thing, them and their boring ass humans in a universe where even a friggin insect became a planeswalker.
>>
they cancelled this thing.
>>
>>145534733
Worked with Arcane. All you need is lore
>>
>>145535613
They have a shitton of lore, it's just that it hasn't been good since War of the Spark.
>>
>>145535684
Arcane started with square one. I know it's not the exact same comparison but the game itself wasn't story driven so the general idea that you can take some bones and make something else is there
>>
>>145534733
It’ll get cancelled just like the movie
>>
>>145534733
No from the pic seems like they're going to do the jacetice league shit so it will fail horribly.
>>
>>145534733
they just cancelled this shit lmao

the studio working on it got nothing done and they spent tons of fucking money on nothing by the way. netflix's spending back then on animated series was so fucking misguided, they poured buckets of money into random development projects without ever checking in
>>
>>145534758
Yu-Gi-Oh was a series before it was a game, the game is introduced after a couple of arcs in the manga.
>>
>>145534848
>>145534889
this
>>
>>145534904
>Complain about humanoid PW
>>b-but we have a dryad (wood human), Golem (metal human), merfolk (blue human with fins), Gorgon (snek hair human), elf (pointy ears human), Vampire (pale human), werewolf (human by day), Vedalken (blue human without fins), Kor (chalk white human), Moonfolk (kabuki human), Cyborg (who?), devil (red horned human) and Ashiok (faceless humanoid)
Wow, that's... Maybe you should try something that doesn't have two arms, two legs, a torso and a head before listing non-humanoid planeswalkers.
Thank god Grist is here.
>>
>>145535759
lmao seriously?
>>
>the Jacetice league
Here we go again
No survivors
>>
>>145535365
I hope so, I can't stomach them race mixing another pretty female white girl. cancel pls don't go to wokeflix
>>
I'd just take an adaptation of Jeff Grubb's book about the Brothers' War. I'd even take an official audiobook.
>>
>>145534733
It could work, Arcane proves that you can adapt the shittiest games and still make something good out of it. Magic lore actually has far more potential and cool stuff to work off of to League of Legends, so if they do it right this could be great.
Of course, Arcane worked because it had great writing and great animation. We will have to wait and see if this Magic show is anywhere close to that level of quality. The showrunner Terry Matalas is the guy who fixed Star Trek: Picard, so I have some hope.
>>
>>145535875
Ain't happening, at best we'll get Karn or Teferi recapping it in an episode set on Dominaria.
>>
>>145534758
Yugioh's card game was made as part of the existing mystery/adventure that the already existing story was telling. It was a story that spawned a card game, whereas MTG is a card game looking to tell a story.
>>145534904
>We need HUMANS for our TEST MARKET to RELATE. You can't RELATE with non-human characters!
Can it just be okay to tell people they're too retarded to deserve media? Human audience inserts for fantastical stories should not be a necessity. If you need an overweight 4'6" Peruvian woman to enjoy a story because you are one and lack the theory of mind to enjoy a story from a character perspective that isn't your own, maybe you're dumb and don't deserve a story.
>>
File: Kellan, the Kid (OTJ).jpg (418 KB, 1200x900)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
>>145535780
>>145534889
I mean, I'm not even anti-woke, but I hate reading all that daily soap lore which is about nothing except same-gender characters fucking which I simply can't relate to, and don't give a shit about in a fantasy universe which once started with bad guys destroying entire races and people, and epic quests to find superweapons.

It's so bad that, ironically, their Warhammer 40k decks got me hooked on Warhammer lore WAY more than MTG lore, to the point I stopped reading up the MTG lore. The Omenpath arc alone is one of the shittiest ideas ever. So they can make non-planeswalker legends appear on any plane ever, and what do they do? Make all fucking stories about Tyvar and Kellan (pic related).
Those are the most generic guys of all times! Also they have any fantasy creatures imaginable but its mostly about humans and now they slap pastel hair on them as if they're some fucking Youtubers. Why not just make up an entire race with blue hair, stop annoying me with fucking humans! Duskmourn is a set based on horror movies and they barely due shit with it or reverence anything, but now we live with the fact that regular ass chainsaws, baseball bats, cheerleaders and football players exist in the MTG universe.

They have no love about their own love either, it's just some articles from the website slapped together into a storyline, while Warhammer constantly throws shit at me like 2 Orcs destroying a ridiculously huge mech by crashing a car right into it, or some asshole building a castle out of the corpses of his war crime victims, or some guy getting cloned by being unbirthed into an artificial demon womb implanted into a captured human female.

Everything is fucking violent and disgusting, everyone is just canon fodder doing the most epic shit CONSTANTLY.
>>
>>145534733
>>145535698
Lets break down the various stories they can draw from and how likely they will be
>Pre-Revision
Not-Cannon and was before Wizards did their lore in-house
>Jodah storyline
To old and not important but would otherwise be perfect for a three season introductory show.
>Legends
Who?
>Artifacts Cycle
Best stories in magic but so tied into the Weatherlight Saga to do on its own and two big to do both together in any reasonable frame. Also to much eugenics later of not nextlfix to feel comfortable with it
>Weatherlight Saga
The Iconic Magic storyline of the 90s bit suffers from the same issues as Artifacts
>Mirrari Saga
To reliant on the baggage of past stories to truly stand on its own and major aspects of it such as the Cephalid's have been soft removed from the game so I don't imagine them as a major faction would be appreciated
>Post 8th edition one-off cycles
All really good but to standalone and based around their planes to sell Magic The Brand
>Time Spiral
Literally Callback the Story is also a capstone is all the stuff before it
>Post-Mending, Pre-Origins
Solid point to start featuring the introduction of the main cast for most future stories. Suffers from being a lot and having a ping pong narrative structure with two groups of heroes that never really interact.
>Origins
One of the most likely starting points. Big unique point against it is that the initial version of the project that was in dev hell was based around it and the story has since moved on.
>New-Pyrexian Invasion
Relies way to much on past history is basically a second arc that follows up Origins
>Omenpath Saga
Most Recent and most likely for synergy's sake, the picture of Chandra and Ajani as the key art points to a follow up of the IDW content where they become friends.

