[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 11.jpg (704 KB, 3360x2240)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
So all I have to do to get a job is to go to a construction site and ask for it, despite having barely any experience whatsoever? Who do I ask to speak with?
>>
>>2790616
>Who do I ask to speak with?

I'd look for someone with enough intelligence to know what is off-topic for a board like /diy/. Clearly you are an idiot, so basically anyone on the site is going to be smarter than you.
>>
>>2790616
No habela espanhole
>>
>>2790632
I do speak fluent Spanish despite not being Mexican, is that a plus?
>>
>>2790634
Always and it's a good way to make beanerbros at work.
>>
>>2790616
you just show up at 5am with hard hat, gloves, and hi-vis vest. just start working. it's that easy
>>
>>2790616
if your at or near a job site. look at the work trucks on site and make a note of the company name/logo on the vehicles. go to company website and get the email, ph# and start asking them asking for a job.
helps if youve done alittle research and some basic fundamentals of construction
>>
File: 1714261903207582.png (96 KB, 760x1760)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>2790616
here's the perfect gig for you op. slave wages. no benefits. asshole boss. but you get to use a chainsaw. what more could you want?
>>
>>2792648
Based schizo boss more like
>>
>>2790616
This is a weird one. In my area, heavily European, there are coffee shops different trades go to. When we had no work we'd go to the coffee shop, sit down and shoot the shit, 9/10 we'd get some sort of project from being there. Now days I'd say apply with a union so you have guaranteed employment and income in the future, don't just become a laborer. If I was in my late teens or early 20s I'd be getting my certificates for elevator technician, medical equipment tech etc. jobs that pay well and are pretty much guaranteed to be in demand. I would never want to be a carpenter/plumber/electrician on a job site today.
>>
>>2791336
Do not e-mail people for a job.
Show up at their company.
>>
>>2790616
Just yell “donde es blanco el jefe?”at them and ask the guy they point at for a job

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.