[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

An anon recommended a temporary solution to a cheap sprinkler system with a $5 timer but I can't find it edition.
I'm thinking of getting like 5 hoses for all my trees too
Anon other tips?
>>
>>2790922
If you don't remove that overgrown tree before it gets bigger you'll be raped by arborist bills. Too many homeowners don't look up. It's only going to get worse but if nothing beneath matters much it could be an insurance paycheck.

If you fuck up and yank out a power line that could be inconvenient but isn't a disaster most of the time.
>>
>>2790929
The troid stays
Next question
>>
>>2790930
What are your plans when those branches break off? They will eventually and you do not have a choice in that matter. Do post when it happens.
>>
>>2790957
I'll sell the house before it happens. Already had the most dangerous branches removed when I bought the place and it wasn't that much.
>>
>>2790922
>Get about 8 feet of polyurethane 60 psi drip tube 1"
>buy 4 90° barbed pvc fittings, two "T" fittings, and two inline "T" fittings. All 1"
>buy a bag of 1" otekir ear clamps
>buy 1 hose attachment you can screw into one of the inline T's
>buy 3/4" irrigation nipple
>buy 1 hunter 5000 roter head
>Cut poly pipe into a square attached with the 90°'s
>cut two sides of the square and add a pipe to run to each side using the "T" fittings
>In the middle of your newly added middle pipe cut in your inline T.
>Attach nipple to hunter 5000 head
>Adjust for a full 360° spray. Use a number "3" nozzle (they come with the heads, so does a key for adjustments)
>now choose any side on your square frame to cut into and throw in another inline T.
>Add hose attachment and attach hose all the way go the bib
>Add a hose timer to set up automatic watering at your choosing
>easy full coverage cheap irrigation
I did this for a few years before I installed my own system. It works really well and cost about 20 bucks for all the parts

[-¤-]
|

^That's as well as I could draw the design to give an example of what the instructions are. Use your imagination to connect all the corners, sprinkler head shown as the circle and the stem representing the hose.
>>
>>2790929
Cozy tree, but remove soon
>>
>>2791173
Nei.
Troid Stoid.
>>
>>2790959
In how many years would that be?
>>
>>2791951

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.