I dread this last one because its just a worse starting point than Origins.
Best case scenario they adapt the Origins 5 Origin stories and then go into Agents of Artifice and the Post-Mending Era as the start
>>
>>145534733
God damn it. They're using Beyer's fursona as the MC.
>>
>>145534867
Some people draw the line at brown people, gay people, women, and anything that isn't one of two specific genders in their high fantasy world where anything is possible.
>>
>>145535966
>Can it just be okay to tell people they're too retarded to deserve media?

It's so fucking boring. Reading about non-human characters and their culture is even more interesting. Nicol Bolas was interesting and he wasn't a human.
I'd unironically read a fucking novel about the planeswalker Grist, just to learn about how his insect instincts see the world around him, and how he acts according to it.
>>
>>145534867
Magic had based black dudes since Timestreams any everyone was fine with them. It first real character of issue was Kaya who is every "Sassy Black Women" Stereotype in one combined with being the "Kill Important Background Character Here" narrative tool with no consequence.
Characters should suffer for their strength and when they do something wrong they should be mentally and physically punished for doing so as penance. It is the refusal to make the modern crop of characters struggle and break for their victories on account of them being afraid to for instance depict a black women being harmed.
>>
>>145535995
Lorwyn lore would be such a chill show.
>>
>>145536015
Ironically Beyer is one of the people I trust the most out of the modern era of wizards story staff, purely because he was around before thing got so bad and made Alara which was a masterclass in Ludomechanical Worldbuilding in the span of like a year of dev time.
>>
>>145536020
Dude that's not even the problem. The problem starts when half of the novel about an epic conflict where a fucking dragon attempts to invade the multiverse's largest city is about an unimportant side character constantly fucking his fuckbuddy, and other characters constantly crushing about same-sex characters, and there's not a single fucking straight relationship in it, so it's like you're reading gay ass fapfiction.

If you can endure that, good for you. I fucking hate that, and it's not like MTG throws out novels all the time so I have a choice, unlike Gamesworkshop.
>>
>>145535834
yeah, they've gone through three showrunners. i know a guy who worked as an independent contractor. development was fucked and never went anywhere at bardel
>>
>>145536020
>>145536177
Another example: You have like black people in asian settings, within a multiverse where it was basically impossible for a non-planeswalker from another plane to get there and diversify the gene pool. Kamigawa didn't have white people either, so why the fuck are black people suddenly there? Sometimes it doesn't make sense with the established rules, fantasy or not.

I can buy black people living on an entire plane covered in ice and snow even though thats nonsense in an evolutionary sense, but not in friggin Kamigawa.
>>
Maybe if they make Liliana really hot.
>>
File: nuMTG.jpg (10 KB, 179x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>145534867
Unironically yes. Pozzed nu-MTG + pozzed Netflix show producers= 200% turbo nigger show.
>>
>>145534733
>trying to adapt a western trading card game into a mainstream animated show
I think they will try to adapt THE LORE of the trading card game. It is not the same.
But just to give some examples. We had some /co/ adaptations of card games.

The best of all:
Kaijudo

It had some good things:
Huntik
Chaotic

Awful:
Redakai
Gormiti

It is almost like a card game if you think about it hard enough:
Slugterra
>>
>>145534733
everything for the last 10 years has been the same woke, anti white male message, why should this be any good?
>>
>>145534733
>YU-GI-OH but gay
Hard pass
>>
>>145534753
Problem with Magic is there's so much disconnected lore since it literally takes place across multiple planets/settings so they pretty much have to choose what era to appeal to.
Logically it's gonna be what they are currently promoting. Which I have absolutely no connection to or nostalgia with.
>>
>>145537305
I thought Gormiti were like the Italian equivalent to M.U.S.C.L.E. trading figures.
I assume a card game would be a later byproduct.
>>
>>145536910
>>145534867
If you want to get annoyed with diversity, nu-MTG has absolutely everything for you.
>closeted lesbian or bi human planeswalker crushing on lesbian elf planeswalker
>at least two openly lesbian planeswalkers
>planeswalker whose on a personal quest to fuck all weird races he finds, like a Gorgon who was a victim of racism.
>gay planeswalker who can't stop inner monologing how fucking gay he is.
>straight swashbuckling comic protagonist instantly dies without a fight in a major conflict.
>straight female planeswalker has all her lovers getting killed.
>planeswalker in a wheelchair.
>planeswalker with a planeswalking disability.
>a lore protagonist with ADHD in Bloomburrow.
>a setting with a preachy environmentalist lore has its human settlements constantly destroyed by the creatures they protect, and the black protagonist considers human life unworthy.
>two planeswalkers made just for the Chinese market and their representation in the lore.
>two nonbinary planeswalkers.
>a transgender cowboy in Thunder Junction.
>an autistic girl who's gotten more important recently even though she's boring.

Also noone in this entire multiverse is a homophobe or is biased in any way. Racism is reduced to tragic backstories, while until some point, races not liking each other was the most used base for conflict (like the Elves not liking the Goblins for being dirty and primal).
Also, several cards were banned so hard for racist imagery that even MTG search engines won't find them, and "Tribal Enchantment" was renamed to "Kindred Enchantment" to the point that you can't search for "Tribal Enchantment" anymore on MTG search engines.
>>
>>145537438
I might add, prejudice between races made it WAY more interesting when they bonded over the same quest or a mutual enemy.
>>
>>145534733
Who will be the initial villains, Nicol Bolas, the Eldrazi, or the Phyrexians?
>>
>>145534733
Will it work? No. Could it work? In theory, yes.
>>
>>145534733
It's going to be the most pozzed shit you'll ever see. None of the fun edgy stuff from the 90s. There'll be so much diversity you'll weep at how creatively bankrupt it is.
>>
File: plot.jpg (130 KB, 672x936)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>145534733
It could. The art is great on the cards and the lore is deep. Too bad they won't pay attention to either of those
So what's the story? Ignore established chacters or turn them into cucks, enforce sexual confusion onto an established character while race swapping them (genderswap if the character was male)

I imagine gay angels being the main focus and there will be a jesters cap in the background or something. Maybe some quips about being tapped. Now if this was being made in the late 90s.... good god what we could've had.
>>
>>145537336
Go look up GX.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (147 KB, 591x428)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>145534753
>They have a series of books and decades of lore.
You have way too much faith in WotC.

