[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

lost power for a while took everything out of the fridge but there was food residue or something so it got completely full of mold. how do i clean it? will bleach water kill the mold?
>>
I would clean it throughly with vinegar
Then spray it down again with vinegar especially in the vents and areas you cant clean and let it run for a day or two
Then i would unplug it and let it dry out for a few days and then clean it with vinegar again and let it run empty again
>>
would i have to take it apart to clean in the vents and stuff
>>
I would tape the boor shut….roll it outside and flop it into a pickup bed. Drive to a bridge and quickly dump it in the ocean…GUHBLOOOOOOOOSH
>>
>>2790226
Yeah anon, if a fridge goes without power for long enough for everything inside to mold over it's been too long to reasonably salvage. There will be mold in any vents, and the smell of it will have seeped into the plastic. Your best bet is just to get rid of it and get a new one honestly unless you are broke af.

>T. Spilled milk in a mini fridge while drunk, lost power and forgot about it for 3 days
>>
>>2790202
Vinegar is a meme.
Black mold is one ofthe most acid resistant organisms on earth. Look up where citric acid comes from.

Use bleach, the ozone generator.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.