[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>The Lonesome Cowboy is not having a good day. Out of tobacco, arriving at night and under pouring rain in the small mining settlement of Froggy Town, he soon finds himself in conflict with two of the Bone brothers, somewhat infamous local figures. Unfortunately, Luke’s reputation precedes him, and when the townspeople ask him to investigate a hold-up in place of the sheriff – none other than James Bone – the tension ratchets up another notch…
>>
> Ramona Fradon's Aquaman
>>145965633
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
That's all I have time for now, but I'll be back with more SoGV threads!
>>
Thanks for the storytime. That was a cute read.
>>
>>145967878
Epic.
>>
>>145967755
I read the first three volumes of this and storytimed the Billy the Kid story earlier this year. Good shit op I'll give this one a read.
>>
>>145967939
Lucky Luke isn't so lucky.
>>
>>145968411
Thanks, OP.
>>
>>145968100
Based horse.
>>
Bump while I read.
>>
>>145968188
kek
>>
>>145973708
>>
thanks anon
I'm on some Western binge and checking put dollar trilogy and doing a second playthrough of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (great gaem)
>>
>>145968411
pretty fun. wish we had a cartoon or a modern game of lucky luke
>>
>>145974834
>a modern game of lucky luke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fhzgJri6Es

Granted, this came out in 2013, but still... monkey's paw
>>
>>145967755
Neat
Thanks for the storytime
>>
>>145968283
Doc bros...
>>
>>145967817
These colours are incredible
>>
Guess I'll read this now
>>
I just read this on a whim...
The fuck?
Wasn't Lucky Luke a texas ranger or marshall or whatever? I thought he had a badge and everything. Was he a bounty hunter instead?
>>
>>145978945
He's basically the roaming gunslinger that was most western heroes in movies who is only in town to shoot the bad guys and is trusted to do the right thing
>>
>>145974834
>wish we had a cartoon or a modern game of lucky luke
Goddammit, no! Fuck you, drop that monkey's paw right now, you fuckhead! Have you learned nothing?
>>
>>145978945

I read the entire series a few months back, in reverse order since the English translations weren't released in sequence anyway, and he never really stays in the same place for any length of time.

He was usually just deputized as a special agent or took up a temporary job as a local sheriff. We actually see him work a few cattle drives, especially early on, and work as a troubleshooter for some of the railroads.

The albums that were made later leaned more and more into stories where people begged him to do a special job for them. A bunch of them basically felt they were made around a template.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1UW57GMgmA&pp=ygUbbWF0dGhpZXUgYm9uaG9tbWUgaW50ZXJ2aWV3
>>
>>145977716
I'm amazed how simple they look and yet laser focused to match the art and pacing. Great use of colors to set the mood and also visual hierarchy to separate foreground and background. Someone with less skill might have gotten bogged down with coloring every detail and excessive rendering. This is actually quite educational the more I look at each page.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.