All the lore will be ignored for some new black troon Mary Sue planeswalker.
>>
>>145534733
It'll probably be something focused on the lore, so Timmy and his EDH pals might watch it.
I know things weren't good for this hobby before covid, but goddamn I miss going my locals to play modern. I miss all my old buddies and going out to Waffle House after making top 8 with them. Those are my good memories of this game, not dashing Ragavan for the 80th time in one night.
>>
File: 1687020611910889.jpg (69 KB, 828x922)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>145538705
>showrunners will be well versed in the lore
>>
>>145538441
>Ignore established chacters or turn them into cucks
They don't need to ignore established characters since they already have gay established characters like Chandra and Ral (in your pic) and they don't need to genderswap or raceswap anyone since they already have enough establish women and POCs like Kaya or Teferi.
>>
File: 1686855400342884.jpg (40 KB, 602x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>145534733
>Will it work?
Don't know, don't care, won't watch.
>>
I like the game itself but I stopped caring about the lore when I realized how totally separated the different story arcs are. Even the one persistent element of the stories, Planeswalkers, vary completely in how they are used, how often they are used and what they are capable of from year to year.
Some people are going to remember it as a very Tolkien-esqye series. Some people are going to remember things taking a more interesting turn with zombie cyborgs. Some people are going to remember the sci-fi planet or the Japanese mythology and lovecraft inspired settings.
Hell, people today probably just think of it primarily as an IP mashup.
It's hard to believe there's writers at this point that are genuinely invested in that settings/lore itself. Cause there's barely even fans that are.
>>
>>145538732
Yeah you're right I guess we know who the main characters are already. What's the name of two lady goblins at the wedding there? They'll probably be the comic relief.
>>
File: 1697543320855045.png (1.02 MB, 1200x774)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
trannies and /co/mblr will love it lmao so expect the axe after the first season
>>
>>145534733
What planes should we expect? Dominaria and Ravnica are probably a given. But I'd also lie to see Innistrad (spooky), Theros (Greek mythology), Kamigawa (Japanese cyberpunk mixed with traditionalism), New Capenna (1920s New York run by the demon mafia), Ixalan (Aztecs riding dinosaurs, pirates, and vampire conquistadors) and Bloomburrow (furries).
>>
>>145535759
It used to be cancelled.
They brought it back with a new showrunner
>The long-gestating “Magic: The Gathering” animated series at Netflix is moving forward with a new showrunner.
>Terry Matalas is now set as the series’ showrunner, as revealed during Netflix’s annual Geeked Week event. The new take on the series is now in production. The show is produced in partnership with Hasbro Entertainment and Wizards of the Coast. Plot details for the new iteration are being kept under wraps.
>>
Yugioh worked because it was fun with interesting characters that unfolded a mystery over time. MtG, from what I gather, is another one of those series that has gone full retard from dragon cards to men identifying as women cards. If they go into this with the whiteboard list of to do and the top of the list is inclusivity, it will never work.
>>
>>145534733
why does every franchise that is mostly played and enjoyed by white have to have a cartoon about a girlboss strong wyman or a black guy with white guys only being depicted as weaklings or bad guys.
i don't know a single action animated show or movie form the last 15 years that has a heroic white male lead
>>
>>145539552
Yugioh is about people playing the game competively but also everyone is really bad at it
I don't think anyone would watch a show about a bunch of Spikes at GP all playing the same deck.
>>
>>145539423
Since Chandra is a main character we should also expect Kaladesh, which I guess would look cool in animation with its unique "aetherpunk" aesthetics. I always liked the original trailer.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRHvARONqzk
>>
>>145534867
>how dare white man want a sinlge show about them for a chance
>it has to be about a strong wyman and negro again like all the other times
>>
>>145534867
I’m a straight white man, why the fuck do do I want to get invested in the story of some black lesbian? That’s the truth of the whining you’re mocking, anon. The stories don’t click with people because none of the characters are relatable. I’m sure there’s somebody in the fandom who really understands the struggle of a bisexual teen coming out of a situationship, but that’s not me. There’s nothing left for people like me in MtG, and while I would admit the real thing I want are good stories and solid stakes, the recent arcs have shown that’s just not going to happen.
>>
>>145539005
Remember all the cheating that took place with remote duels?
>>
>>145539605
X-Men '97?
Invincible?
My Adventures with Superman?
>>
>>145539637
>go to youtube page
>type in cinematic
>not a single cinematic has a white male hero
lol
>>
>>145536142
You screamin' into the wind fella. These Redditors and Discord tranny's aren't interested in the rational for our justifiable distain of modern race and gender grievance tropes. They just want to own the chuds by being brick walls and pretending to not know what Woke means
>>
If its people playing the game, then yeah. They did it once before.

It turned into Duel Masters.
>>
>>145537438
>>a setting with a preachy environmentalist lore has its human settlements constantly destroyed by the creatures they protect, and the black protagonist considers human life unworthy.
>two planeswalkers made just for the Chinese market and their representation in the lore
QRD? Psychopathic environmental misanthropes are a guilt pleasure of mine.
>>
File: td2-42-plains.jpg (148 KB, 672x936)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
I would love to see Mirrodin adapted.
As far as stories go, it was one of the more interesting ones and I genuinely consider it one of the most fascinating fantasy settings.
WotC would never go with it though because it doesn't have Jace in it
>>
>>145539676
Shadows over Innistrad was narrated and features Jace.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GopkHUg2XCY
>>
>>145539730
Eight years ago.
>>
>>145539730
not a cinematic but a motion comic and also 8 years ago.
meanwhile every big cinematic has strong wyman being mary sues, the only white guys that make it in get killed or rescued by said strong wyman
>>
>>145539686
Yugioh works for how they made it in the anime since you can jam your deck with deck with 1-of's and pray for a miracle. In magic, you play with resources that take several turns to build and have the ability to call mulligan.
>>
File: ajani.jpg (651 KB, 1041x1600)
651 KB
651 KB JPG
>>145534733
>ajani and chandra
nice
probably centered around gatewatch
>>
>>145539667
>invincible
made asian, with 99% of all white mal heroes form the comics
>x-men 97
whiute men constantly get rescued or beaten up by woman, meanwhile women never need help from white men ever
>my adventure wiht superman
clark is written like a manchidl and idiot whoa lso constantly has to be resuced or told what to do by women and also constantly loses fight to them, shwo also goes out of its way to intredue supergirl who is tougher and smarter then him and also now a race mixer. while clark gets constatnly sexually exploited all female characters are flat chested and had their look/outfit censored
>>
>>145539605
The irony is that the weakling white guys are usually the most loved character and get the most development over the course of the show.
>>
>>145539804
>made asian, with 99% of all white mal heroes form the comics
mean 99% of white male heros form the comics got either their gender or skin color changed or both.
>>
Urza and Big Yawg or no watch
>>
>>145539819
>>145539804
If you’ve seen the show, you’d also know like all of the on-screen side-relationships they show in MAWS are same-sex. Everybody either has two moms or two dads.
>>
>>145539665
How'd they manage that? Was it just two guys with their decks playing in front of their computers?
>>
>>145538776
Part of it is also that even lorewise, the story arcs frequently take place hundreds if not thousands of years apart from each other even when they're on the same plane. The exception being Ravnica, probably, that's the only plane that really seems to show any sort of sensible temporal continuity.
>>
>>145539874
Yep. Basically just playing over zoom. Lots of guys would have cards hidden under their mats and cheat them on to the board.
>>
>>145534733
There's always that manga about kids playing MTG.
>>
>>145539667
>X-Men '97?
you serious? white guys don't get to do anything cool in that
>>
>>145539910

