[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Jul_Huber_5[1].jpg (38 KB, 448x299)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
I'm having a hard time finding information on cement roof sheathing.
Is this just not done in the US?
I'm trying to sheath my roof with cement boards, and then put a metal roof over that using adhesive. Cant find shit for information.
>>
Why not just use corrugated cement roofing sheets?
>>
fucking why?
>>
>>2787227
what do you want me to use? OSB?
>>
>>2787238
no, wood
>>
>>2787197
What the fuck is that? You're supposed to screw the metal roof onto the roof lathing, not glue it.
>>
>>2787197
Youre a fucking dolt
>>
>>2787227
he probably just happens to have a large stackof it
>>
>>2787197
It's called roof decking, not roof sheathing. That's why you're having a hard time finding results.
Google it.

Also, unless you just happen to have a bunch of this shit laying around, why would you want to use it? AFAIK it's not at all common in the US except for when it's used over another solid decking like steel when intended as a base for membrane systems etc.

I'm pretty sure that if you used it like the plywood in your pic related, you wouldn't be able to walk on it.
>>
>>2787244
>ah yes use water resistant plywood goy please buy it, $130 a sheet
vs
>buy fiberglass and fine wire mesh for almost nothing
>form massive 16ft by 4ft sheets
>tip them up onto the roof
>panel goes from peak to eve, minimizing leaks

>>2787249
i want to glue it down to the cement sheets and ideally poke minimal holes into the metal, which are just avenues for leaking
>>
>>2787197
USG makes cement sheathing
>>
File: Aluskatteen-asennus.jpg (165 KB, 1200x800)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>2787294
nigga, you do it like this
>>
>>2787463
its an a-frame house so doing it like that would be extremely loud in the rain and provide very poor sound insulation in general.
>>
Why not just use hardibacker?
>>
File: insul.jpg (248 KB, 1000x640)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>2787568
then use something like pic rel and get actuall insualtion against heat cold and sound
>>
>>2787568
Well you're gonna insulate your roof, right? RIGHT???
>>
why not pour the roof out of concrete?
>>
>>2787197
1/2" osb and metal roof on top of that. no adhesive use metal roofing screws.
>>
>>2787568
>its an a-frame house
These memes still get build somewhere? I assume you're some canuk or norsefag, in which case i don't get why you're skipping actual insulation like in >>2787718.
>>
>>2790161
i have unlimited firewood and enjoy making fire in a wood stove.
if I need insulation, I will just cram it between the rafters and put in interior walls, but I dont need it,
I more or less want added protection from wildfires. I was going to redo the walls too with the cement for walls people do
my thought is a concrete roof is viable since the roof is so slanted, that the weight isnt a concern. the metal is because I am afraid it may eventually crack and leaked.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.