[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1280x720)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
i have abused this lil nigga like you wouldn't believe. i don't even know if there is oil in it.
why do people talk shit about briggs and straton engines? it just keeps running
>>
I've never known anyone to talk shit about them. They're way more reliable than Tecumseh. I bought my pushmower specifically because it had a Briggs & Stratton
>>
>>2790421
Still have my 29 year-old Craftsman riding mower. I probably could have built a new riding mower from scratch with all the replacement parts I've had to put into it. But it still runs.
>>
Love Briggs…have to admit Honda and its clone Predator are easier to work on due to better design and engineering. Tecumseh suck

t. Go kart man
>>
>>2790451
gx hondas are the goat small engine. i have multiples that sit outside all winter and will start 1st or 2nd pull anytime. plus they have the easiest pull start cord to fix of any engine
fuck kohler engines. obnoxious pitched noisy, and always a cocksucker to start
>>
>>2790466
Meh my stump grinder has a Kohler on it, it's aight
>>
>>2790421
i don't like the briggs plastic diaphragm carb, but it works fine for what it is and at least they all use the same rebuild kit.
>>
>machine solely used for cutting grass while sitting on your ass
boomers were a mistake
>>
>>2791213
...says the 300m2 landowner.
>>
This is what abusing a riding lawnmower looks like.
>>
>>2791238
where's the lawnmower part. Just looks like a toy loader to me; better than no loader I suppose.
>>
>>2791240
All is well until you bend the steering arms because the front wheels were not designed to hold weight like that.
>>
>>2791238
it has counterweights in the rear wheels? or what is that suppose to be?
>>
>>2790421
LT1000 and 2000s are some of the best riding mowers. I have three as I collect them and they don't wear out more parts than one so I always have two ready to mow if I hurt one.
>>
>>2791268
Wheel counterweights are common on tractors because it's out of the way of rear implements.
>>
>>2791275
>Wheel counterweights are common on tractors
not in my area, i have never seen those kind of counterweights
>>
>>2791280
They're also frequently used when people put plows or snowblowers on a riding lawnmower because those simply don't have a good place on the back to attach a lot of weight to. But that's an uncommon use even in very snowy places because the snowblower attachments for those are stupid expensive (often exceeding the cost of the mower itself) and the lawnmower is generally unsuitable for use in snow because it lacks sufficient clearance, 4WD, and the tires are not designed for snow. So it's rare to see a lawnmower snowblower (and even rarer to see a lawnmower loader), but when you do they usually have those wheel weights.
>>
File: 63_Briggs.jpg (792 KB, 2000x1500)
792 KB
792 KB JPG
60's army generator.
>>
>>2791302
>1.5HP
What do you even use this thing for? That would struggle to run a toaster.
>>
File: 63_BriggGen.jpg (945 KB, 2000x1500)
945 KB
945 KB JPG
Radar
>>
>>2791305
>What do you even use this thing for? That would struggle to run a toaster

the military has various situations. My friend has a vietnam era army generator based on a volkswagen engine that puts out 3 phase in various formats and can power a huge house and then some. the problem is that you go deaf if you're within a mile of it, and you about have to be an electrical engineer to figure out the settings.
>>
File: 63_BriggsGenBox.jpg (1.28 MB, 2000x1500)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>2791309
>you about have to be an electrical engineer to figure out the settings
Not only that but you have zero information on the internet. It's a very niche domain. Saved that fren. On another note. I repaired our Massey Ferguson ride along mower this winter. Bend push rods. One is made of iron the other from aluminium. It's really dumb.
>>
>>2791312
lots of old/vintage stuff is sadly zero info, I got a MTC boombox here that I "fixed" (the motors for the tape cassette drive are worn out and I don't got replacements or a electrical diagram) so I'm currently stuck on how to actually fix it, or get parts for it. I could try "adjusting" the tape speed potentiometer for the motors but I'm pretty sure its the motors being actually worn out.
>>
File: KNEEL.gif (3.8 MB, 281x405)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB GIF
>>2791238
>>
File: 20240331_160351.jpg (3.35 MB, 3323x2274)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
i like the hydrostatic cub cadets
Loaded ag tires, weights and chains make for pretty incredible traction.
>>
>>2791280
>>2791275

The physics of rotational weight help you out too. With one wheel peel garden tractors you are very likely to spin one wheel in low traction situiations. More weight over the low traction tire helps, but rotational weight helps even more. The weight js low,will never make you tip, but making a heavy wheel accelerate quickly and start spinning requires far more energy than a light one.
Heavy as hell wheels wont spin, even if in very low traction, and the weight helps too, hence wheel weights.

You can make your own out of concrete and threaded rod pretty easy.
>>
File: 4A032conti.jpg (148 KB, 640x480)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>2791309
You're thinking of the Teledyne/Continental 4A032. It's only similar to the VW in rough appearance. They're a much more durable and easily serviced engine than all but the actual industrial VW mills.
>>
>>2791483
^This. They're great engines.

Mufflers and noise suppression are easy to fab.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.