Duel Masters.
>>
>>145539982
Nah, this one.
>>
>>145540043

Interesting...cute girl.
>>
>>145539904
Holy fuck that's retarded. Who the hell thought that was a good idea. Wait, never mind, it's obvious no one gave that shit a second thought.
I've heard tell that competitive MtG is fraught with cheating and disinterested refs and judges that let it slide. It doesn't surprise me for an instant that shit like this would go down.
>>
>>145534733
its gonna star the lesbian fire girl.
its gonna be lame AND gay.
>>
>>145540043
I just wanna say, that is a terrible title for a Manga. Only big MtG fans will get it, casual MtG fans won't even noticed it's MtG at a first glance because the words Magic: The Gathering are in a very small font on the bottom.
>>
>>145535613
Didn’t Arcane fuck with a lot of league lore? I have heard several people state that though I’m uncertain if it’s true or not considering I was never too into the lore and haven’t played the game in over a decade. Also haven’t watched Arcane so there’s that as well.
>>
>>145538628
GX was great. You shut your mouth.
>>
>>145534867
People don't care about characters being female or black. They care about characters being changed and writers pushing agendas. Your leaders know this, but they push this reducto absurdem argument to make their opponents seem like bigots. And you lap it up because you're an NPC.
>>
>>145541144
League's lore had been fucked with enough in the decade since its release that by the time Arcane came out, it was mostly consistent with the existing continuity.
The biggest changes I can think of would involve Warwick's backstory in particular, starting as a celestial entity who has a rivalry with soraka to just being a biomechanical experiment by Singed.
>>
>>145534733
Oh no.
>>
>>145541323
Oh, and the whole retcon of the very concept of a League of Legends, but that's been gone long enough at this point that it's almost not worth mentioning.
>>
>>145534733
>MTG series
>Not set during the Brother's War or War against Phyrexia
>Not set in Ravnica
>Not set in Bloomburrow
>>
>>145540999
It's probably meant to promote MtG in Japan rather than appeal to existing fans.
>>
>>145534733
They'll probably make a story starring Jace. God I hate that motherfucker so much. I wish you'd broken his nose too, Kaito
>>
>>145541685
Jace isn't the problem. The problem is that WoTC got too scared to ever kill off characters so no matter how bad things get you know everyone is coming out without a scratch
>>
>>145541381
Bloomburrow is good minus the part where the plot is The Kami War recycled, but it's not really representative of MtG.
>>
>>145541735
It would also just be RedWall at that point
>>
>>145538660
True
>>
>>145538660
They've already ignored the lore

>Phyrexians can have sparks now
>Compleation is no longer absolute
>Oil is now WiFi
>>
>>145537438
>planeswalker whose on a personal quest to fuck all weird races he finds, like a Gorgon who was a victim of racism.
ok this is bad but it's hilarious.
>>
>>145537438
>planeswalker with a planeswalking disability.
Kek
>>
>>145538190
>Nicol Bolas
Lol
>>
>>145538190
Bolas is trash.
Eldrazi are lame
And I don't trust them to do Phyrexia justice.
So, it's Baron Sengir
>>
>>145539717
Mirrodin could work because it was a quest to find the macguffins to stop a corrupted big bad and I would love it if I didn't know how it ends
>>
>>145539804
This
>>
>>145541971
Mirrodin or Kamigawa would be great
>>
>>145540043
Cute
>>
File: Spoiler Image (331 KB, 1197x799)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>145538190
Memnarch
>>
>>145541144
>Didn’t Arcane fuck with a lot of league lore?
It is a classic case of the retcon of the retcon
lol lore has changed completely ten times, with new map and everything.
>>
File: img_332.jpg (182 KB, 1080x825)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>145541685
>story starring Jace
hope they skip his bullshit with lili and go straight to evil snake pussy
>>
File: Ikora Contrast.png (2.5 MB, 1345x936)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
>>145539701
NTA but I assume anon is talking about Ikoria.
The gimmick of the plane is that all the animals on it are constantly evolving into like ottercats and shit. However a vast majority of these creatures are monstrous apex predators.
This had let to humanity (the last surviving sentient species on the plane) to bunker down in magically fortified settlements for protection (that the beasts outside routinely try to break into for purposes of predation) while sending squads of people (Generally more grizzled and unafraid to die types) out into the wilds to deal with dangerous threats and try and push back against the horrible nightmares that rule the planet.
However in the last few years a new group of humans called Bonders have been able to magically commune with these wild beasts and achieve magical symbiosis, but in turn have been exiled from the human settlements on account their affinity for the heavily unstable wild animals.

The city humans are treated as tragic but evil fascists, the men who try and reclaim the wild are pathetic poachers meant to be humorous monster fodder and the Bonders despite being a vast minority are the heroic figures trying to protect the wilds from the evil city people.

The Black Lady is Vivien a planeswalker from another world in the multiverse that only cares about big monsters who is presented as a moral high ground within the Ikoria story. She also became one of the flagship Big 5 characters for a while because black woman despite not doing anything of note in the overarching plot.
>>
>>145534733
It will be full of sodomites, miscegenation propaganda, hamfisted libtard amerimutt politics and "stunning and brave" girlbosses like anything Fagflix ever produced.
So no.
>>145534867
Yes.
And you will never be a woman you pozzed tranny faggot.
>>145536910
It's one thing to make your own putrid faggotry, but the fact that they got to rape Tolkien was an absolute tragedy.
>>
>>haven't bought any mtg in almost 20 years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGNHxIP3PIo
>buys all the cards in the set
>>
File: 1642494620323.jpg (242 KB, 720x1215)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>145541937
>That spoiler
>>
File: QWY2m5Mm.jpg (18 KB, 320x320)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>145538190
>>145539717
If they went the Phyrexian route, Mirrodin would honestly be a good starting point.
It segues pretty decently into AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS territory.
>>
>>145542275
Honestly, I was really hoping Strixhaven went the Old Phyrexia route. It would have been perfect for the plane with a repository of the multi-versal knowledge to have some old forbidden Phyrexian shenanigans like a Negator
>>
>>145540252
They were desperate to try something new for big events during covid. It's just that a lot of YGO's player base is either black or Latino.
Magic has had cases of cheating, like someone drawing 2 cards instead of 1 or marking the backs of sleeves, but never anything like that being done by so many people at once.
>>
>>145541189
I didn't say it wasn't, but you can't tell me you didn't think Jaden was gay
>>
>>145539526
yeah after three showrunners. third time's the charm, amirite?
>>
>>145534733
I'm a huge MtGfag
No, current wizards is beyond Creatively Bankrupt. No matter how much I may have enjoyed bloomburrow.
Then again Mid-ass Arcane is a huge hit so who knows what slop the normies will gorge on.
>>
>>145534753
Bold of you to assume they're gonna use any of it beyond cheap references
>>
>>145537438
>planeswalker in a wheelchair
You better not be talking about my man Daretti. He's fucking based.
>>
File: 1716257215111464.jpg (30 KB, 278x279)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>145540043
>2005 phone
>>
>>145542129
Between MtG and Rings of Power, we’ve lived long enough to recognize that The Hobbit was the least egregious thing that could’ve been done to Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>145543287
Hmmmm
Yeah I guess bloated mediocrity is less bad than actual asspull fanfic when you think about it.
>>
>>145540867
Wait, hold on… Chandra is gay? I thought that was a meme. I thought she had crushes on men.
>>
>>145534742
Yes
>>145534749
No.
>>
>>145542129
Tolkein is a fag and always has been. Baby's first fantasy series. He also hated his fans.
>>
>>145537438
>straight female planeswalker has all her lovers getting killed.
So now they do "fridging" in reverse
>>
>>145534753
That lore is problematic and written by straight, white chudcels. They need to go the Star Wars route, throw all the old, crap lore out (except the parts they pilfer(which will be like 90%)) and make a new, exciting, more diverse lore.
>>
>>145543395
Gamer we’ve been in full stereotype reversal for like a decade, now. Absurdly, I’d even argue it’s more fair now; the era between 2014 and 2018 was *nasty.*
>>
>>145543383
Disgusting tranny take
>>145543287
Yeah.
Hobbit looks like a magnum opus compared to amazon's boring globohomo generic high fantasy slop.
>>
>>145543287
The problem with the hobbit was they split a smaller single book into a 9 hour long trilogy, with tons of unnecessary padding as a result. Watch the single movie cut to understand what I mean.

Also, the tone is supposed to be more lightheaded than LOTR, but you can't since it came after those were adapted.
>>
File: magic story.png (150 KB, 1312x1298)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
It's slightly outdated, but here's a plot summary of Magic
>>
>>145534867
I'm glad you understand.
>>
>>145543865
Thanks
Part 1 is the stuff I like. I have since come around to some of the other planes, I think Ravnica is pretty cool actually. Maybe it's just because I like the mechanics of it with the ten guilds.
So many of the modern planes are just so corny and contrived though. People will think this post is just being funny but they really can be summed up with one word. I do like Bloomburrow aka Redwall world though
>>
>>145534733
20 bucks it totally focuses on Chandra, her love of munching carpet, and takes any good planeswalker and either makes them inept or ignored totally.

Nico the tranny will also pop up randomly.
>>
>>145535988
>they have any fantasy creatures imaginable but its mostly about humans

This is something that has bugged me about fantasy in general these days along with several other things I could go on a long incoherent autistic rant about. But in regards to this specific franchise there is so many non humans stories they could tell but instead we got the Jacetice League's epic Marvel battle with Thano- I mean Nicol Bolas comeplete with a you should have aimed for the head moment. Meanwhile I want to know about Rosnakht the new Kobold leader and her quest to kill the dragon Prossh to free her people from his rampage or what the Slivers are going to do with their emerging self awareness and these new omenpaths. Of course if we did get these stories they would probably be solved by Jace, Kellan or some other asshole nobody cares about with the Kobolds and Slivers being pushed to the side.

Doesn't help a lot of these new sets just feel like "theme sets" and nothing more, we got the murder mystery set, the cowboy set, the furry set (I really like Bloomburrow and other peole seem to really like it but I think they got lucky with this one) and as of today, the 80s horror movie set, and in the coming months the fucking racing set. With a few of em having cards that feel like scrapped un set cards they wanted to shove somewhere. Other sets had themes, but they also had care put into them like Innistrad actually having different kinds of zombies, Angels made by a vampire to keep the plane in check and probably some other shit I'm forgetting.

I think what I miss most about old Magic stories was that if you didn't like the setting or characters on one set, all you had to do was wait for the next one. But now with these omenpaths anyone can be anywhere and if the writers like a character you don't tough shit because they're gonna be everywhere.
>>
>>145543550
>Disgusting tranny take
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXWH1opO7Bs
>>
>>145543341
They retconned here positive romantic interactions with men, pretty much just Gideon to be honest, to slap her with the elf who was retconned to make no sense. Of course most people didn’t actually care about that until one guy tried to unretconned things with a particularly hamfisted story.
>>
>>145541685
Jace is now a villain they need a good guy as the protagonist.
>>
>>145543341
Chandra was designed as pansexual by the character designers.
>>
>>145543865
Here is a quick update
>Cowboy World
Blue Posterboy decides that all of this is shit and alongside his Snake GF and Baby Yoda plot to remake the Multiverse.
>Redwall World
>Horror Mansion World
Shit that doesn't matter happens while Blue Posterboy plots in the background
>YOU ARE HERE
>>
It will work if it's set in Kamigawa and follows either Red/Black Oni-Ogre or Black ninja Rats
>>
>>145547465
Kamigawa got completely ruined by neon dynasty, it fucking sucks now.
>>
>>145535811
Cyborg is Tezzeret
>>
>>145547568
I haven't followed Magic since OG Kamigawa
What happened?
>>
>>145547568
kamigawa was one of the worst selling sets
cyberpunk saved it
>>
File: 1693403010919158.gif (1.17 MB, 360x270)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB GIF
>>145542119
Lol, of jeez that's just the sort of cringe I was looking for
>>
>>145534733
It has the lore to do so, but Habro owns MTG, so it's going to be shit.
>>
>>145547465
I like Kamigawa. It's fun.
But choosing any plane that's just "normal world but magic guys" is a horrible way to establish any sort of overarching story or setting.
Unfortunately, the best options are Dominaria, Mirrodin, and Ravnica. With Zendikar and Alara falling just behind them.
>>
>>145534733
This will 100% crash and burn. The question is why.
>>
>>145534889
The only good MtG books are the original ones about Garth One-Eye and Gull the Woodcutter
>>
>>145534733
I can’t wait for sword fights in wheelchairs.
>>
>>145547612
Long and short, the mysticism in Kamigawa got a little too close to real religions like Shinto and Tao, and Wizards decided to avoid anything too close to currently practiced beliefs moving forward. They focus more on dead pantheons now.
To return to Kamigawa, they had the new set take place a thousand years in the future to instead go for more of a cyberpunk mecha derivative. It's honestly a fun set, but it's distinctly not the old Kamigawa
>>
>>145543287
The Hobbit didn't rape Tolkien like the stuff that has followed but it was the start with completely lore breaking changes done for diversity and greed. The Hobbit was the guy shoving her around and ripping her dress then the rest jumped in and gangraped her afterwords
>>
>>145547622
Sales are precisely why the game went to shit
Magics success came at the cost of its soul. OG kamigawa is cumbersome, janky, and pure soul. Neon dynasty is a cardboard theme park.
Money can't buy love, you fool.
>>
>>145547919
So no more oni and samurai in the Japan set?
>>
>>145534733
if it was based off the bloomburrow setting I'd watch the shit out of it
>>
>>145548357
Not much oni, but plenty of samurai.
It's just really heavy anime inspiration with any religious connections being surface level. Main tribes were rats, samurai, spirits, vehicles, foxes, and pilots.
>>
File: file.jpg (128 KB, 710x1000)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>145548475
I've got great news for you
>>
>>145534733
No, mostly because there won't be a MTG after HAsbro fucks it up by the time it comes out.
>>
>>145534733
I know there's a lot of lore or stories but what would this be about? One of those specific lines? I'd be up for some anthology series that explored some one off stories in various planes.
>>
>>145548596
Aww
That sucks
I liked the oni and ogres most because they had the coolest art
>>
You guys are just angry incel chuds
Touch grass
Have sex
The future is queer and female
>>
>>145548663
To their credit, Neon Dynasty's samurai is a huge mechanical improvement over the original. Both it and ninja got massive tribal support. And their respective Planeswalkers, The Wanderer and Kaito, are pretty fun.
>>
>>145547612
You ever seen Gintama?
Neon Dynasty is basically Gintama.
>>
File: platinum-angel-28551.jpg (116 KB, 298x431)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>started playing with Mirrodin
>got better with Kamigawa
>peaked with Ravnica
>got a girlfriend and left the game
Feels good I dropped out before they introduced cringewalkers and everything went to shit
>>
>>145534733
If Keith David isn't voicing Ajani, I'm not watching.
>>
>>145537438
>planeswalker can bend all of existence at their fingertips, cast enchantments that can turn creatures into gods, use sorceries that can exterminate entire cities
>nah let's keep the fucker in a wheelchair roflmao
I need to violently rape whoever keeps turning fantasy works into the goblin paralympics
>>
>>145549502
no one asked
seems you have issues
>>
>>145549502
based
>>
>>145549706
maybe he keeps the wheelchair because he's too lazy to walk and likes sitting on his ass all the time
>>
>>145549502
>played for a year and left
I think you just weren't very good
>>
>>145549752
But he's suppose to walk.
It's literally in his job description!
>>
I wish I could get into Magic, but TCGs are way too expensive.
>>
Fuck anyone who wants this show to fail. Anything that keeps Matalas busy and far away from Star Trek can only be a good thing.
>>
>>145550021
Arena is free if you're looking to dip your toes. The game gives you 10 starter decks for completing the extended tutorial.
TCG's only gets expensive if you try to follow the meta. As long as you learn the basics of deck building (and in MTGs case, drafting), you can make a great casual deck with just $40-60.
>>
>>145550678
Just because some bald asshole won in las vegas with a 40$ red deck 15 years ago it doesn't mean it's a cheap hobby
It's not quite 40k but still
>>
>>145547690
Its what happens when your founding design principle for a setting is "big monsters are cool and the selling point" while also having the majority of the lived experiences of you and your co-workers are as suburban or urban Seattleite's.
>>
>>145542119
>It's yet another "We have a supernatural connection to nature and humans don't so they're evil" story
Fucking

Awesome
>>
>>145550835
You don't need to compete in Vegas, you just need to play in a buddy's basement.
Meta creates a feedback loop of scarcity that artificially inflates card prices, once you identify what the meta is and know how to avoid it, you can quickly maximize your deck value at a low price. $40 won't win the tournament, but it can and will give you hours of fun if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>145542119
Ikoria is just Kaiju themed, there's no need to get more complicated than that
>>
>>145550029
I don't care about Star Trek, but I thought he salvaged the dumpsterfire that Picard was and managed to give the fans something instead of spitting in their face yet again
>>
>>145550835
>red
why does it have a reputation to be the cheap deck?
>>
>>145551567
Magic's resource system is split into five colors, and each color has strengths and weaknesses. Red specializes in inexpensive creatures that attack quickly and spells that deal damage to players directly. Against decks that don't defend themselves quickly or are using their life total as a resource, this very linear and direct strategy can be extremely effective.

These cards are typically inexpensive because they are only good in a deck that is using them for this particular strategy, and oftentimes they're common cards on top of that.
>>
>>145534733
Isn't Magic the Gathering a Rightwinger and Centrist hobby? This is good choice!
>>
>>145551567
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5oc_9ObMzc
>>
File: mat-50-drannith-ruins.jpg (145 KB, 672x936)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>145551453
If the planet was just Kaiju animal planet with out host Vivien Reed that would of been great.
But instead by trying to add complexity, they ended up with the Nuance between "humans are cancer" and "fern gully" being "the mystically chosen few deserve to survive" which has clear problems magic sets in the past avoided.
>>
>>145551567
The creatures those decks run tend to be weak in a vacuum, and burn spells are normally cheap.
The deck's objective is to drop the opponents life to zero before they have a chance to respond, usually within the first 4 turns. But if they don't do that, they'll usually just lose.

The other reason they're cheap is because they're not always that fun to play, not many people enjoy games that only last 4 turns even if they win.
>>
The only Magic game I remember playing to this day is some jackass who had a spell that basically reset the game and his strategy was to play it over and over until I got mana flooded and he won
>>
>>145543383
He just hated incels, like you. ;)
>>
>>145534733
If they focus on a single narrative, sure.
Worked for the Dungeons and Dragons movie.
>>
>>145534889
Sounds like they should just make it like how most card game anime are now adays, make it about the game
>>
>>145549502
what did you play?
>>
>>145542327
No one got on Yugi's ass for not fucking the 9 year old with a crush on him. That's all I ever heard about how gay Yuki is.
>>
File: file.png (960 KB, 1257x815)
960 KB
960 KB PNG
>>145551423
>>145550678
Here's my favorite cheap deck that I like running.
Gates sans Black, win condition is Mirror March into pure beat down.

Super low, the most expensive card is Emergence Zone ($2.50) followed by Mirror March ($1.50). Everything else is less than 50 cents. I have a lot of fun with this one.
>>
File: 20240920_214321.jpg (3.26 MB, 4000x2252)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
>>145553502
Hard R of course
>>
File: 1713896217444799.jpg (225 KB, 641x987)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>145534904
>>145534925
>>145535811
>>145535966
>>145536108
God I hate this insufferable faggot.
>>
>145534867
why are you fags unable to not reply to /co/mblr bait like this?
>>
>>145553714
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
File: weave.png (733 KB, 1208x698)
733 KB
733 KB PNG
>>145534733
hopefully we get more rakdos planeswalkers
>>
>>145553736
>"diversity is crucial"
That's the real reason because if the characters are nonhuman they can't shove politics in. People can relate to nonhumans no problem and have been doing so for decades upon decades by virtue one of the most well know characters in media is a fucking mouse. These types actually bitch that animal characters/nonhumans are "taking away" spots for minorities they want to shove in people's faces.
>>
is anyone actually going to buy Duskmourn
it looks DEI and LGBT as hell
>>
File: 1721677174239286m.jpg (140 KB, 735x1024)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Just make it about Mirrodin and explore short stories. The main group being an elf, a smart goblin and a hulking golem on adventures is good enough
>>
AYYYYYY lmao
>>
The Final Fantasy set might be the first MtG set I'll buy in years. MIGHT.
>>
>>145554147
I'll buy if it has Jobs
>>
>>145554179
Like as Enchantment - Class cards?
>>
>>145554208
Yeah that could work
then again maybe skills will be enchanments too, in most games the cast can learn whatever they want
maybe jobs apply some kind of synergy boost for specific skill combinations

most likely we'll just get the most popular characters with fixed abilities though
>>
>>145534733
Maybe. I don't know much about Magic but it apparently has a story and lore, it's had novels and comics. And Netflix is hit or miss. Arcane was pretty great, and this seems like a similar situation.
>>
>>145554063
looks pretty bad/generic and more so with it having to follow up bloomburrow which had more style and even got the mouseguard creator to make art for some cards
>>
>>145553736
Note to anyone in the threads who doesn't know. Mark Rosewater has made his personal brand and blog with a ratio of 4 PR posts for every one piece of trivia.
If you go in with that understanding and can stomach boldfaced defense of bad decisions you can find some fun tidbits.
>>
>>145554071
Sorry anon Mirrodin from the start was made as a way to ressurect the phyrexians when the devs felt like it.
The setting is in the eyes of Wizards a disposable shell.
>>
File: GX anime Yubel.png (396 KB, 624x467)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
>>145553657
Nowadays, anyone who's actually intimately familiar with GX says Jaden's gay because of Yubel. Yubel was originally a human, and while their gender is never stated, they clearly lacked breasts. Regardless, Jaden's past life, the Supreme King, possessed a power that would let him be a great hero; however, it was determined that the Supreme King needed a guardian until he matured so he could actually control that power. Yubel agreed to be that guardian, and was somehow transformed into their modern form - a demonic hermaphrodite. Yubel also, at least in Japanese, constantly switches between a masculine and feminine voice.
>>
>>145554857
>Sorry anon Mirrodin from the start was made as a way to ressurect the phyrexians when the devs felt like it.
That's a pretty good reason to cover Mirrodin then.
>>
>>145554903
Jaden also has some gay vibes with Jesse, but when Alexis throws herself at him, he's just like "let's stay friends"
>>
>>145554905
But that relies on the audience giving a shit about the phyrexians beforehand, which entails a run through the Weatherlight Saga.
>>
File: file.png (1.31 MB, 672x936)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>145555056
>But that relies on the audience giving a shit about the phyrexians beforehand
You're thinking too much about it.
Glistening Oil isn't that complicated: zombie juice go BBBBBRRRRRRRR.
You don't need to know anything about the old Phyrexians to immediately realize why it's a threat, and as long as your metal zombies look cool, then the audience will give a shit.
>>
>>145534733
Is this gonna be about Ajani? Sorry, Mirri...your tragic tale of unrequited love is forgotten.
>>
>>145554857
I just want myrs man, why WotC has to do my artifact chickens so dirty
>>
>>145555381
Huh, I could run Ziatora as an infect deck.
>>
>>145555795
Myrs are a lot cuter than they have any right to be.
They're constantly drawn in all these bad ass action poses but they just come across as goofy and adorable in just about everything they do.
I love them so much.
>>
>>145535988
>Everything is fucking violent and disgusting, everyone is just canon fodder doing the most epic shit CONSTANTLY.

Tyranids short stories are a master class in horror, those fuckers are an apocalypse and a half and I love every bit of the human reactions to things getting worse and worse
>>
>>145555795
>>145555907
Best case scenario now that the remnants of Mirran Culture (like sub 50 people) live in Fantasy Africa is some mad lad taking them to other plains.
Its fucking wild how badly the Mirrans got fucked to first push New Phyrexia for the invasion plot and second as all their characters got used as fodder for the Planeswalker heroics.
Especially when even during the edgefest of New Phyrexia the set we still got something for them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdDXMG9jvwg
>>
>>145555043
He can't get with a female Kaiba, that would be gay
>>
>>145555964
It's just a horrible living nightmare of bone, blood, and acid. Entire planets manually harvested of food, water, and atmosphere

At least Imperium planet-killers are quick
>>
>>145556021
I wish Alexis was female Kaiba, she didn't fall as bad as Bastion but she fell of the relevance train quite hard
>>
>>145547612
It's a bit complicated to explain, especially since there's multiple different explanations for how they fucked up so bad, but the one Maro generally spouts is that they retroactively made a new set they were developing into Kamigawa despite the fact it made no sense.
To go into more detail Maro wanted to do a Kamigawa set but didn't want to force it on his team since some many people dislike it. So instead he basically just subtlety encouraged them work in that direction by encrouging the use of certain mechanics and themes. The end result ended up almost nothing like Kamigawa due to the fact they weren't trying to make Kamigawa, but because it was Japanese themed the team were alright with slaping Kamigawa's name onto it.
>>145547622
Fuck you man, the ridiculous amount of retcons, visual changes, and mechanical dissonance in Neon made Kamigawa into a hollow shell of it's former self. Sure Kamigawa had mechanical issues and came out after a high power set but with some elbow grease they could of made the setting work.
>>
>>145554100
This is a cool card.
Kinda seems like shit, but a cool card anyway.
>>
File: Ghidorah.jpg (291 KB, 672x936)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>145551453
I hope Magic goes back to Ikoria eventually, I would like to see more Mutate cards.
>>
>>145556107
As someone that dropped this game on the og kamigawa, let me tell you that the game just didn't feel good to play
>>
>>145549706
Daretti is a post-mending planeswalker, not a god-level, pre-mending planeswalker
>>
>>145556165
Mutate was badly received and considered too complex by players. They could have brought it back for the Fallout decks since it would have fit the flavor perfectly, but didn't want to because again it's unpopular and complicated, so I doubt we'll ever see it again aside from one-offs in Modern Horizons 4 or something.
>>
File: Kinnan.png (1.34 MB, 1001x736)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>145542119
You forgot to mention the kid with the downs
>>
>>145558235
you know he doesn't actually have downs, right
>>
>>145534733
No, and it will be nausiatingly diverse and woke as fuck too.

MTG has been trash for years.
>>
>>145534867
Unironically this.

Fuck brown "people" especially.
>>
>1996
https://scryfall.com/sets/mir?as=grid&order=set
>>
File: DV6NNbYVMAEoOyG.jpg (62 KB, 619x508)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>145534733
No.
>>
>>145558245
I know he doesn't actually have downs, if I remember the artist just based him off someone they knew with a disability or something. Can't find where it was mentioned so there is a good chance I misremembered and made shit up on the internet. Oh well
>>
File: prompt.png (61 KB, 760x178)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>145558341
The only thing I know is that the art director asked the artist to draw a sassy fat kid.
>>
If Yugioh is 4chan core, MtG is ?
>>
>>145534733
Why is it called "The Gathering" if you never see them gathering anywhere?
>>
File: 1667560785080292.jpg (622 KB, 1920x1080)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
>>145558298
All stock traded companies do this.

The shareholder is the client, and the customer is the product.
>>
>>145558478
Uh? MtG has more fans on 4chan.
>>
File: EuLZmtMUUAIfxML.png (404 KB, 500x497)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>145558483
>>
>>145558492
Dire if MtG is most popular in the website where it's behind like 3 other card games.
>>
>>145558492
>Uh? MtG has more fans on 4chan.
I'm not sure about fans, but you definitely have more people talking shit about it.
>>
>>145558504
Other two?

There's just one: And it's called Yu-Gi-Oh!

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2024/5/7-443-yu-gi-oh-players-compete-in-largest-card-tournament-ever-769118
>>
>>145539804
>made asian, with 99% of all white mal heroes form the comics
It's the Asian century, chud
>>
>>145539904
Wait, why didn't they just play MTG:A
>>
File: btdmg.jpg (1.17 MB, 1500x1500)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>145558561
I just buy the fanmade cards these days.
>>
>>145558573
Two core reasons I think:
1) Arena is incomplete. None of their game modes translates to any existing format because Wizards hasn't been able to convert the entire collection of magic to that digital format. Standard is their closest, but that's also the most limited card selection.
2) Arena is NOT a trading card game. There's no trading, there's no cards. These people are collectors that spent thousands of dollars in cardboard, and they want to compete against other cardboard collectors. No one wants to go against that faggot who proxied 4 copies of sheoldred, which is basically what arena amounts to.
>>
Magic is a horrible game and the land-based mana system means it can never be fixed.
Horrible scam community.
Horrible company(wotc) running things with pinkertons.

All in all there is not a single good reason to ever play magic.
>>
>>145558478
I don't know if you can even really call Yu-Gi-Oh 4chan core.
That community is basically all the stereotypes you'd expect from this place, but without any irony.
>>
>>145534832
>MTG lore has been garbage for years and they only revisit the good lore when they need to dig up its corpse to fuck some more money out of it. My guess is they'll try to make Arcane on a Kappa Mikey budget, with predictable results.
This. They have lost any and all of the original personality that magic had after they introduced planeswalkers as cards. Then they had the jacestice league. There are no interesting stories to tell because when they moved off dominaria it was shitty cribbing from other media and has been since.
If they even remember half of the cool stories they tried to tell urza vs yawgmoth, the rise of Karona and Kamahl having to destroy her.
Honestly the downfall for story was the original Ravnica, the characters are shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.